TP-Link TL-WR1043ND Bricked ,Can not write flash memory.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
sanscorp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 17:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Which firmware can I use without problems?

The router bricks the second you flash from the webui with the firmware from the router database.

Gets stuck on gzip data error or kernel panic not syncing VFS, unable to mount root fs on unkown.
rebooting.

I really would like to use DD-WRT, I have version 1.11 with a serial starting with 13.
Sponsor
adent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed r36104 on my rev 1.11 device quite a while ago and it runs flawlessly.
dijkmane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
i succesfully unbricked my 1043 using this guide :
http://sjoosten.nl/2013/07/unbrick-tl-wr1043nd.html

on Ali i purchased an MH-ET LIVE mini CH340E USB to TTL converter UART module for $ 1.68, that fixed the job.
only need pins 1, 2 and GND to connect and set the converter to 3V3.
then just follow the steps and done.

now to find the correct working DD-WRT version for hw1.8
dijkmane
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
after reading some posts, not daring to try anything above 33006, which is now working fine.
adent
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I flashed r36104 on my rev 1.8 device too and it runs flawlessly.
adisptr13
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 14:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry if oot, i've wr1043nd and flash to dd-wrt Firmware 36104 and my router work normally but something bothered me, the globe/wan indicator is red but i'm still connected to my internet and don't have any problem to browsing/download and the wan status is LOCAL, this is a normal problem for WR1043nd ?? because i've tried with another router Tp-link WR841ND it's normal the indicator of wan is green .. any suggest or help??
thanks
alexduni
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
LE: Sorted! Tried with a different serial converter, no success, and then changed the wires (from USB to router pins).

Hello all,

Like many of you, I've managed to brick a 1043nd V1.1 and so far unsuccessfully to recover it.. Sad

What I did so far:
-managed to solder GND,RX,TX to router's board.
-bought a USB to TTL Serial Converter (see img, red one)
-cannot send tpl command, tried with putty and termite.

This is what putty displays:
Code:

U-Boot 1.1.4 (Mar 31 2012 - 10:40:21)

AP83 (ar9100) U-boot 0.0.11
DRAM: 
sri
32 MB
id read 0x100000ff
flash size 8MB, sector count = 128
Flash:  8 MB
Using default environment

In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Net:   ag7100_enet_initialize...
No valid address in Flash. Using fixed address
: cfg1 0xf cfg2 0x7114
eth0: 00:03:7f:09:0b:ad
eth0 up
eth0
Autobooting in 1 seconds## Booting image at bf020000 ...
   Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

Starting kernel ...

OpenWrt kernel loader for AR7XXX/AR9XXX
Copyright (C) 2011 Gabor Juhos <juhosg@openwrt.org>
Decompressing kernel...
done!
Starting kernel...

After this, keeps rebooting.
Any ideas? Should I try with a different USB to TTL Serial Convertor?
orzepka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Henk50 wrote:

It's very strage, but i have found the solution: I use a cheap USB-TTL 3.3V CP2102, looks like the orange one above. I always ends up with 4Mb. The solution is: Start Putty. Disconnect the Ground pin from CP2102 board. Power on the modem and after 1 second connect the Ground pin to the CP2102 board. Than you see the tekst scrolling en everything is working fine. You can enter commands. The Ground pin will hang the boot process, don't know why.

You are great. You save my lifie.
Everyfing works fine.
Thank you.
jason_a69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
kaya314 wrote:
penko_bg wrote:
Hello i have bricked router 1043nd, with serial i receive this:
DRAM:
sri
4 MB
and stop.

what is the problem?

I was getting a similar error while trying to unbrick my WR1043ND V2 router using a standard USB-TTL converter. However basis the recommendation given here https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=55276 I tried using an Arduino Uno, at it worked perfectly for me.

You could try the unbrick process by using an Arduino instead of a standard USB-TTL converter if you are getting this error. Might just work out for you Smile

I am having limited success with a Raspberry Pi 2 connecting to the serial port on the HAT. I can read the output from the Tp_link as it tries to boot but I cannot get tpl into the device as it carries on its reboot loop into infinity. Which pins did you connect to the TP-Link? TX / RX and ground?
jason_a69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
kaya314 wrote:
penko_bg wrote:
Hello i have bricked router 1043nd, with serial i receive this:
DRAM:
sri
4 MB
and stop.

what is the problem?

I was getting a similar error while trying to unbrick my WR1043ND V2 router using a standard USB-TTL converter. However basis the recommendation given here https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=55276 I tried using an Arduino Uno, at it worked perfectly for me.

You could try the unbrick process by using an Arduino instead of a standard USB-TTL converter if you are getting this error. Might just work out for you Smile

I am having limited success with a Raspberry Pi 2 connecting to the serial port on the HAT. I can read the output from the Tp_link as it tries to boot but I cannot get tpl into the device as it carries on its reboot loop into infinity. Which pins did you connect to the TP-Link? TX / RX and ground?
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 17:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
jason_a69 wrote:

Yes, all you should need to connect is TX, RX, and GND.

DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
jason_a69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
jason_a69 wrote:

I've tried that but no joy, I'll get another USB to TTL adapter tomorrow and give that a go. I'm in Taiwan so there's loads of choice about Smile Thanks for responding.
jason_a69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
jason_a69 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
jason_a69 wrote:

I've tried that but no joy, I'll get another USB to TTL adapter tomorrow and give that a go. I'm in Taiwan so there's loads of choice about Smile Thanks for responding.

So I managed to get 2 UBS TTY devices that work, a PL2303 and a CP2101. I am using the CP2102 connected to the same Raspberry Pi and I am getting the boot sequence correctly but I still cannot for the life of me get the device to stop at tpl. I have even written a minicom script that should send the information for me, it is quite simple

Code:
expect "Autobooting in 1 seconds"
send tpl

Is there any way I can test the RX pin on the motherboard? I am getting to the point where Mr Fist will make sure that the TP Link never works again.

Any ideas are very welcome.
jason_a69
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
jason_a69 wrote:
jason_a69 wrote:
kernel-panic69 wrote:
jason_a69 wrote:

So I managed to get 2 UBS TTY devices that work, a PL2303 and a CP2101. I am using the CP2102 connected to the same Raspberry Pi and I am getting the boot sequence correctly but I still cannot for the life of me get the device to stop at tpl. I have even written a minicom script that should send the information for me, it is quite simple

Code:
expect "Autobooting in 1 seconds"
send tpl

Is there any way I can test the RX pin on the motherboard? I am getting to the point where Mr Fist will make sure that the TP Link never works again.

Any ideas are very welcome.

There is no need to reply to this, it's really fried now, only the power light is on.

Thank God for that....
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don't see the need for the R-Pi in the mix...
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 12 of 13
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: