D-Link DIR-632

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Jackal1007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed it 2 days ago and it works just fine. Great job on the code. Have not tried the USB port though but this router is right next to a computer with PRINTER AND FILE sharing so it is no big issue for me. Thanks again BrainSlayer.
Sponsor
qfox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
the wireless mac is still not correct in this build, but has been fixes already in newer builds

Hi BrainSlayer,

Where can I find the new build?

I will buy a DIR-632 today.

Thanks,
flashdrive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 15:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
My apologies Jackal1007, I thought Brainslayer wanting people to test the firmware included testing more than just basic features. I didn't realize that USB features weren't supposed to work since apparently everyone has a computer with PRINTER AND FILE sharing. Sorry for being such a jerk.

Hopefully i'm not being a jerk by posting this too:

Brainslayer,

When testing for full speed wireless, I changed the channel width to "Dynamic 20/40MHz" and the wireless interface just dropped. Syslog shows twice "ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): ath0: link is not ready" but I never see any hostapd entries even after reboot.

Note: "Turbo 40MHz" works as expected.
shadetreegeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 16:17    Post subject: USB port testing Reply with quote
So far have been unable to either detect the usb printer or discover the addr of the usb port to do it manually? Anyone know the port addr relative to a start of port addresses?
shadetreegeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 0:01    Post subject: USB port testing Reply with quote
Kudos to Brainslayer... Everything works including the usb printer port. If D-Link was smart they would pay him for his efforts and license the code... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
flashdrive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Was there anything you did to get it to work with usb?
shadetreegeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:31    Post subject: flashdrive Reply with quote
Have installed h/p printers on the usb port and have succeded with a generic 3.5 inch hard drive enclosure with a 320 gb drive. Have not tried a small flash drive 1-32 gb device so can not comment on those.
shadetreegeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:34    Post subject: getting printer to work Reply with quote
In win 7 use the add printer function and then let it search if it fails to find then select the option to manually install and use tcip port then use base address of your router then select your printer from the win 7 list and install. I realize this is cryptic but I didn't copy all the steps for posting.
flashdrive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
no worries, point is you're actually getting it to recognize things attached to the USB. Do you mind running 'dmesg | grep -i usb' on the router to verify information about your printer is written to the kernel buffer?
cenders
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 17:02    Post subject: Kudos Brainslayer Reply with quote
Basic functions meeting my needs are working great. Thank you. Have not tried anything other than DDNS. Not sure what the wireless MAC problem is but I am still running the initial build posted earlier in this thread.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
for usb, never forget to enable usb first, then it should work

Yummee:
Linux DD-WRT 4.14.8 #42 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 21 18:11:16 CET 2017 armv7l DD-WRT
root@DD-WRT:/sys# nvram get DD_BOARD
Netgear R7800
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
for 20/40 dynamic you have to know something. 20/40 checks for collision with other networks, so 20/40 dynamic will not work if a network collision has been found. this is part of the wifi specification. normally there is no forced ht40 operation specified, but i implemented it as ht40 only (which still allows ht20 networks to conntect, but does override the network collision check)
so 20/40 will not work, if collision has been found within the selected channel band. so switch the channel or use ht40 only

Yummee:
Linux DD-WRT 4.14.8 #42 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 21 18:11:16 CET 2017 armv7l DD-WRT
root@DD-WRT:/sys# nvram get DD_BOARD
Netgear R7800
flashdrive
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah, good to know. So I assume it was behaving correctly when selecting 20/40. Can I request a new feature to warn the user when a collision is detected? This way they're not scratching their head when the AP isn't up.

So USB is my only other issue, and that seems to be an issue with my router hardware rather than software since it is working on other people's - and yes, enabling USB was the first thing I did. Wink

Thanks Very Happy
cyberd
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks BrainSlayer!
It works fine.
DasShrubber2
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 23:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Agree with others. Appears to be working well!

Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 32
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: