Linksys WRT320N and DD-WRT v24-sp2 noob question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Author Message
rictec
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:26    Post subject: Linksys WRT320N and DD-WRT v24-sp2 noob question Reply with quote
Hello people sorry for this noob question

i manage to put that firmware on my router and its running ok
what i want anyone to tell me is if there is any problem with it or if i can put any newer version i can try

thank you

Rictec
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
What version did you flash on there?
_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
rictec
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:33    Post subject: i flashed this Reply with quote
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (04/07/10) mini - build 14205M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko

now i read the first sticky and maybe it was a bad choice

this is toooo much info to get in one go

rictec
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nothing wrong with that build, i use it on my WNDR3300's, but to answer your original question, yes you can flash newer builds and try them, or you can even flash older builds if you find one that suites you. Also IMHO the Peacock FAQ and the Firmware recommendations clash with each other on agreeing which build to use, one says 13525 and one says 12874, which are both great builds, but the WRT320N uses a K2.6 build which is relatively new development, so i always try to update when it comes to those builds. I personally use 14289 K2.6 on both my wrt320n, seems to be awesome build thus far.
_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
rictec
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:49    Post subject: can you Reply with quote
Can you please point me to that build you use i can try it on my system?

and i find this dd-wrt.v24-14438_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n.bin

its to "devel" for me or do you think i can try it out?

and post any problems?

rictec
VincentA
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 09 May 2010
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well I am using this version with the WRT320N with out any issues so far.

dd-wrt.v24-14438_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_ftp.bin

_________________
Linksys WRT320N - 14438M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko
Linksys E3000 - Stock firmware for now


Last edited by VincentA on Wed May 19, 2010 1:08; edited 1 time in total
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:55    Post subject: Re: can you Reply with quote
rictec wrote:
Can you please point me to that build you use i can try it on my system?

and i find this dd-wrt.v24-14438_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n.bin

its to "devel" for me or do you think i can try it out?

and post any problems?

rictec


This is the build i use on mine....

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14289_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

And of course you can post problems here, mainly what the forum is for. also you may need to check out the links in my signature, read those slowly and carefully, they will help guide you through.

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
rictec
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 0:56    Post subject: did you use web or tftp Reply with quote
VincentA wrote:
Well I am using this version with the WRT320N with out any issues so far.

dd-wrt.v24-14438_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_ftp.bin


did you use web to upgrade or tftp? and those 30-30-30 is needed from dd-wrt to upgrade or just very recommended?

thank you
Rictec
rictec
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:01    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
rictec wrote:
Can you please point me to that build you use i can try it on my system?

and i find this dd-wrt.v24-14438_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n.bin

its to "devel" for me or do you think i can try it out?

and post any problems?

rictec


This is the build i use on mine....

ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289/broadcom_K26/dd-wrt.v24-14289_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin

And of course you can post problems here, mainly what the forum is for. also you may need to check out the links in my signature, read those slowly and carefully, they will help guide you through.


thank you and i m reading and reading...lol
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
30-30-30 reset doesn't work with that unit, instead you have to unplug the router, press and hold the WPS button, plug unit back in with button held for 10-12 seconds.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63004&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
rictec
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:15    Post subject: will do that Reply with quote
thanks ...great help
i will then try 14438 and if it gives me trouble post here on the forum and revert to your stable version

rictec
rictec
DD-WRT User


Joined: 19 May 2010
Posts: 51

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 23:59    Post subject: so far so good Reply with quote
No problems untill now with
dd-wrt.v24-14438_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n.bin

working well till now
Rictec
buddee
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Posts: 7401
Location: Little Rock

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:52    Post subject: Re: so far so good Reply with quote
rictec wrote:
No problems untill now with
dd-wrt.v24-14438_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini_wrt320n.bin

working well till now
Rictec


whats up with it?

_________________
Wireless N Config | Linking Routers | DD-WRT Wiki | DD-WRT Builds | Peacock - Broadcom FAQ

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum