QOS Setting Up - Gaming > P2P Media Streaming (Funshion)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
icu222much
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 16:19    Post subject: QOS Setting Up - Gaming > P2P Media Streaming (Funshion) Reply with quote
I have several computers in my house. One of them is a HTPC dedicated to P2P Media Streaming (Funshion) while the rest are for gaming. I find that when my HTPC is P2P Streaming the lag in my games are unbearable. I've even gone into Funshion (the P2P Media Streaming software) and set a hard limit on my downloads and uploads to a fraction of my bandwidth speeds (250KBs and 15KBs respectively) but that did not help at all. I've decided to try setting up QOS but I think I am doing it incorrectly.

With my current set-up, my gaming computers that are physically attached to my router all get priority. When the HTPC tries to stream, it gets almost none of the bandwidth making it impossible to use. I would like to fix it so that the HTPC is able to use some of the bandwidth to maintain a low to medium quality of stream, while ensuring I receive minimal lag on my games.

Current settings:
Downlink speed I've set: 18639 kpbs
Uplink speed I've set: 441 kpbs

Speeds according to Speedtest.net:
Ping: 9ms
Download Speed: 20.71 Mbps
Upload Speed: 0.49 Mbps

I've been reading a guide that says to modify the downlink/uplink speeds by about 2% incrementally to improve QOS. I don't quite understand what exactly downlink/uplink does, and which direction (up or down) should I be modifying these values.

In addition, do I need to be touching the Service/Network/MAC priorities in the tables below? I found a few of my games in the Services Priority dropdown table, but could not find Funshion in that table.

Linksys WRT54GL
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (07/22/09) mini - build 12548M NEWD Eko

[img]http://imgur.com/8q4oEhI[/img]
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: