What are the power solder points for a WRT54G V8 Fan Mod?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
ColdRush
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 18:35    Post subject: What are the power solder points for a WRT54G V8 Fan Mod? Reply with quote
I've been searching around and I've seen alot of fan mods for different versions of this router, but none of my exact model. I want to get some direction as to what points I should be connecting the two wires two as well as how to add a rocker switch that I have from a previous project.

Pictures of my internals:

Thanks!
Sponsor
ColdRush
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
After looking around for a bit to no avail, I just went ahead and soldered the wires on in the same fashion as the other versions.

I took a 60mm (I think) fan from an old heatsink, which fit perfectly on the top vent of the router, and cut off the white fan speed wire.

Soldered it up with a cheap radioshack iron and added a ramsink with some thermal paste (MX-2) to the Broadcom cpu and it's chugging along nicely.

Here is what I did for reference:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: