Asus RT-N13U B1 support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
oinquer
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello,
in wiki you see that RT-N13U B has a serial port...however i cant find any steps where to solder the pins... anyone knows where to solder so i can have a rs232 port? thanks.
Sponsor
mehulved
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 17:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also, I am unable to connect my Samsung Galaxy S phone with this router using wireless N, it connects only over wireless G.
martyres
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
mehulved wrote:
Also, I am unable to connect my Samsung Galaxy S phone with this router using wireless N, it connects only over wireless G.

Did you followed the wikis about n settings? I'm by e72 and couldn't paste link here(to problematic), try set n only, channel 6, 40mhz,upper.

Cya
mehulved
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
martyres wrote:
mehulved wrote:

Did you followed the wikis about n settings? I'm by e72 and couldn't paste link here(to problematic), try set n only, channel 6, 40mhz,upper.

Cya

So, I tried using the following but none of them worked
1. N only, Channel 1, lower
2. N only, Channel 6, lower
3. N only, Channel 6, upper
4. N only, Channel 11, upper

But, then I checked Security settings, I had WPA2 with TKIP. Changed it to AES and I am able to connect now.
Thanks.
martyres
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Good to know mehulved, are you using N speed well? Could you share to us your settings(short tutorial)? Thats way to follow.

Cya
mehulved
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
martyres wrote:
Good to know mehulved, are you using N speed well? Could you share to us your settings(short tutorial)? Thats way to follow.

Cya

The problem was that I was using TKIP. And as per the wiki page
"You MUST use WPA2 authentication with AES encryption only, or use no security at all if you wish to achieve N rates. Anything else is against the N spec and typically results in the client falling back to G rates."
So, setting it to N only meant I have no fallback on G. And if I set it to mixed mode, it was falling back on G. Once I changed encryption from TKIP to AES, I could connect using wireless N.
martyres
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ohh crap! So, we need to have only N or G wireless devices never NG mixed mode! Btw, did you tested with mixed mode? This could work NG? I only have one N device (xbox 360) so I can't do much tests!

cya
mehulved
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
martyres wrote:
Ohh crap! So, we need to have only N or G wireless devices never NG mixed mode! Btw, did you tested with mixed mode? This could work NG? I only have one N device (xbox 360) so I can't do much tests!

cya

No. We can have mixed mode. Because, I had encryption set as TKIP, I wasn't able to authenticate using wireless N. So, if I set to N only, I couldn't connect. If I set to NG Mixed or Mixed mode it would fall back on G because it didn't succeed at connecting to N.
But, after correctly setting encrytion to AES, I am able to connect using wireless N even if I set the modes to Mixed or NG Mixed.

As long as you use proper settings for N you'll have no problem connecting wireless N devices in Mixed mode.
martyres
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:04    Post subject: External Antenna in RT-N13U, increased up to 100% Reply with quote
Today I tried to add an external antenna on this great device and the best thing, it's work great!! I took off the antenna of my old netbook, and connect in this onboard, the onboard connectors are female so I had to mod it. This is the picture.

Cya
ghost_1987
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:13    Post subject: PPTP passthrough Reply with quote
I've recently bought ASUS RT-NU/B1, and was disappointed by the quality of stock firmware.
I've decided to flash dd-wrt from router database v17027.
All went well and ddwrt is much superior to stock firmware.
But I had some troubles with pptp connection on wan.

Every time router gets disconnected from pptp session and reconnects again, I have to manually set PPTP passthrough to enable (even if web gui says it enable) for every client on lan to be able to use internet on those clients.
When I try to reboot router, PPTP passthrough (and other passthrough: IPSEC,L2TP) gets disabled.
This is a confirmed bug; I saw this in another thread in Russian subforums.

I’ve also tried setting up DMZ for one lan client but for some reason after router reboot pptp on would not even connect to server.

Will there be any fix for this?
Are there any other hacks I may try?
vergas
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,

I'm really new here. Just manage to flash my RT-N13 B1 using the wiki guide. Looks great. I'm trying to mount USB drive following http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Automounting_ext3.2FFAT.2FFAT32.2FNTFS

It said "check mounts through putty by DF -h..", how do I do that?

Thanks.
martyres
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 16:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
vergas wrote:
Hi guys,

I'm really new here. Just manage to flash my RT-N13 B1 using the wiki guide. Looks great. I'm trying to mount USB drive following http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Asus_RT-N13U#Automounting_ext3.2FFAT.2FFAT32.2FNTFS

It said "check mounts through putty by DF -h..", how do I do that?

Thanks.

Search putty on google, download and run, once connected type df -h.
docjay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 21:10    Post subject: RT-N13UB1 & WDS Reply with quote
Hey all -- I tried to setup a couple of these with Brainslayer's new FW and I can't get WDS to work. I don't even see 'WDS Nodes' in Status -> wireless.

Has anyone tried WDS yet on the B1 models yet?
delphin460
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
any news on a full working version that works with client bridge and repeater bridge as well ?

thanks pete
WindWalker
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
delphin460 wrote:
any news on a full working version that works with client bridge and repeater bridge as well ?

I'm using mine as Repeater Bridge (build 16994), Wifi NG-Mixed together with my ISP Router/Modem.

I'm still testing it (before putting it on the entry hall so Wifi coverage is better at living room), but near the ISP router I can always get 60+ Mbps down (65.3 Mbps Downrate, test at speedtest.net).

I got some sort of lock up maybe almost a week ago, I reseted the RT-N13U B1, reconfigured it and it has been working rock solid since that (I turn it off about 8 hours a day - during night).
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 23
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: