WZR-HP-G300NH - Endless reboots after Buffalo to DD-WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
nullifier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 23:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
just above the SSID(same label) is an A0 and A3.

The FCC ID is FDI-0910560-0
IC 6102A-021

The numbers on mine are identical.
Sponsor
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 23:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
flytiger wrote:
05dyna wrote:
how do you tell which revision we have? the only info on the back is the sn# (left panel) and to the right is the SSID and key. just above the SSID(same label) is an A0 and A3.

IC 6102A-021

can you check yours, if yours is the same I'll upgrade to the 1.72 and flash it again

TIA

Although I don't suspect any change on those labels, I will check when I get home. Will post back then.

Thank you, I'd appreciate it
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 23:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
nullifier wrote:
Quote:
just above the SSID(same label) is an A0 and A3.

IC 6102A-021

The numbers on mine are identical.
did you flash from the 1.6x or the 1.72 ?
flytiger
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 0:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ok, I just got home and checked the labels. There is a difference. The letters above SSID is "A0 D0" instead of "A0 A3"

Then there could be hardware difference since that label is different? I guess it is the batch number, anyway. Now it explained why some of the users had the problem.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
flytiger wrote:
Ok, I just got home and checked the labels. There is a difference. The letters above SSID is "A0 D0" instead of "A0 A3"

Then there could be hardware difference since that label is different? I guess it is the batch number, anyway. Now it explained why some of the users had the problem.
Thank you, that would explain it for me. maybe the dd-wrt gods could create another flash for the different rev?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
maybe the dd-wrt gods could create another flash for the different rev?

Do you really think that the information given here (changed batch number from A3 to D0) is enough info for the developers to know what they have to change?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
probably we need a nvram dump. :-)

But, is it true that DD-WRT developers should already get in touch with Buffalo to make a fully compatible and stable firmware?
Remember the announcement from Buffalo?
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
05dyna wrote:

Do you really think that the information given here (changed batch number from A3 to D0) is enough info for the developers to know what they have to change?

LOM, there was no disrespect intended. That said keep in mind the wiki indicated this was a straight-forward upgrade. That doesn’t appear to be the case, in fact it still says “As of Feb 2010, the WZR-HP-G300NH can be flashed with DD-WRT directly from the Buffalo web GUI”
chris12892
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a D0. DD-WRT has given me no issues at all. Is D0 speculated to be the more recent rev?
nullifier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems like OpenWRT wouldn't run at all if there were some sort of hardware change that is causing DD-WRT to not load. Does anyone know if there's a jtag interface in the unit at all? I have not opened mine in case I have to RMA it, but it seems like that would be the place to start if we need logs and nvram dumps.
sonicj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
05dyna wrote:

LOM, I personally don't appreciate your condescending tone and feel your comments are in poor taste. In case you haven't noticed, a number of dd-wrt enthusiasts have found out the hard way that their newly purchased router that they had thought was dd-wrt compatible truly is not. The lack of information from official sources leaves us with trying to figure things out the best we know how. Most of us here are enthusiasts, not experts!

Your expertise would be a much better asset to the dd-wrt community if you would simply explain why batch numbers aren't sufficient in diagnosing the problem and point us in the direction we need to go to collect useful information so we can help get this problem solved. Cheers!
-sj
cdhinch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
My router has A0 D0 and I haven't had any problems. I have been able to flash from original to dd-wrt, openwrt and x-wrt and every other combination of the three. I will tell you that I have had problems when flashing via the web interface. I strictly use tftp now and it works every time.

Charles
nullifier
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
No devs or mods have any clue on wtf is going on here? Brainslayer, wtb your expertise on this bud. Where do I pay for a working version, cuz I will.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
sonicj wrote:
LOM wrote:
05dyna wrote:

LOM, I personally don't appreciate your condescending tone and feel your comments are in poor taste. In case you haven't noticed, a number of dd-wrt enthusiasts have found out the hard way that their newly purchased router that they had thought was dd-wrt compatible truly is not. The lack of information from official sources leaves us with trying to figure things out the best we know how. Most of us here are enthusiasts, not experts!

Your expertise would be a much better asset to the dd-wrt community if you would simply explain why batch numbers aren't sufficient in diagnosing the problem and point us in the direction we need to go to collect useful information so we can help get this problem solved. Cheers!
-sj

Only giving the batch number without telling the technical differences between them is the same as throwing an empty bone to Brainslayer, not useful at all.
Posts in another thread in the meantime has shown that it is not related to the batch number so you'll have to dig a bit deeper.

Problems like this is usually caused by the boot loader
and can then easily be seen in a serial log of the boot sequence.
If it is a hardware revision difference in cpu, radio, or switch ic's , then it will also show up in a serial log.

I see two ways of solving the problem:

a) You, the users of the free dd-wrt software provide enough information to Brainslayer so that he has a chance to understand what he needs to change

or

b) Someone send him a failing router so he can find out by himself.
Just don't expect that he is gonna hoover the market to find a problematic version and then buy it with his own money in order to support a free dd-wrt version.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
sonicj wrote:
LOM wrote:
05dyna wrote:

-sj

Only giving the batch number without telling the technical differences between them is the same as throwing an empty bone to Brainslayer, not useful at all.
Posts in another thread in the meantime has shown that it is not related to the batch number so you'll have to dig a bit deeper.

Problems like this is usually caused by the boot loader
and can then easily be seen in a serial log of the boot sequence.
If it is a hardware revision difference in cpu, radio, or switch ic's , then it will also show up in a serial log.

I see two ways of solving the problem:

a) You, the users of the free dd-wrt software provide enough information to Brainslayer so that he has a chance to understand what he needs to change

or

b) Someone send him a failing router so he can find out by himself.
Just don't expect that he is gonna hoover the market to find a problematic version and then buy it with his own money in order to support a free dd-wrt version.

I have found the batch numbers to be pretty tell tale.

A0 A3s seem to have the most issues. Anything after A0 A3 seems to be fine.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 7
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: