WRT160NL Print Server How-TO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Peior Crustulum
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 21:02    Post subject: Printer stops? Reply with quote
This is a great guide even though http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/atheros/packages/p910nd_0.93-1_atheros.ipk
ipkg install p910nd_0.93-1_atheros.ipk was removed from the site, and replaced by p910nd_0.93-2_atheros.ipk

Once i figured this out I was enable to follow the rest of the steps and make my HP PSC 1200 series printer work on both my desktop and my girlfriends laptop.

The problem however comes up whenever i actually print something.
large print jobs never start (10MB+), and small print jobs (500KB-2MB) only print half way before the printer stops dead in it's tracks.

The print job fails, and I have to restart the print spooler to get rid of the old job.
However, when the print job dissapears the printer prints the exact same as it did on the job i just canceled.

No idea why, it even stops at the very same line as the previously failed print job.

the length of the print job seems to vary slightly depending on if i set the printer to "start printing after the last paged is spooled" or "start printing immediately"

I tried to bypass the spooler by allowing the PC to send the entire print job directly to the printer, only to find the application printing hangig on 50% CPU, or 1 core if you will.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens?
Sponsor
Bung
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am getting the same thing with my wndr3700, printing only gets through half a page on my psc1210. I dont think its the printer, since it works if plugged in normally. it's got to be communication between the computer->router->printer

Any dd-wrt gurus with any information on this?
tglaria
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorey to bring this up again, but I havn't been able to print anything with my router, a TP-Link wr1043nd

Even though the print server seems to be running and the printer is detected, when I try to print from Windows, it's not working.

the printer is a LBP3000.

¿Any ideas?
news8000
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 22:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router WRT350N
Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/12/10) mini-usb-ftp - build 14929
Printer: HP Officejet 4315 All-in-One

Set up as in this excellent article. Vista Home premium 64-bit. Point driver to router port 9100 as described, print test page and works just fine! But print from any other application (browser, MS Word 2003, PDF docs, etc.) and print job disappears from spool queue on laptop with no response from printer. Print another test page right away and it works.
Hmmmm.... Any ideas?
Thx

Neil
corn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 16:49    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote
Thank you, antidelldude.

router: Linksys WRT160NL
version: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/07/10) std - build 14896
printer: Samsung ML-1640

Just followed your tutorial using p910nd_0.95-1_atheros.ipk.

root@cv:~# cd /jffs
root@cv:/jffs# ls
p910nd_0.95-1_atheros.ipk tmp
root@cv:/jffs# ipkg install p910*
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/backports
/bin/ipkg: line 1184: sort: not found
Unpacking p910nd...Done.
Configuring p910nd...Done.
root@cv:/jffs#

I have ignored the errors and the printer worked OK.
pvlier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13    Post subject: Printer stops halfway Reply with quote
Same problem here as above:

installed printer on WRT160nl, ingnored errors and connected a DYMO LABELWRITER450 to the router. It's detected and everything seems ok.

I installed the printer within Windows using the guide and when I print the DYMO does print a part but then stops. When I print again the whole label is printed at the remaining part of the label and then a blank label is fed.

It looks like the first printjob stops but the second succeeds (but now I have 1,5 job on 1 label).

Tried disabling bi-directional and setup 'print directly' but no success...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: