TP-Link WR741ND Firmware.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Burned
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
If you use firmware directly download from TP-Link your router will be bricked. So LOM provided webrevert firmware. All you need to do is to use Firmware upgrade.
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/download.php?id=15923
Sponsor
no1chan
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Burned wrote:
If you use firmware directly download from TP-Link your router will be bricked. So LOM provided webrevert firmware. All you need to do is to use Firmware upgrade.

I successfully restore the factory firmware. Thanks very much. Very Happy
vr2ng
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
no1chan wrote:
Hello everyone. Can anybody tell me the way to restore the factory firmware from using v24 sp2 r14929? I dont kow if it is the problem of the firmware. I always need to restart the router after sometimes otherwise the network seems to be jamed. I always get disconnected from the Internet.
Can I simply using upgrade function and select the firmware from tplink?

What do you think about the cause of network failure? I am also using DD-WRT on 741 but encounter no problem *yet*.

Is your traffic very busy? How many encripted VPN connection there?
XnetPunk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Burned wrote:
Set Channel Width to Turbo.

Thanks. That seems to have worked I can see on router status page its working at N.

Though weirdly my Dell wont connect to it at on the N band and only through G. Will have to investigate further.
hvandrie
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
If your Dell has a Intel 5x00/6x00 wireless card, first update your drivers to version 13.2.x.x. There is a known issue with older drivers in conjunction with routers that have N radio's. Experience is failure in connecting to those routers, as well as the router itself 'stops responding' to all your connected devices.
You can download latest drivers directly from Intel, better to use those instead the ones from Dell's support site as Dell's support site generally is behind.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
vr2ng wrote:
no1chan wrote:
Hello everyone. Can anybody tell me the way to restore the factory firmware from using v24 sp2 r14929? I dont kow if it is the problem of the firmware. I always need to restart the router after sometimes otherwise the network seems to be jamed. I always get disconnected from the Internet.
Can I simply using upgrade function and select the firmware from tplink?

What do you think about the cause of network failure? I am also using DD-WRT on 741 but encounter no problem *yet*.

Is your traffic very busy? How many encripted VPN connection there?

I didn't set any VPNs and other demanding services. I think the reason is I'm using 100Mb broadband which the router cannot withstand such a high speed in addition the performance of DDWRT is not really not.
XnetPunk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 14:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
hvandrie wrote:
If your Dell has a Intel 5x00/6x00 wireless card, first update your drivers to version 13.2.x.x. There is a known issue with older drivers in conjunction with routers that have N radio's. Experience is failure in connecting to those routers, as well as the router itself 'stops responding' to all your connected devices.
You can download latest drivers directly from Intel, better to use those instead the ones from Dell's support site as Dell's support site generally is behind.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the drivers werent the problem and in fact my Dell isn't the only one that fails to detect the N signal from the router. Ive also checked the drivers and they are the latest direct from Intel.

Anyone else got suggestions?

I can see if I set it to Turbo that on the router status page the TX rate is roughly in the high 120s mbps but none of the laptops want to connect at N but at G with max. 54Mbps.

If I set it to Dynamic instead of Turbo, I get max 54Mbps TX on router status page.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
XnetPunk wrote:

Thanks for that. Unfortunately the drivers werent the problem and in fact my Dell isn't the only one that fails to detect the N signal from the router. Ive also checked the drivers and they are the latest direct from Intel.

Anyone else got suggestions?

What encryption are you using?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 21:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

WPA-PSK (TKIP I think).

Thanks
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
XnetPunk wrote:
LOM wrote:

WPA-PSK (TKIP I think).

Thanks

And what encryption is mandatory in order to get a N connection? Your homework to do.. Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

And what encryption is mandatory in order to get a N connection? Your homework to do.. Very Happy

Oops. Didnt see the obvious. Thanks alot mate appreciated!
cbaldan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a cheap WR740N, by my extensive online research should have the same exact hardware as WR741N, with the only difference being the deatachable antenna on the 741 model.

I will open my WR740N to make sure it has the same chipset and flash it. Does any Guru can tell me if I´m about to do something stupid or if I may indeed succeed?
hkfun2k7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
guys,thnx for all the info.

1)flashed straight from tp-link default firmware,to this works fine!success

2)quick question,it normal after the flash,that the QSS led is on constantly?Also the Wlan led is off?

3:)if i maybe want to revert back to original firmware(which i dont think i will!)what is procedure?
hkfun2k7
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Also just another quick question,the only modes that seem to function for me as they should is AP and Wds station.

I would like to use ap-client mode,and it does seem to connect to main AP,fine,but allows no traffic to flow through the etehrnet ports,like other products in ap-client mode.

Im currently using Wds station mode to connect ap to another ap(this ap is not in wds mode!),and then plugin all my other ethernet devices into back,to fucntion as sort of ethernet to wireless bridge.so this fucntions sort of what i expected ap-client mode to be.quick question.running in this mode?does it half my througput?I would think not,cause it connects to to normal ap(not running in wds mode)

any explenation is apreciated
rodyanin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Burned wrote:

wow! that's really cool. thanks a lot!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 14
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: