Can not connect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dobby156
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 14:04    Post subject: Can not connect Reply with quote
Hi

I have a ADSL modem running bridge mode. When I plug my computer directly into it's Ethernet port my PC's IP is set to that of the WAN connection.

When i plug it into my wrt320n running dd-wrt mini build, and set WAN mode to auto DHCP it doesn't detect the connection, and its WAN IP 0.0.0.0

my ISP requires no additional login or authorisation settings as it uses RFC1483.

I have tried releasing and renewing my WAN ip on the wrt but still no joy.

Thank you for any assistance.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your modem probably bound itself to your PC's MAC address. You need to either clone the PC's MAC or unplug your modem for a few minutes to reset it.
dobby156
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks; I managed to get it working, it seemed to pick it up after I restarted the modem and left the setup for 30min or so occasionally spamming renew IP.

While I am here, can some sum up the main difference between the mini and full build.

I am currently finding the Wifi N a tad slower than I expected. (both 2.4 and 5ghz in low interfere bands). Could this be my Wifi card (Intel AGN 5100). I am running bandwidth a 40Mhz.

Finally, I love how I can see the bandwidth being used up in LAN WAN and WLAN, but is there a way of seeing what a single connection is using?

Thank you.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 18:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
The difference between builds is features. Get the build that has the features you want.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#V24_pre_sp2_K26

Be more specific about your wireless such as your actual throughput and anything in the link below you didn't already answer.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless-N_Configuration#Testing

dobby156
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I read through this and report back once I have tested updated drivers then retested.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=67836

thanks for your help, for now I see no reason to upgrade.

BTW: is there a way to monitor an individual connection?

many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: