Hotspot - not redirecting BETA build 13064

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 23:55    Post subject: Hotspot - not redirecting BETA build 13064 Reply with quote
HI! I have setup my hotspot as mentioned in the guide but I am now stuck on this one point. I can connect to my hotspot ssid but there is no redirection, just free browsing.

The one thing that I am not sure about is the
Which on is the WLan setting. I have a asus WL-520GU and it does not clearly list as WLan in the dd-wrt settings.

I also use a Virtual Interfaces wl0.1 SSID as suggested in the hotspot guide.

Here are my settings. and I have also inserted pics

System
Router Name
router."My HotSpot Provider name"
Router Model
Asus WL-520GU/GC
Firmware Version
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) std - build 13064

ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 22 18.46.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.14 KB
 Viewed:  5207 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_05 Dec. 22 18.46.gif

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 22 18.38.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.18 KB
 Viewed:  5206 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_02 Dec. 22 18.38.gif

ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 18.39.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.86 KB
 Viewed:  5206 Time(s)

ScreenHunter_04 Dec. 22 18.39.gif

Last edited by webcan on Sun Jan 10, 2010 18:36; edited 2 times in total
Sponsor
fudge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think you should try the Help Desk at hotspotsystem.com 's website, they are very helpful and they usually answer within hours.
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I already did and they referred me to here since I have dd-wrt installed are they are not up to date with the versions either. most of there info is for v23 or v24 sp1 and there are some major changes since then.

I have version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (12/18/09) std-nokaid - build 13491M NEWD-2 Eko.

my problem now is that although I do get redirected I have no direct access to my LAN after. In other words all get redirected ( Wired LAN, Vlan, wireless ). I don't want to have too go through my hotspot provider just to access my wired LAN or the internet.

My Provider does recommend creating a virtual interface ( which I have ) but that too gets redirected.

I do have another post at this address http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=387045#387045
that EKO Developer/Maintainer and phuzi0n DD-WRT Guru is looking at but I am awaiting response as EKO mentioned that he would have to test it out on his end first.

The latest build that I have has my hotspot provider integrated but like I mentioned, ALL gets redirected to my hotspot page which is impractical for the host/server computer.

Paul

Last edited by webcan on Sun Jan 10, 2010 16:55; edited 1 time in total
fudge
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've checked the support site and the information is for v24 SP1, because that is the latest stable version. They don't support beta firmware.

Also, this is the first version which has hotspotsystem built-in, so this is quite new.

I'm sure they will test it but you have to be patient.

Or play with the settings for yourself and try to find a solution until then.

Normal operator would be: paid WLAN, free LAN. This is the default setting for v24 SP1. So i'm sure there is a solution and maybe it's a bug in this beta that LAN ports are forwarded to the hotspot page by default.
webcan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
HI! Thanks for the reply, The thing is that when you run into problems the board and its moderator and users tells you to NOT USE OLD BUILDS. phuzi0n DD-WRT Guru listed as GURU even has this attached to his signature and point to a link at dd-wrt ( http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=52043 ) and mentions that they recommend "RECOMMENDED BUILDS update 09/20/09" This is SP2.
My hotspot provider does not provide assistance for newer builds because its listed as beta BUT on the other hand when you run into problems DD-wrt users and moderators recommend you to use a newer build because later builds have bug fixes.( EKO the Developer/Maintainer adds most of these fixes from what I have read) Which in turn has implemented fixes (among other things) to v24 sp1 which is why its now sp2.

I do know however that the latest version that I have is probably more experimental than a few builds before. So I don't want anyone to get me wrong, I am not complaining/upset or anything its just that I was hoping that I would have got things working by now.

I would like to know what exactly to put in the remote Network box so maybe I will PM EKO (if I can) about it.

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: