Multiple WAN IP Addresses, what's wrong with my config?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions
U235
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 22:26    Post subject: Multiple WAN IP Addresses, what's wrong with my config? Reply with quote
Yesterday I spent a couple hours searching and reading through multiple threads about multiple WAN support on DD-WRT. I finally thought I had it all worked out, but then I realized I was coming through on LOOPBACK and it wasn't actually configured right. I found a bunch of different threads and found a config that I thought worked, but it doesn't.

I'm running v24sp2 on a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH.

My main config is set on IP: 71.xxx.xxx.6. I own IPs 1-6 and here's my config. I wanted my webcam which is exposed externally to take 71.xxx.xxx.5. For testing, I thought I configured the firewall to just pass all packets and ports through.

Here's the config, please advise.

Quote:
Startup:
ifconfig eth1:1 71.xxx.xxx.5 netmask 255.255.255.0 broadcast 71.xxx.xxx.255

Quote:
Firewall:
#### Camera ####
iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -d 71.xxx.xxx.5 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.254.20
iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING -s 192.168.254.20 -j SNAT --to-source 71.xxx.xxx.5
## ALL Ports Forwarded ##
iptables -I FORWARD -d 192.168.254.20 -j ACCEPT

Obviously the camera's local IP is 192.168.254.20 which is the same subnet as the router's LAN side. I also know the IP is live since I had it working on my Siemens router so it's definitely something in the DD router and this config that's wrong.

On a final note, this config is for testing, once I know things are working, I'll change the firewall configuration to only use the ports needed.

I'd appreciate any help!

Regards,
Brian
Sponsor
Markus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 14:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess you may not define the SNAT. Try it as follows:

Quote:

iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -i eth1 -d 71.x.x.5 -j DNAT --to 192.168.254.20
iptables -I FORWARD -i eth1 -d 172.27.0.43 -j ACCEPT

Markus

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Your firewall is fine and the SNAT rule is important. Are you sure you have the correct subnet mask/broadcast address though?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: