Dropped connections to primary router w/ repeater bridge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
w00tage19
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 13:34    Post subject: Dropped connections to primary router w/ repeater bridge Reply with quote
Hi all,

I recently installed dd-wrt (build 13491M VINT Eko) on an old Linksys WRT54G v1.0 successfully and configured it as a repeater bridge according to the tutorial in the wiki. Everything seems to be working ok, but my machines will intermittently lose connection to the primary router (and thus the internet). The connection is never lost to the repeater bridge. In the dd-wrt gui, it shows 30-40% signal strength for all my devices, even when my pc's cannot ping the primary router. I do not use torrents or anything like that, the connections will just drop out of the blue for no real reason. Usually it will reconnect within a few minutes. Is there something else I need to configure that isn't covered in the wiki tutorial I used? Interestingly enough, it happens more to my desktop (running windows 7 pro) than my netbook (running windows xp pro). Also, the primary router is some proprietary router from SBC, so it has a really wacky IP configuration:

IP Address: 172.16.0.1
Subnet: 255.255.0.0

But it assigns IP addresses in the 172.16.1.3X range, so I have my repeater bridge set up with an IP address of 172.16.1.33... could that have something to do with it? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: