WRT610N V1 orange after flash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hivesnl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:37    Post subject: WRT610N V1 orange after flash Reply with quote
WRT610N V1 orange after flash

Hello there,

I have been reading a lot of information about flashing this type of router. I have the V1.

I started with the mini_generic which was adviced because of the STOCK FW i had. Afterwards i upgraded to the mega_generic.

I have been waiting more than the normal amount of time to be sure that i wouldn't mess up this flash.

After the flash the device became very unstable and after a couple of reboots i finally could reach the web interface.

After i configured the basic setup with the static IP and wanted to reboot the WRT610N V1 became with the status LED : ORANGE

i don't know what i means, but it's bad i guess i did everything to restart it. It works mostly but after a couple of settings the device becomes unstable.

I have used the latest version from the website.

Please give me advice because i really want to upgrade this device.
Thanks
Sponsor
hivesnl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 22:08    Post subject: Stock fw Reply with quote
After i was still n ot able to save any settings on the device after a hard reset i decided to restore the stock fw.

Still i want to upgrade the firmware.

Please help me out, why is the orange status led burning after i applied the first basic settings on the wrt610n.

Did i do something wrong during the flash?
I have this problem with the mini , standard and mega.
dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin 2010-04-23 7,08 MB
dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin 2010-04-23 2,88 MB
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 23:11    Post subject: Re: Stock fw Reply with quote
hivesnl wrote:
After i was still n ot able to save any settings on the device after a hard reset i decided to restore the stock fw.

Still i want to upgrade the firmware.

Please help me out, why is the orange status led burning after i applied the first basic settings on the wrt610n.

Did i do something wrong during the flash?
I have this problem with the mini , standard and mega.
dd-wrt.v24_mega_generic.bin 2010-04-23 7,08 MB
dd-wrt.v24_mini_generic.bin 2010-04-23 2,88 MB

In regards to changing the ses light from orange to blue, this will solve your issue. The ses light lights up when a wan connection is obtained:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=64330

In regards to not being able to save config settings.. Clear your browsers cache & cookies and / or use a different browser. I use IE.

Don't forget to reset your router to default, factory settings before & after flashing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 0:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also if the orange LED bothers you you can change it to blue.
Telnet in and run the following commands:

nvram set connblue=1
nvram commit && reboot

After the unit reboots it will glow a nice Linksys blue, obviously purely cosmetic since it doesn't change the function but to each is own.
zerofire
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Each time you issue a upgrade you need to wait. Switching from a mini to mega requires a rebuild of the routers internals again as the new firmware is larger than what was in the mini. Only when upgrading builds within the same type does a router quickly rebuild itself(15sec). Also Orange LED's usually mean 100mbps or 1000mbps connection depending one the router.
Linksys EG008Wv3 x1
Linksys WRT54Gv3.1 x1 Linksys OEM
Linksys WRT54Gv5 x1 Linksys OEM
Linksys WRT54Gv6 x2 Linksys OEM
Linksys WRT54Gv8 x2 Linksys OEM
Linksys WTR54GSv1 x1 Linksys OEM
Linksys WRT160Nv1 x1 Linksys OEM
NetGear WNR834Bv2 x1 DD-WRT 25251
NetGear WG302v2 x1 Netgear OEM
Belkin F5D7230-4v1000 x1 Belkin OEM
Buffalo WHR-G300N x1 DD-WRT sp2
Buffalo WHR-G300N x1 Buffalo OEM
Airlink 101 AR430Wv1 x1 Airlink OEM
Cisco Catalyst 3548 Enterprise x1 Cisco IOS-Not In Use
D-Link DI-604vE x1 D-Link OEM-Not In Use
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 14:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
zerofire wrote:
Each time you issue a upgrade you need to wait. Switching from a mini to mega requires a rebuild of the routers internals again as the new firmware is larger than what was in the mini.

zerofire wrote:
Only when upgrading builds within the same type does a router quickly rebuild itself(15sec).

Bullshit.. takes this router longer than 15 seconds just to boot. Stock or dd-wrt without recovering from a firmware flash. Bad advice

zerofire wrote:
Also Orange LED's usually mean 100mbps or 1000mbps connection depending one the router.

The OP is talking about the ses light. On this router, stock firmware, it is always blue and blinks when you push the ses button (secure & easy setup).

dd-wrt, the ses light (cisco light) lights up when you have a wan connection. In this router, it lights up orange. To change it to blue, I linked to the thread where eko explained how to change it to blue still being functional and kayfam posted the commands (lights up when you have a wan connection, but blue, not orange)

Navigation

Jump to: