WNDR3300 and WRT350N v1.0 Brick's [solved]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Selexo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 23:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip. So I will look into getting the data cable instead. Should be easier to find and cheaper and your right about my next system not having a serial port. Thanks for the help. I may just get it from amazon because I got my last cable there for 89cents. I wish I could of found my dcu 60 for my sony phone said to work in serial and rated at 3v used to unlocked the phone.

I will shop around for the nokia one. Thanks for the ideas.
Sponsor
popamor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought a non-OEM Nokia CA-42 USB data cable from ebay. At first I had some issues with the drivers but eventually got it to work properly with my WNDR3300. Sad to say that my WNDR3300 has other issue than just being able to connect to it using the serial port. Seems like my board's reset is shorted. Even after taking out the reset button, the serial output still says that it is waiting for the reset button to be released. SO I guess I am out of luck.

Selexo wrote:
Thanks for the tip. So I will look into getting the data cable instead. Should be easier to find and cheaper and your right about my next system not having a serial port. Thanks for the help. I may just get it from amazon because I got my last cable there for 89cents. I wish I could of found my dcu 60 for my sony phone said to work in serial and rated at 3v used to unlocked the phone.

Poincare
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can I just connect the non-OEM Nokia CA-42 USB cable to my laptop's USB port and the serial side of the cable to the jp1/ttl/serial connector on the WNDR3300??
In this case will any non-OEM Nokia CA-42 usb data cable work, for example, if they are not available on ebay?

popamor wrote:
I bought a non-OEM Nokia CA-42 USB data cable from ebay. At first I had some issues with the drivers but eventually got it to work properly with my WNDR3300. Sad to say that my WNDR3300 has other issue than just being able to connect to it using the serial port. Seems like my board's reset is shorted. Even after taking out the reset button, the serial output still says that it is waiting for the reset button to be released. SO I guess I am out of luck.

Selexo wrote:

razrv6
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
so I am in the same boat now...
I had a working k24 dd-wrt build and uploaded dd-wrt.v24-15943_NEWD-2_K2.6_mini.bin -> bricked my wndr3300... I can't even ping it properly. it replies intermittently.

I ordered the ca-42 cable, now waiting. I plan to connect it to the board using the shot from the first post... will keep you posted. in the meantime I will appreciate if you have any advice for me.
PrimPast
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
razrv6 wrote:
I will appreciate if you have any advice for me.

Don't do THAT again! Laughing

(Read the serial recovery wiki too!)
razrv6
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
better late than never... I fixed it!!!
now I can throw away the N300 that I bought when I bricked this one. WNDR3300 is at least a thousand times better.

p.s. and of course not brick my router again...
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: