whr-hp-G300N vs. whr-hp-GN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
vinuneuro
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 23:57    Post subject: whr-hp-G300N vs. whr-hp-GN Reply with quote
What exactly is the difference between these two routers? On paper they seem very similar spec wise; Atheros 7240, 400mhz, 32/4 memory.

The only big difference I can identify is the single antenna in the GN vs the 2x2 in the G300N. Will this make a big performance difference? I'll only be using 802.11g.

Can I assume flashing the GN should be identical to the G300N since it's the same chipset?

I'm moving on from my WRT54G.

Thanks.
Sponsor
cdkiller
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:42    Post subject: Re: whr-hp-G300N vs. whr-hp-GN Reply with quote
vinuneuro wrote:
What exactly is the difference between these two routers? On paper they seem very similar spec wise; Atheros 7240, 400mhz, 32/4 memory.

The only big difference I can identify is the single antenna in the GN vs the 2x2 in the G300N. Will this make a big performance difference? I'll only be using 802.11g.

Can I assume flashing the GN should be identical to the G300N since it's the same chipset?

I'm moving on from my WRT54G.

Thanks.
The WHR-HP-GN is a single stream wireless N device and therefore not 802.11n certified. This is reflected on the product page where Buffalo has the wifi logo. To be 802.11n certified there must be atleast 2 spatial streams which was implemented in the WHR-HP-G300N. That's the only difference. If you plan to only use 802.11g then by all means get the cheaper WHR-HP-GN because there isn't any performance difference except for the 802.11n performance.

The PCB should be practically the same for both routers except the WHR-HP-GN will be missing a few chips and antennas that provide the 802.11n certification.

Navigation

Jump to: