WNDR3300 Brick - Will not take tftp flash [SOLVED!!]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
barryware wrote:
I've been doing a lot of research on the safest and best way to revert this router. I need to revert one.

If you search through the piles of threads & mountains of information, It looks to me that the trashing of the board data partition is fairly common. Many posts of serial outputs in which the macs are all ff's.

What about the Netgear Recovery Utility?

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=459998#459998

Seems to me that it is a much safer way to do a revert than the general tftp method.

Thanks.. I saw that thread in my research.. The last post stated that the utility didn't work unless the linux partition was erased 1st or the router needs to be in "fubar" mode Very Happy

I was looking at the stock firmware headers.. Seeing if maybe I could just change the header & flash through the gui..

It seems Redhawk already did it and posted the modded stock firmware and two posts in the thread stated it worked.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=386471#386471

Gotta watch out for the netgears.. I know one that I worked on (can't remember which one now), the oem firmware bin also contains a cfe. That is how netgear updates the cfe if need be.

The days of the cfe, kernel, & nvram partitions are over so you really need to be careful. Not to mention that jtag is no longer available or not supported in a lot of the routers past the linksys G series time frame.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
barryware wrote:

Gotta watch out for the netgears.. I know one that I worked on (can't remember which one now), the oem firmware bin also contains a cfe. That is how netgear updates the cfe if need be.

Not only Netgear, there are other mfgrs that does it as well but Netgear routers may be the only Broadcom based ones.

Netgears are a pita and it is their CFE's making them that. From hardware point of view they are otherwise identical to their cousins Asus and Linksys,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dark_Shadow wrote:
BIG update

Code:
CFE> nvram get board_id
U12H093T00_NETGEAR
*** command status = 0
CFE> setenv BOARD_ID U12H093T00_NETGEAR
*** command status = 0
CFE> ifconfig eth0 -hwaddr=001F33B6D005 -addr=192.168.1.1
Device eth0:  hwaddr 00-1F-33-B6-D0-05, ipaddr 192.168.1.1, mask 255.255.255.0
        gateway not set, nameserver not set
*** command status = 0
CFE> flash -size=0x20000 192.168.1.10:file-cut.bin flash1.trx
Reading 192.168.1.10:file-cut.bin: Done. 3997696 bytes read
Programming...Failed.: Unknown error
*** command status = -4
CFE>

At this point, power cycled and it booted!!!!!!!!!

I have the OEM firmware page up now, both radio LED'sindicte radio's are on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I do next?

THANKS!

I fix my router with this command,

Only different is,-noheader

Code:

flash -noheader -size=0x20000 192.168.1.10:file-cut.bin flash1.trx
foxale08
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 23:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I belive using "flash -noheader -size=0x20000 : flash1.trx" and sending "file_cut.bin" through tftp will work in place of a tftp server.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: