Problem in WRT320N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
mahinval
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:08    Post subject: Problem in WRT320N Reply with quote
Hello, I am currently using DD-WRT Firmware on Linksys 320N, I am facing some problems in this firmware.

first of all let me tell you the scenario. I usually have to deal with the multinatting i.e (Running private and public IP's at the same time in LAN). Also i am hosting the webserver in my LAN against the Public IP.

Problem is that i have defined the IP alias by the following command

ifconfig br0:1 115.186.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.252
ifconfig br0:2 115.186.yyy.yyy netmask 255.255.255.252

saved startup

now 1st problem is that i cannot see my Public IP's 115.186.xxx.xxx and 115.186.yyy.yyy on whatismyip.com whenever i am in the GATEWAY mode of the router. In this mode although my website is working fine and browsing is fine on the public as well as private IP's.

whenever i switch the Mode to ROUTER i can see my Public IP's and browse on them as well but cannot browse on the Private LAN IP's.

in the ROUTER mode i also tried this command in FIREWALL but it did not help me as well.

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

But this command did not help me as well.

2nd problem is that if i disable SPI firewall everything works fine, but whenever i Enable SPI firewall, my webpage is inaccessible also i m not able to access the router via web gui remotely.

Please help me, i m novice and have a very little experience of linux based TS.
Sponsor
phuzi0n
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
What you want really ought to be done with VLAN's. However getting the VLAN's to work will not be as easy as moving them in the UI. There's been lots of trouble with gigabit switches and VLAN's but a few people have gotten them working by setting the nvram variables for them.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Switched_Ports

If the WAN IP that you're using for the router is in the same subnet as the additional public IP's then you can just move LAN ports into the WAN VLAN and have them directly switched with the modem though I'm unsure how that would work with the PPPoE that you seem to be using...

If the public subnet is different than the router's WAN subnet then you will need to do this: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Public_Sub-Net_Over_Dynamic_WAN

If you can't get VLAN's to work or don't want to try then you may be able to just do this in your firewall script.

#disable NAT for public subnet
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s 115.186.x.x/30 -j ACCEPT
#disable firewall for public subnet
iptables -I FORWARD -d 115.186.x.x/30 -j ACCEPT

mahinval
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
thnkx 4 the help phuzi0n. I ll try and will let you know if it worked or not?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: