Browser "connection reset" during firmware upgrade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
timg11
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 17:03    Post subject: Browser "connection reset" during firmware upgrade Reply with quote
I have a Linksys E4200 currently running the initial mini firmware dd-wrt.v24-18777_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini-e4200.bin.

I am now flashing to dd-wrt.v24-18777_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-nv60k.bin, following the peacock thread instructions.

I did the 30-30-30 reset, and logged back in and changed the password as requested.
The system used for flashing is a Dell D820 notebook, running Windows 7 /32, with Firefox 17.0.1 browser. Connection by Ethernet to E4200 only. Wireless is off. Static IP address 192.168.1.8 is configured on the notebook.

Using the webgui upgrade page for firmware update, I selected the dd-wrt.v24-18777_NEWD-2_K2.6_std_usb_nas-nv60k.bin from the local drive.

Clicking on the Upgrade button, I saw display with a countdown of 300. It counted down for a few seconds, then the browser went to "connection reset". I tried to reload, and got to "resend the form" dialog. I waited 10 minutes in case it was still flashing. When I logged back in, it was still running the mini initial build.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Keep trying? Use TFTP? Other?
Sponsor
timg11
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried it using Internet Explorer. It completed the update successfully. I'm not sure if there is a general issue with Firefox, or if it was a one-time glitch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: