WiFi stops working when IPTV multicast is being watched

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page 1, 2  Next
totaluser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:16    Post subject: WiFi stops working when IPTV multicast is being watched Reply with quote
Hello everybody
I have Netgear WNR3500L running
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/28/09) big - build 13527

I unchecked Filter multicast and I can watch IPTV in VLC player (~9Mbps traffic)

the problem is that while I am waching IPTV (connected via LAN cable) I cannot connect via WiFi
both windows7 and ubuntu fail to connect, dd-wrt says failed authentication

when I stop watching and reboot router, I can connect without any problem
I saw wiki about dividing network into different VLANs with IPTV but my situation is different

I dont have any set-top-box connected to specific switchport
anybody connected via LAN can watch with VLC

wifi is secured with WPA2-Personal CCMP-AES encryption and is in bridged mode

will setting in in unbridged mode help?
if so where will I configure to add route to the client to reach LAN network

or something else could solve my problem?
Thank you very much in advance for your input
Sponsor
totaluser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried to follow this guide http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Separate_LAN_and_WLAN

step by step (my WLAN interface is eth1)

I put these commands into my firewall script
iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
iptables -I INPUT -i br1 -p udp --dport 67 -j ACCEPT

saved and rebooted but my client fails to connect

just to mention that I have in my wireless settings set it to unbridged but still no go

I am very sad, any help would be greatly appreciated
Martin
r4nd0m
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 14:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
the problem is that multicast packats will be forwarded to you WLAN an so flood it and in the end makes the WLAN unusable.

when I used IPTV I had to seperate the bidgdes so I created VLANs for the devices attached via cable to the router and the wireless clients. In the case of VLANs the multicast packets only reach the desired VLANs and dont flood the rest.

So you need to create VLANs instead so seperating the bridges as multicasts will still leave out to either bridge.

greets
r4n
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
totaluser wrote:
just to mention that I have in my wireless settings set it to unbridged but still no go

Leave it set to bridged and just assign it to br1 like the guide says. Setting wireless interfaces to unbridged can cause problems which is why assigning it to a new bridge is needed.

totaluser
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
thank you very much.
I did so because of this sentence in that guide "Step 1: Remove the Wireless Interface from the LAN bridge"

not I get ip from second DHCP and Internet connection works fine while watching IPTV on main PC

strange thing is that same amount of data is going out in LAN and WLAN in Bandwith tab (before this it was ~3mbps LAN and exactly 750kbps WLAN, now ~3mbps both on LAN and WLAN) (but IPTV does not work over wifi now, but that is not necessary, actually that is good)

I can ping both gateways from both PCs (192.168.1.1, 192.168.2.1) bot not the other host (that has to do something with my iptables)

Thank you very very much

//edit:
with no client connected via WIFI no data flows throught wifi
absolutely fantastic
Thank you once again
wazer2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 17:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
FINALLY YES, i use energimidt fiber from denmark and, and i use iptv on different computers finally i can use the wireless YES !. Thank you sir.
wazer2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got another question. I wanna extend the range of my wireless for that i have bought a wrt160n v3 router. Updated to the newest version 12-24-2010. I wanna do the same thing here. I have done correctly the same thing as with the primary router, however it would not allow me to hook up with with wireless acces, just saying connecting and hanging, i have disabled dhcp server.

So my setup is like this

-Fiber modem - from my tele company.
--Main router Netgear wndr3700 / 1gb full
---Switch / 1gb full
----switch again / 1gb full
-----wireless extender - DHCP - disabled - wrt160n v3. / 100mb full

They are ofc all connected 5 modem/router/switches via cabel.
wazer2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 21:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Trying this solution instead without doing the dhcp multiple part.

Code:
  1. Go to the Services tab and find the Additional DNSMasq Options text area.
   2. Adjust the following options to fit your environment (omit the comments starting with '#'):

# Enables DHCP on br1
interface=br1
# Set the default gateway for br1 clients
dhcp-option=br1,3,192.168.2.1
# Set the DHCP range and default lease time of 24 hours for br1 clients
dhcp-range=br1,192.168.2.100,192.168.2.150,255.255.255.0,24h

Now i am able to hook up to the wireless but no internet via the extender, it still work with the main router.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
wazer2 wrote:
Now i am able to hook up to the wireless but no internet via the extender, it still work with the main router.

The additional routers must use the iptables commands for WAP's to enable NAT over the main LAN.

wazer2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
wazer2 wrote:

The additional routers must use the iptables commands for WAP's to enable NAT over the main LAN.

I have no idea wich commands from the iptable i should use. I have tryed alot. playeda round with it for 6 hours yesterday and many many hours today. Can you help me out?.

Remeber i had to seperate the wireless on the extender else it got flooded aswell. and i have used the same ip for the extender 192.168.2.1.
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Allow br1 access to br0, the WAN, and any other subnets (required if SPI firewall is on)

iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN -j TCPMSS --clamp-mss-to-pmtu

Restrict br1 from accessing br0's subnet but pass traffic through br0 to the internet (for WAP's - WAN port disabled)

iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP

Enable NAT for traffic being routed out br0 so that br1 has connectivity (for WAP's - WAN port disabled)

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`

wazer2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 17:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
Allow br1 access to br0, the WAN, and any other subnets (required if SPI firewall is on)

Restrict br1 from accessing br0's subnet but pass traffic through br0 to the internet (for WAP's - WAN port disabled)

iptables -I FORWARD -i br1 -d `nvram get lan_ipaddr`/`nvram get lan_netmask` -m state --state NEW -j DROP

Enable NAT for traffic being routed out br0 so that br1 has connectivity (for WAP's - WAN port disabled)

iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -o br0 -j SNAT --to `nvram get lan_ipaddr`

Thank you but i have already tryed these things. I can get on the wireless but no internet still.
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ran into a problem where my Client-Bridge 610v1 Router would not allow Internet Access on wl0 but br1 would have Internet access. What fixed it was changing Sensitivity Range (ACK Timing) from 0 to 200, for some reason 0 (zero) value caused wireless issues with br1.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r44483 Std
WRT610Nv1 - Client Bridge - DDWRT r33679 Mega K2.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r44483 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
wazer2 wrote:
Thank you but i have already tryed these things. I can get on the wireless but no internet still.

Did you follow the WAP guide? You must have the wrt160n's LAN IP set to an unused IP that is in the same subnet as the wndr3700's LAN IP and the wrt160n's gateway must be set to the wndr3700's IP.

wazer2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
phuzi0n wrote:
wazer2 wrote:

Did you follow the WAP guide? You must have the wrt160n's LAN IP set to an unused IP that is in the same subnet as the wndr3700's LAN IP and the wrt160n's gateway must be set to the wndr3700's IP.

Okay i got followed the guide 100% now. And im still not getting any internet on the wireless 2nd router the wrt160n.

Wich commands should be running on the main router(wndr3700) and wich for the 2nd router(wrt160n).

Im getting this ip when connected 10.45.16.114.
Goto page 1, 2  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: