Startup scripts

ggp81
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:56    Post subject: Startup scripts Reply with quote
Hello,
I have read about the possibility to add startup scripts from DD-WRT web UI, in particular shell scripts (wiki: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Startup_Scripts#Shell_Script_Method).
It could be very useful for me, rebuilding the firmware only adding my scripts, in order to do little automatic operations at startup (I don't need new software, but only adding .sh scripts and call them somewhere like /etc/init.d/).
Some months ago I made few tests about rebuilding firmwares, but with WRT54GL I failed both Firmware Modification Kit (firmware wasn't valid, I had to upload image via tftp... anyway I don't remember what exactly I tried to do) and sources (few time to try, many errors during the process).
Can you please advice something about that, before I start?
Thank you very much
Sponsor
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 13:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
about what? Firmware mod kit?

if so, yes you are right, pending on used version you could have strange issues. Some are unable to extract, some are unable to rebuilt. but there is also some working great.

0.51 is ok to rebuilt and could extract dd-wrt firmware until sp2

0.62 could extract SP2 dd-wrt releases and OpenWRT release

DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
gruenesAlien
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Place you scripts in /etc/config with ending ".startup"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: