Help Hardware Mod for WRT54G v2.2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
jznomoney
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 13:09    Post subject: Help Hardware Mod for WRT54G v2.2 Reply with quote
I have a heatsink/fan combo from an old pc that will fit inside. What is the best way to power the fan? Also what is the highest this router can be overclocked with a heatsink/fan combo?
Sponsor
redhawk0
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 19:35    Post subject: Re: Help Hardware Mod for WRT54G v2.2 Reply with quote
jznomoney wrote:
I have a heatsink/fan combo from an old pc that will fit inside. What is the best way to power the fan? Also what is the highest this router can be overclocked with a heatsink/fan combo?

If it is a 12V fan...connect it to the 12V barrel connector on the motherboard of the router.

If it is a 5V fan...then you will need to reduce the 12V to 5V....not sure if there is a 5V regulator on the mobo or not...you'd have to meter things out in the power circuit to find 5V.

As for OCing....I wouldn't take it above the 216MHz recommended clock rate....but that is always your choice to try...YMMV and brickage is likely.

redhawk

Navigation

Jump to: