DD-WRT on TL-WA901ND v2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
maestro_787
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys,
just to understand better the situation.
There are been released two testing FW on FTP server:
1 - The first one was released around the 6 of October and it bricks the router.
2 - The second one was released the 12 of October.

My questions are:
1 - Can somebody tell me how I can restore my bricked router? I can only see and connect to dd-wrt wifi network but no other services seems to be started on router side, so I cannot connect to administrator GUI neither access through SSH or telnet

2 - Did somebody try the second testing FW?

Many thanks,
Armando.
Sponsor
Gomjaba
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I only see the one from Oct. 6th

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2012/10-06-12-r20086-testing/tplink_tl-wa901ndv2/

Edit: never mind

https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2012/10-12-12-r20119-testing/tplink_tl-wa901ndv2/

I might try the 10-12-12 myself as I found a second v2 one so I wouldn't mind bricking it ... I see what I can do ..
cpanti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 18:34    Post subject: It is working (dd-wrt on a tp-link tl-wa901nd v2.3) Reply with quote
It is working.
First of all thank you (no55) for your debricking instructions Smile
It helped a lot.

My story (dd-wrt on a tp-link tl-wa901nd v2.3)

Firmware Version: 3.12.16 Build 120224 Rel.61005n
Hardware Version: WA901N v2 00000000

1. I downloaded factory-to-ddwrt.bin from https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2012/10-12-12-r20119-testing/ and I updated the firmware using Sistem Tools -> Firmware Upgrade

2. my antenna was bricked ... I was not able to do anything.
I managed to debrick it using no55 instructions on page 3

"
Turn on your TL-WA901ND v2 without LAN connected.
Connect via wireless. (SSID: DD-WRT)
Start a command prompt with administrators privileges (start>all programs>accessories>right click command prompt and run as administrator).
Type arp -a to get a list of what ip's are attached to what mac's.
Type netsh -c "interface ipv4" (with quotation marks) and will get the new prompt netsh interface ipv4>
Open network and sharing center and note the connection name. Mine is "Wireless Network Connection"
Check the bottom of your TL-WA901ND v2 for its mac address.
Type in command prompt set neighbors "Wireless Network Connection" "192.168.1.1" "F8-B1-11-BF-**-**" Note quotation marks and substitute F8-B1-11-BF-**-** with your own mac.
type exit to get back the normal command prompt and type arp -a again and make sure there is now the right mac against 192.168.1.1
Open browser and then open the web interface by typing 192.168.1.1
"

3. Setup - Basic Setup
disable WAN (WAN Connection Type - Connection Type -> disabled)
check "Assign WAN Port to Switch"
setup up a correct ip/gateway/dns for LAN ("Router IP - Local IP Address")

That is all.
It is working like a dream.

Good luck.
Pante
Diesel7926
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 14:24    Post subject: Re: It is working (dd-wrt on a tp-link tl-wa901nd v2.3) Reply with quote
I have one of these AP's that I just bought to setup as a wireless bridge.... unbeknownst to me when you try to set this unit up as a bridge you cant use wpa security..major fail if you ask me. but in any case here is what i am trying to do.

I have my main router in the front of my house with main system and internet connection to wan port. I have a wired connection running to the back of my house to a secondary router with dhcp disabled to extend my wireless network. Now what I am trying to do is create an extended wireless network in my garage where my wireless devices struggle to connect to my secondary router because of distance and dont get very good speeds. so I am trying to create a bridge using this tplink v2 AP then connect a third router to the ap essentially extending my wireless network. I dont really want to use it as a repeater as that will halve my bandwidth with it switching back and forth. WIlL THIS WORK? I want to put DD-WRT on it so that I can turn it into a proper Bridge.
kulimboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have flashed using the step above but after set the proper mac address to the router using set neighbors command, i cannot access the login page. Ping to 192.168.1.1 also no reply. Now my router is bricked..
cpanti
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
kulimboy wrote:
I have flashed using the step above but after set the proper mac address to the router using set neighbors command, i cannot access the login page. Ping to 192.168.1.1 also no reply. Now my router is bricked..

@kulimboy:
I need more info. can you connect to the dd-wrt ssid?

Are you sure that you are setting the correct MAC address?

Try again. It should work. I used this method on 3 access points. With one of them I had a small problem .. I had to create a small script to keep the MAC in the ARP table. Just send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you.

Make sure that the LAN cable is unplugged - reboot - connect to ssid dd-wrt - set the correct MAC (it is written on the back of your router) .... and it should work.

Pante
Diesel7926
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
kulimboy wrote:

I decided to bite the bullet after no one on here had an answer for me about this. The AP was no good to me the way it was so what did I have to lose. I was not able to access it either and I thought I bricked it. I had to set the dns address for my wireless connection to the same subnet I used 192.168.1.8 just temporarily so I could complete step 3 and get a hard cable hooked up to the AP. Try that and see if it works.

Ryan
vanastasis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
hi,

upgraded using method but unstable
have to connect and disconnect wireless a few times for it to be accessible.

how can i revert this back to tp-link original firmware please ?

- Vas
Makuru Paijo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:03    Post subject: How to do the debricking with Macintosh Reply with quote
I tried to the method above using Windows Vista and after I did the arp -a, the IP (192.168.1.1) is with the right Mac Address. However when I accessed it with Macintosh (Lion), I found that the IP address is not with the right Mac address. I went back to VIsta and check, the IP is still with the right Mac address.

So, I wonder if there is any command in Macintosh for the method. The arp -a command worked, but not the others.

Thanks
dz.root
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:02    Post subject: Re: Canot make it Reply with quote
Makuru Paijo wrote:
I tried doing the method above, but I could not access the 192.168.1.1.

kulimboy wrote:

use INTERNET EXPLORER and try to restart the router when you are trying to access to 192.168.1.1 that s work for me good luck..
Makuru Paijo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 16:43    Post subject: Re: Canot make it Reply with quote
dz.root wrote:

use INTERNET EXPLORER and try to restart the router when you are trying to access to 192.168.1.1 that s work for me good luck..

I have tried restarting and using Internet Explorer, but it was no luck. I checked it with the arp -a command, and the 192.68.1.1 has been assigned to the right MAC address. The connection was said to be connected with limited access. I tried ping, but no reply.

However, I have been thinking of using another computer, because when I did the arp -a using Apple, the 192.68.1.1 IP was not attached to the proper MAC address. I am thinking maybe there is something wrong the computer that I used.

When I did the arp-a with Apple, the result was
? (192.168.1.1) at 6a:19:16:f7:12:81 on en1 ifscope [ethernet] (not AP MAC Address)

When I did the arp-a with Vista the result was correct:

192.168.1.1 90:f6:52:5e:9e:50 which is the AP's MAC Address

Last edited by Makuru Paijo on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:47; edited 1 time in total
kulimboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
cpanti wrote:
kulimboy wrote:

@kulimboy:
I need more info. can you connect to the dd-wrt ssid?

Are you sure that you are setting the correct MAC address?

Try again. It should work. I used this method on 3 access points. With one of them I had a small problem .. I had to create a small script to keep the MAC in the ARP table. Just send me a PM with your email address and I can send it to you.

Make sure that the LAN cable is unplugged - reboot - connect to ssid dd-wrt - set the correct MAC (it is written on the back of your router) .... and it should work.

Pante

I have try several times to access 192.168.1.1 and the for just a while I can see the change password page. I click the change password button and then the page is blank again. I try to access again 192.168.1.1 but no success. Thanks for the advice but it still cannot solve the problem. Smile
kulimboy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hooray!!

After several times retrying, finally i am able to access 192.168.1.1. Here is what i done:-

1) quickly access 192.168.1.1 after powering on the router. At the same time as the wifi connect to the router, you must quickly access the 192.168.1.1 in internet explorer.

2) quickly change the username and password. I use u: admin p: admin

Hope this will help others.
snaptech
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
kulimboy wrote:
Hooray!!

After several times retrying, finally i am able to access 192.168.1.1. Here is what i done:-

1) quickly access 192.168.1.1 after powering on the router. At the same time as the wifi connect to the router, you must quickly access the 192.168.1.1 in internet explorer.

2) quickly change the username and password. I use u: admin p: admin

Hope this will help others.

Thank You kulimboy, that worked for me!

I can now reliably connect to the control panel. Now, I have another potential issue. The wireless MAC address matches the hardware address on the sticker. However, the lan/wan does not... I may have caused this problem by using "set neighbor" over eth with a typo.

Can anyone tell me if the MAC addresses should all be the same on this AP?

TIA
DitzelCWB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 18:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
snaptech wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the MAC addresses should all be the same on this AP?

TIA

Yes, it´s the same.

http://www.tp-link.com/resources/simulator/TL-WA801ND/index.htm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 8
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: