{NOW SUPPORTED} - Hardware Request (NETGEAR WNR2000 v2)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Themus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 22:30    Post subject: Mini installed properly, should I move to the std. version Reply with quote
Lot of reading, and a lot of planning and I was able to install successfully dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2 on my Netgear WNR2000 ver. 2.

I appreciate this forum for making this possible. I realize if I desire to upgrade I will need to use a .bin file next.

Is it recommended to move to a std version of the dd-wrt firmware for this model? I've checked the comparison charts and there are differences, but I differ to the experts.

Stay the status quo or upgrade to std?
Sponsor
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 22:34    Post subject: Re: Mini installed properly, should I move to the std. versi Reply with quote
Themus wrote:
Lot of reading, and a lot of planning and I was able to install successfully dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2 on my Netgear WNR2000 ver. 2.

I appreciate this forum for making this possible. I realize if I desire to upgrade I will need to use a .bin file next.

Is it recommended to move to a std version of the dd-wrt firmware for this model? I've checked the comparison charts and there are differences, but I differ to the experts.

Stay the status quo or upgrade to std?

That's a choice that is totally up to you, the std build only has a few more features than mini doesn't have.

Also with this unit keep in mind, you'll have to use the k2.6 std nokaid small build due to netgear flash limitations.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Themus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 23:07    Post subject: Thank you for the quick reply Reply with quote
Good advice. I think I'll digest and work through all the feature set of the mini first. Then if the need arises move to the std version you suggested.

In all the hours of reading I have done on this forum, I see you have been a lot of help to a lot of people. Thank you for assisting me as well.
buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:34    Post subject: WPS light. Reply with quote
Can some one let know if this glows for his/her router? Mine stays off after flashed it with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/31/10) mini - build 14536M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko. Thanks.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 22:32    Post subject: Re: WPS light. Reply with quote
buntya wrote:
Can some one let know if this glows for his/her router? Mine stays off after flashed it with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/31/10) mini - build 14536M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko. Thanks.

If you're talking about the dancing blue lights that are on most netgear units, when you install dd-wrt to it, those lights go away.

Having problems with port forwarding? Check out Port Forward Troubleshooting for more info.
Themus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 0:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Looks like to get SNMP I am going to have to upgrade from the mini to the std version. I am wanting to monitor the traffic that goes out from the home Lan to the Internet. I have young children to protect and I understand with WallWatcher I would have that capability.

I have a Netgear WNR2000 with dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2 on it now.

I think to get SNMP I need to go with dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.

Would you agree? I've tried to do my homework!

I have the router with 4mb flash on it so I know I have limitations and if I miss my guess, this is the best I can do.
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 0:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Themus wrote:
Looks like to get SNMP I am going to have to upgrade from the mini to the std version. I am wanting to monitor the traffic that goes out from the home Lan to the Internet. I have young children to protect and I understand with WallWatcher I would have that capability.

I have a Netgear WNR2000 with dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2 on it now.

I think to get SNMP I need to go with dd-wrt.v24-14929_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.

Would you agree? I've tried to do my homework!

I have the router with 4mb flash on it so I know I have limitations and if I miss my guess, this is the best I can do.

Yes that build should work fine, also as a pointer, you can use opendns to be your dns server (yes its free) and filter your children's content, works well for me as i have to regulate my son's internet use.

Themus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you for the quick response. I'll take your advice and look at that opendns. Always open to good suggestions!
buntya
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:23    Post subject: Re: WPS light. Reply with quote
buddee wrote:
buntya wrote:

If you're talking about the dancing blue lights that are on most netgear units, when you install dd-wrt to it, those lights go away.

The green light just below the bottom(4th port).
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:44    Post subject: Re: WPS light. Reply with quote
buntya wrote:
buddee wrote:
buntya wrote:

The green light just below the bottom(4th port).

The WPS button? I believe that stays off. Not sure if enabling it in the webgui Services tab for on and off radio will turn the light on either, but you could always try.

packrat73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I upgraded to dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk onto mine after flashing it with the one darthtater mentioned. But the wireless is spotty. It constantly drops out. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help.
packrat73
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry, I meant the first one to be a .bin not .chk....

I upgraded using the one I mentioned but in .bin format. and it still drops every 2 hours or so.
KEViNSKY
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 0:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all. :)

I own a WNR2000v2 with DD-WRT as well (downloaded & installed dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk).

It worked pretty good BUT.. After a reboot it's back to it's default settings.

What am I doing wrong?

I've made a back-up before rebooting and tried to restore it but it's still on it's default settings.. Sad
buddee
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
KEViNSKY wrote:
Hello all. :)

I own a WNR2000v2 with DD-WRT as well (downloaded & installed dd-wrt.v24-14536_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-WNR2000v2.chk).

It worked pretty good BUT.. After a reboot it's back to it's default settings.

What am I doing wrong?

I've made a back-up before rebooting and tried to restore it but it's still on it's default settings.. Sad

Probably need to clear your browser cache, close, then re-open your browser.

KEViNSKY
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 0:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
buddee wrote:

Probably need to clear your browser cache, close, then re-open your browser.

I've tried this with IE8 and Firefox but didn't work. :(

Thanks for your reply. :)

Edit: Just noticed that I'm using an older version. -.-

Edit#2: Upgraded to build 15943 and now it's working like it should. Even after a reboot. :)

Thanks anyway. Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24, 25, 26  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 11 of 26
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: