Asus WL-520GU - unable to set WPA2 Personal AES

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
ckl
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:37    Post subject: Asus WL-520GU - unable to set WPA2 Personal AES Reply with quote
I'm currently running DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/23/10) mini
and I cannot set the security to WPA2 Personal with AES. It always reverts back to TKIP when I click apply settings. I think I read somewhere that this is a problem with Firefox so I tried Internet Explorer and it still does this. As far as I know, the Asus WL-520GU supports AES.

Does anyone have any clue as to why it keeps going back to TKIP?

Thanks.
Sponsor
Motorslave
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
With DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/02/09) mini-usb (SVN revision 11805) and DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/28/09) mini-usb-ftp (SVN revision 13525) on my Asus WL-520GU, I set the "WPA Algorithims" to AES, click Save, and then click "Apply Settings". The AES then stays instead of reverting to TKIP (which occurs when I click "Apply Settings" and then click Save).

If "Wireless SSID Broadcast" is disabled, you may need to enable it to allow certain devices to connect to it for the first time (WD TV Live, Blackberries, and iPhones). After they've connected, then you can disable the "Wireless SSID Broadcast".

There may also be a delay (up to 30 seconds) for the change to take effect after clicking "Apply Settings".

Last edited by Motorslave on Sat Jul 17, 2010 14:33; edited 1 time in total
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
And to have made sure you did a hard reset before and after the flash

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: