Missing feature "Connection Time"

spindoctor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 16:19    Post subject: Missing feature "Connection Time" Reply with quote
Hello,

first of all i want to thank you for this fantastic piece of software. DD-WRT really upgraded my WRT54GL.

The only thing iam really missing is the ability to see for how long the router is connected to the internet (connection time) since the last obvious 24h dsl-disconnect. This is important because if you want to join or host an online-game, u could be sure that you won't be disconnected in the upcoming 1-2 hours. Without the connection time you have no chance to find out when the next disconnect is going to happen. Sad It would be great if the "connection time" could be displayed in the status screen.

A small bug that occured (DD-WRT v23 SP1 Final (05/16/06) mini), is that i had no success with static leases without disabling DNSMasq.

The handling with mac adresses could be more convenient while configuring the static leases. It would be nice if all connected comps (mac adresses + hostnames) would be displayed in an dropdown menu and you could simply pick or clone one entry to configure the ip. And why are beeing fields (rows) cleared and not saved when i press the "Add" button? I want to add and not to clear settings... That's really annoying!

I would fix this things by myself but iam not a coder! :-(

Greets,

Spindoctor
Sponsor
CaScAdE
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 18:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Regarding to the PPPoE Connection Time: Tried http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=21707#21707 ?
Should be somehow self explaining although it is in german.
(actually I don't think you are a native english-speaker regarding to you writings... Forgive me wherever I am wrong *g*)

And there are feature request in the bug tracker for this (including my code and some examples for C code), but it will not get in v23 since the feature-add-time is over... hopefully v24 will get it...

Webcam Kiel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Generic Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: