Turn wireless into wired possible?

penthoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:43    Post subject: Turn wireless into wired possible? Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new here, sorry if it's a noob question, I have 2 routers and a few servers but they don't don't have wireless card, and they're far away from the router that's setted up as a hotspot, so i was wondering if DD-WRT are able to turn one of this router to receive the signal and then put it on the wired Ethernet connection, I've tried to search for this, but either I don't know the right word or it's never been asked? any pointers would be appreciated.
Sponsor
Dark_Shadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
search for linking routers in the wiki. your looking for switch

Testing Multiple Routers -- Bootloader Collection Project -- My Wiki
gobbledigook
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
what you describe sounds more like a wireless bridge
penthoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply, I'll look into it, since I have never attempted to research for this method yet, but do want to know for certain if a WRT54G 6.0 which is my router, possible to do this with DD-wrt, so I can start research on this. if it's uncertain that it can be done, I might as well look into other solutions, Thanks.
penthoy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I have installed DD-WRT for my router, and are trying to set up a wireless bridge, I have followed every step the best I can, but there's a problem it seems that it have connected to the wireless, but when following the last step on the Client bridge tutorial, to use auto detect IP, it cannot detect it, and although it can connect to the router if Static ip is set, it cannot connect to the internet, under services: DHCP server is Disabled, and I can't find a way to enable it, but does that matter? Also tried to set the ip to 192.168.5.8 because the main Router is 192.168.1.1 still the same, anyone can help?

Edit: I have started a new thread here:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=427015
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: