Observations of Buffalo WHR-HP-GN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
s_o_c_o
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 21:00    Post subject: Observations of Buffalo WHR-HP-GN Reply with quote
I just wanted to post my findings on running DD-WRT on the Buffalo WHR-HP-GN. It is quite stable running the latest "stable" firmware. There are a few issues as already mentioned such as the counter crashing for the uptime stats and the web interface going completely down. These do not retract from the performance of the router. It is very stable even with these minor hitches. These daemons restart themselves.

However, the signal strength did not seem to be where it should have been at. I played around with the settings but nothing seemed to change it.

After reverting back to stock Buffalo 1.61 firmware, my signal strength is much better. I do not have all of the same abilities as I did with DD-WRT but for the time being I am happier to have a full bar of strength as opposed to two or three bars. I have also noticed my speed is consistently between 48 and 54 mbps rather than dipping as low as 24 mbps with DD-WRT.

Hope this helps someone thinking about putting the current DD-WRT firmware on their router.
Sponsor
cdkiller
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any updates on these issues with the later builds of dd-wrt? Thanks.

Navigation

Jump to: