Buffalo Factory Revert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Schwartz83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 13:22    Post subject: Buffalo Factory Revert Reply with quote
I have a WHR-HP-GN that I want to revert to factory firmware. I have tried tftp and such, however I cannot for some reason get it to work. I can ping the router, and for the record its not bricked. I just want to put the official release on it. However when I try to send it just times out. I am on windows 7 x64. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsor
s_o_c_o
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just did this earlier today after having DD-WRT on mine for ~20 days.

Set up your ethernet card with a static ip address of 192.168.11.x. I used 192.168.11.10. Set the netmask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.11.1

Next what I did was typed and entered both of these commands into command prompt before I actually did it because you will need to quickly hit your up arrow on your keyboard to recall them.

arp -s 192.168.11.1 <the lan mac address of your buffalo>

example "arp -s 192.168.11.1 00-11-22-33-44-55"

next tftp

example "tftp -i 192.168.11.1 PUT c:\firmware.bin"

make sure the path to the firmware is correct

Now connect your cable to the router with the router off. Plug your router in and soon as you see it connecting in the system tray (bottom right) hit enter on the arp command. Then hit up until you get to the tftp command and hit enter. This may take a couple tries but it works.

Good luck.
snake007uk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wanted to say I used the method mentioned above, and the only thing to ensure is that you change the routers IP to 192.168.11.1 as this is the only way to get tftp to work.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sigh..
There will always be those who can't read, there will always be those who can't follow simple instruction.
They will always mislead others into doing things in the wrong way.

The boot loader sets the routers ip address to 192.168.11.1 during boot up, regardless of what ip the user has configured the router to in the firmware.

The boot loader of the router will look for a tftp server on 192.168.11.2 so that is what you have to set your rig to.
Not another ip address in that subnet.
It will accept other tftp server ip addresses during a very short time interval after it has tried to find it on 192.168.11.2.

All this has been said by me and others in a couple of threads, some of them still on the first page here.
Can't you read folks? Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe make a sticky, because in some of your threads, I noticed you mentioned a few times but I could not find it in my search (probably my fault for not searching properly).

However a new post every now and then (which doesn't have a 2/3 page thread going) is nice with clear instructions (should probably go on the wiki against the router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: