[Solved]! Airlink AR690w BS 14473 switch not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Zcomp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 19:57    Post subject: Thank you!! Reply with quote
Oh, I've had that ar690w for over a year in my closet because I couldn't flash dd it was useless.
Last time I checked it was still wip.
I also had the issue where the recommended download failed to enlighten my lan ports. Some stumbling later I found this page, signed up for membership and am now using that as a repeater(yes!!).
Just a note for those whom read this page later,
I upgraded to the firmware from btechnet's post, then did a hard reset, then created my new user/pass. After that I rebooted(softly, just unplug let set 20sec, plug-in) and everything worked great and at gigabit speeds.
Again, Thank you soooo very much.
Sponsor
m702
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 23:56    Post subject: To any newcomers with ar690w Reply with quote
^ +1..

Sep 19th 2011 - Downloaded the latest firmware from the database and applied to my ar690w. Afterwards the LAN side would not work properly (no LEDs or traffic) as this thread explains.

Using my laptop's wireless connection I was able to see and connect to the new dd-wrt sysid. After finding this thread, I registered and downloaded the new firmware on page 2, which solved the problem.

(You must register for this forum to see the file attachments)

TY dd-wrt team for the updated fw! I will echo the previous requests urging you to update the database with the new firmware. Or at least add an install note with the url to this thread.

edit: After applying this fw, the LAN port LEDs will light up, but the WAN LED will still be dark. Of course, the actual WAN connection works properly regardless.
garg_art2002
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:14    Post subject: Re: Thank you!! Reply with quote
Zcomp wrote:
Oh, I've had that ar690w for over a year in my closet because I couldn't flash dd it was useless.
Last time I checked it was still wip.
I also had the issue where the recommended download failed to enlighten my lan ports. Some stumbling later I found this page, signed up for membership and am now using that as a repeater(yes!!).
Just a note for those whom read this page later,
I upgraded to the firmware from btechnet's post, then did a hard reset, then created my new user/pass. After that I rebooted(softly, just unplug let set 20sec, plug-in) and everything worked great and at gigabit speeds.
Again, Thank you soooo very much.

What exact firmware are you using?
netchi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32    Post subject: this made my day Reply with quote
i also signed up just to get btechnet's file. after going with the bin file from the dd-wrt's main site, my router just stopped working. i could access the GUI but no internet, no LAN ports, nothing. when i would hold down the reset button, the router would switch off the wifi and LAN would work then, but only as a switch with no access to the dd-wrt gui. was tearing my hair out. so i decided to snoop through the forums hoping there was a smidgen of hope. i tried btechnet's file and bam! everything works...

all i can say is THANK YOU!
rknox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 23:19    Post subject: ar690w can't create wlan/vlan Reply with quote
I have been using my ar690w as a wireless access point - no problems for a year or so. Recently I tried to implement a guest network but could not get it to work. I tried going back to basic vlan setup per wrt tutorial. The SSID is visible to my clients but I cannot connect - always get unable to connect/join the network.

When I create my vlan, it provides the following indication:
Virtual Interfaces ra1 SSID [guest] HWAddr [xx:xx .. 7C],
including the unique MAC different than the physical. This suggests to me that a vlan is being created with a unique MAC etc. But I can't connect to it.

As a side note, when I test for BSSID ability, using nvram get wl0_corerev, I don't get a number result (just goes to command prompt), like on other routers so I am unable to determine if it supports BSSID.

Any ideas?

thanks,
rknox
rknox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 15:33    Post subject: Help! Re: ar690w can't create wlan/vlan Reply with quote
Anyone had any experience with vlans on the ar690w? Is there another part of the forum that deals with functionality problems?

Thanks,
rknox

rknox wrote:
I have been using my ar690w as a wireless access point - no problems for a year or so. Recently I tried to implement a guest network but could not get it to work. I tried going back to basic vlan setup per wrt tutorial. The SSID is visible to my clients but I cannot connect - always get unable to connect/join the network.

When I create my vlan, it provides the following indication:
Virtual Interfaces ra1 SSID [guest] HWAddr [xx:xx .. 7C],
including the unique MAC different than the physical. This suggests to me that a vlan is being created with a unique MAC etc. But I can't connect to it.

As a side note, when I test for BSSID ability, using nvram get wl0_corerev, I don't get a number result (just goes to command prompt), like on other routers so I am unable to determine if it supports BSSID.

Any ideas?

thanks,
rknox
tonyrob
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:04    Post subject: AR690w Reply with quote
Just found my AR690W,lots of dust, plan to try it with new fw
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: