D-Link DIR-632

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
lelininkas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 16:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
onix wrote:

What procedure do you use to "reset" it? What happens after you reset it? Do you see SSID DD-WRT come up? Does it stop working after a few minutes / hours?? Can you log in to 192.168.1.1? ... Need more details.

Thanks for you reply!
    * I've done both: reset button on the router and reset through web interface.
    * Yes, SSID DD-WRT comes up after reset.
    * Sometimes for a brief second I'm able to send/receive one ping packet from my pc. Other than that it does not work at all.
    * Yes I'm able to login to 192.168.1.1 (that's how I was able to check WAN IP and do PING from the router)
Sponsor
onix
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 22:18    Post subject: Using UNIX command: top Reply with quote
lelininkas wrote:
Thanks for you reply!
    * I've done both: reset button on the router and reset through web interface.
    * Yes, SSID DD-WRT comes up after reset.
    * Sometimes for a brief second I'm able to send/receive one ping packet from my pc. Other than that it does not work at all.
    * Yes I'm able to login to 192.168.1.1 (that's how I was able to check WAN IP and do PING from the router)

Well this router and my Buffalo have always been temperamental. I have since started to:
    0. Reset using 30-30-30. WAIT AT LEAST 5 MINUTES before doing anything.
    1. Telnet into the router (telnet router IP address from cmd line)
    2. 'erase nvram' from telnet terminal window
    3. 'reboot' from telnet terminal window
    4. WAIT AT LEAST 5 MINUTES again.
    5. Log in via http and update username and password.
    6. Telnet in again. This time run the command 'top' and make sure all processes have settled. ('top' is like task manager in windows) If you see anything that says start_service or similar, keep monitoring until they disappear from the list. Keep this telnet window open.
    7. As you Save and/or Apply changes on your http session, keep an eye on services starting and stopping on your telnet terminal running top.
    8. Make additional changes or reboot, ONLY after any services have completed.

Let us know how it goes.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wiki is not up to date, i.e. wifi light does work, WDS button is not used but the light is an indicator of flash in progress & when flash is completed.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-632
taavi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got DIR-632 and flashed to DD-WRT. Now I discovered that VLAN-s are not supported. Although the switch inside this router supports VLAN-s.

tryed also command line:
Code:
root@DD-WRT:~# swconfig dev eth0 show
Failed to connect to the switch

swconfig does not support switch chip inside DIR-632?

D-Link software has VLAN support. The idea to use DD-WRT was PPTP, but I need port based VLANs also, now I am stuck. Any ideas to get VLAN-s and swconfig working?
dhg4dragon8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
what is the latest build?
i am running 21061

thanks
kmrahe
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:53    Post subject: Latest build Reply with quote
I just installed 24461 a few days ago, and it's working great - even set up a guest SSID that just allows Internet access and is isolated from my internal network, and got Dynamic DNS working again after running a version of DD-WRT for a couple years where that feature was broken.
dhunt2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 15:47    Post subject: Unbrick DIR-632? Reply with quote
Bricked my DIR-632A after attempting to load the latest DD-WRT build. I've done this dozens of times before, not sure what went wrong. Will attempt to recover using D-Link emergency firmware recovery procedure.

Last edited by dhunt2 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 21:42; edited 1 time in total
dhunt2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 18:33    Post subject: Unbrick DIR-632 Success Reply with quote
I was able to recover my bricked DIR-632 by using the D-Link emergency flashing procedure. Apparently this works on most D-Link "DIR" series
routers. Flashed back to factory firmware, then factory to dd-wrt, and finally the latest dd-wrt build. Don't forget to re-configure your PC with a static IP address of something other than 192.168.1.1 (e.g. 192.168.1.5) when trying to access the router after flashing factory to dd-wrt.

See "How to restore to factory firmware" under http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-632
Cmp_Cmndo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
dhunt2 wrote:
Bricked my DIR-632A after attempting to load the latest DD-WRT build. I've done this dozens of times before, not sure what went wrong. Will attempt to recover using D-Link emergency firmware recovery procedure.

There were upgrade issues with that build. Most had the same problem, no matter what the router.

Are there any significant differences from DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118 ?

Nothing in the changelog stands out as applicable to this router.
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline
dhunt2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cmp_Cmndo wrote:
dhunt2 wrote:

There were upgrade issues with that build. Most had the same problem, no matter what the router.

Are there any significant differences from DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/24/13) std - build 22118 ?

Nothing in the changelog stands out as applicable to this router.
http://svn.dd-wrt.com/timeline

To be honest, I haven't noticed any significant improvements with the DIR-632. I have it configured as a Wireless Access Point and use a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND as the main router. The TP-Link seems a little more stable with the later builds. I update both routers just to keep everything consistent.
sandm0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 13:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,
can you please share what is the most stable firmware build?
thanks
leechyeah
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 0:14    Post subject: Cannot get an IP address from Hotspot Reply with quote
Hi,

I am using build 25309, but having trouble getting Hotspot System to work.

Router does not give me IP address - I should get one in the 192.168.182.x range as Hotspot is enabled. No network connectivity.

However, I get a email notification from HotspotSystem that my router is "UP."

If I give myself a static IP address of 192.168.1.x then I can go on the internet.

But I want clients to be redirected to my hotspot login page.

How do I get my router to correctly redirect my clients?

I have already tried this without success:http://help.hotspotsystem.com/knowledgebase/computer-doesnt-get-a-proper-ip-address-from-the-router
begleysm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
[SOLVED http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=934977]
[I've put up a quick how-to on my wiki http://steamforge.net/wiki/index.php/How_To_Setup_a_Novatel_MiFi_2200_as_a_USB_Modem_in_DD-WRT]

All the documentation I've read seems to suggest that getting your WAN connection via USB should be possible. I've downloaded and installed the latest build (from 11/20/2014) and I am still not seeing how to do it.

I think I need to add a "package" somehow but am not sure how to do this.

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
begleysm

Last edited by begleysm on Sat Nov 29, 2014 17:00; edited 1 time in total
begleysm
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well as mentioned I've got the 3G USB Modem working but I am experiencing an issue where client machines will intermittently not see the SSID being broadcast by the router. If you wait and watch, it will come back, then disappear again.

I've watched this happen on multiple client simultaneously so I do blame the router at this point.

I am working off the newest build. Does someone have a recommendation for an older build where this doesn't happen?
Cmp_Cmndo
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:50    Post subject: Wiki needs updating Reply with quote
Can someone update the wiki?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-632

Out-of-the-box factory firmware
Download the current firmware:
1. NA (North America) - Factory-to-ddwrt r20548. NA (North America) - Factory-to-ddwrt r20548.

r20548 is not the current version

Common Problems

The WiFi Led doesn't light up. Not really a problem.

Wifi LED has been working since earlier revs of several years ago.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 29 of 32
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: