Anyone have DHCPv6 working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dougb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 2:09    Post subject: Anyone have DHCPv6 working? Reply with quote
I have a WRT 160N v3 currently using dd-wrt.v24-14289_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_nokaid_small.bin from here: ftp://dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/04-16-10-r14289/broadcom_K26/ and an IPv6 tunnel from HE as described here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=66205. Everything is working great, so of course now is a good time to stir things up a bit. Very Happy

I'd like to experiment with a DHCPv6 server on the router so that I can also experiment with the client on my hosts. Does anyone have a working configuration that they can share? I imagine that I'll have to enable jffs on the router, and probably use ipkg to download and/or install the stuff, but I've no idea how to accomplish that. If someone can point me in the right direction I'd be happy to work something up and post it as I have in the past, but if someone has already done the job I'd appreciate that even more.

Regards,

Doug
Sponsor
andee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know this is an old thread, but I have ISC DHCPv6 installed and working. I had to build it myself from source. http://www.jonisdumb.com/2011/02/compiling-isc-dhcp-420-dd-wrt.html
ProTip
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
andee wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but I have ISC DHCPv6 installed and working.

I'm just getting to this phase of my testing...what made you choose ISC over dibbler?
andee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Again, old thread, and been a long time since I posted. ISC has a better documented build process. That was the main reason. However ISC is HUGE, 6MB. I have since built wide-dhcpv6-server, which is much smaller and works just as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: