Ath9k

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:

and how am i supposed to provide a link to phonecall i had with buffalo support?? why dont you ring them up and ask the same question insted of trolling the forum.

This would be documented in somewhere else other than a phone call, and the fact that you call me ,establishing a known fact, trolling, is highly laffable, as i said in the other post, and EVERY user that read it agreed, YOU HAVE NO VALIDITY TO YOUR STATEMENTS HERE. and in the famous words of everyone else in that post.... GET OUT!

If infact i am wrong i have no problem admitting it, but far as i know, and i keep up with it pretty regular, NO STOCK FIRMWARE uses Ath9K, Ath9k is mainly used for cards on linux, not put in stock firmware by manufacturers.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=77644&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Sponsor
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
so your saying i was lied to by tech support? i doubt that, you can take your trolling elsewhere and let others get back to topic now.

anyone taken a look at this svn change log:
http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset/15072

seems interesting
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
so your saying i was lied to by tech support? i doubt that, you can take your trolling elsewhere and let others get back to topic now.

seems interesting

Umm no im saying you are lying. Also the fact that the devs are JUST NOW adding Ath9k references into the dd-wrt source tree only re-enforces your bullshit.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 13:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
slybunda wrote:

seems interesting

Umm no im saying you are lying. Also the fact that the devs are JUST NOW adding Ath9k references into the dd-wrt source tree only re-enforces your bullshit.

maybe you should be back under your bridge where all trolls belong, the only "bullshit" here is you and your trolling. perhaps its not your fault and it just runs in your family.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:

maybe you should be back under your bridge where all trolls belong, the only "bullshit" here is you and your trolling. perhaps its not your fault and it just runs in your family.

lol, thank you once again, you provided me with a massive LoL for the day! cheers!

slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 13:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
back on topic, thish changeset here:

it looks like some of the code from openwrt. could this be the ath9k driver being brought into play with dd-wrt?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
so your saying i was lied to by tech support? i doubt that

Do you really believe that a tech support guy knows anything of what the firmware contains?
I don't.

If the ath9k was already included then what should we tell those users who has wifi problems and blames it on the mad-wifi driver? Very Happy
All those who claim that ath9k will solve every wifi problem, you make them look a bit stupid now..

slybunda wrote:

seems interesting

Yes, it is likely that ath9k will be included in future dd-wrt builds. It is also likely that manufacturers will start to use that driver for their coming routers now when ath9k finally has become a bit more stable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Do you really believe that a tech support guy knows anything of what the firmware contains?
I don't.

its tech support man, they are supposed to know it all, thats thier job. if you got issues or questions you ring up tech support and they answer them for you. well thats how its supposed to be.
sco77
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
LOM wrote:
I don't.

its tech support man, they are supposed to know it all, thats thier job. if you got issues or questions you ring up tech support and they answer them for you. well thats how its supposed to be.

Hope that was sarcasm. Their job is to help the average bone headed person with questions like "MY internet doesn't work". Of course there are higher levels/tiers of techs but even they are unlikely to know anything about the source of the firmware.
vagabond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:

Right.. thats why my DIR-825/WNDR3700 are running flawlessly and better than stock firmware. But then again, if you use some neutered router that has like 16MB RAM and <4MB flash... yeah. Maybe you should get a real router first and get off your 7 year old WRT54G or random old Ubicom Rolling Eyes

I guess Buffalo stopped making real routers and are making imitation routers with all the threads about how unstable DD-WRT is on their N routers.

My WRT54G doesn't have to be restarted every 6 hours while running DD-WRT. The same can't be said for my WHR-HP-G300N with the latest public build.
devicemanager
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
slybunda wrote:
LOM wrote:
I don't.

Correct when you state that it's supposed to be that way. However the fact of the matter is that most tech support phone jockeys know less than you. Unless I can see their "advice" plastered on various blogs, forums, etc. then it's safe to assume that they are blowing smoke.
pbuck
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 0:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Considering Buffalo has to license Atheros chipsets/software to use in their routers it makes sense that Atheros would provide them with the latest software for their chips. Considering Atheros themselves released ath9k, is it so hard to think that maybe Buffalo's stock firmware really is using ath9k or something very similar to it but tailored to their device?

Anyway, glad to see DD-WRT taking steps towards getting with the times and putting valuable development time towards the future, not fixing bugs of the dusty old past.
sco77
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like there is ath9k development today on the timeline, any idea exactly what this means? http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline
Ronnie_USA
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 22:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I first saw it in this post here >> http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/changeset/15072

Looks like we are gonna get the newer drivers.

With frater's simple ad-blocking script
slybunda
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
this is getting interesting now. i may even give the next build a try to see if i can help with beta testing etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: