D-Link DIR-600 B1 Flashing Problems (Solved)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Cyntil8ing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 18:22    Post subject: D-Link DIR-600 B1 Flashing Problems (Solved) Reply with quote
Hi,

I've followed the steps to flashing the DIR-600 B1 at http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/DIR-600 but i can't seem to flash my firmware.

I keep getting the message "The chosen file is not a valid firmware image file". I've even tried the DIR-300 B1 firmware but to the same effect.

I noticed that the DIR-600 used in the wiki had a firmware ver. of 2.00 while my DIR-600 came with a 2.01.

I'd like to know if that could possibly be the cause of my problem of being unable to flash the router. Also, if someone has the same type of router with the same default firmware that found a way around my issue, that'd be real helpful.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Cyntil8ing on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:55; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
Cyntil8ing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47    Post subject: DIR-600 B1 Emergency Room Results Reply with quote
I've also tried updating via the emergency room but i received the response of "FAILED TO UPLOAD IMAGE" followed by the message, "Unable to upload the image, please make sure the uploaded file is the correct image".

Did some more searching in the forums and i found out that the DIR-300 rev. B has the exact same hardware as my DIR-600 B1. Does anyone know if it be safe to try out that firmware?

Getting desperate here.
Cyntil8ing
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:52    Post subject: Problem Identified Reply with quote
I finally found out what the issue is. Apparently, the latest build (v24 PreSP2[Beta] Build:14144), is not being recognized by the router out-of-the-box.

I have downloaded the previous build (13064) and the update was immediately recognized.

Please update/fix the link for the current firmware to the DIR-600 B1 as it doesn't seem to be working for out-of-the-box flashing as per the instructions in the wiki or at least update the wiki instructions to reflect this solution.

I also managed to update to the current build after flashing from the previous one.

Hope this helps some people.

Cheers
orlandold
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 23:18    Post subject: doesn't work on my side. Reply with quote
I have tried flashing my DIR-600 B1 (dlink firmware 2.01) with all of the cited alternatives, and even also with another option in other post regarding using the DIR-300 firmware for DD-WRT and non of my attempts have been succesful.

I have tried through Firefox and Safari on a Mac and also through IE on WinXP.

Somebody please help me.

Thanks,
carioca85
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 16:24    Post subject: Re: doesn't work on my side. Reply with quote
orlandold wrote:
I have tried flashing my DIR-600 B1 (dlink firmware 2.01) with all of the cited alternatives, and even also with another option in other post regarding using the DIR-300 firmware for DD-WRT and non of my attempts have been succesful.

I have tried through Firefox and Safari on a Mac and also through IE on WinXP.

Somebody please help me.

Thanks,

I also had the same problem. I had problems trying to upload any image from my MacBook and over my IE on Desktop. Finally it worked out with Firefox in my Windows desktop.

Try this: after downloaded the version 2.02 of original firmware, put your router in emergency mode, set you ip to a static 192.168.0.0 subnet, open you firefox and go to 192.168.0.1. Then, select the image file and click in upload. Done.

PS1: This procedure is to restore the DIR-600 to manufacturer's firmware (because, you may want to know, the dd-wrt doesn't work with iphone).

PS2: Before all of this procedures, install version 13064 (dir600-revb-ddwrt-webflash.bin) from dd-wrt site - via dd-wrt web interface.
orlandold
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for your reply. I will give it a try. BUT, now that you mention the lack of reliability with the iPhone, I need to do some research/decision making before I move forward.

My idea for using the DIR-600 is to extend my network once it has been DD-WRTed, by adding a bridge to an Airport Express , and being able to use my iPhone in some location at home where my current DIR-655 can't reach. I thought that by replacing my DIR-655 with the combo of DIR-600 (dd-wrted) with the Airport Express, my signal strength issues that limited my iPhone usage will be fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: