New firmware out r13972 (02/23/2010)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Kaltsu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 21:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just got the Buffalo stock firmware successfully upgraded to 13972 on my WZR-G300N.

Haven't used it for long now but so far everything seems to work OK apart from the WIRELESS LED, which I heard hasn't been working with previous DD-WRT builds either. Would be nice to have this fixed. Smile
Sponsor
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 22:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaltsu wrote:
Just got the Buffalo stock firmware successfully upgraded to 13972 on my WZR-G300N.

Haven't used it for long now but so far everything seems to work OK apart from the WIRELESS LED, which I heard hasn't been working with previous DD-WRT builds either. Would be nice to have this fixed. Smile
Create a ticket in trac

http://svn.dd-wrt.com:8000/dd-wrt/timeline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
sumbuddie wrote:
Just tried to update my old WRT54G v.5 (with 16MB upgrade) from build 13832 to this 13972 using the Broadcom micro_generic .bin without success - unit reports the update failed and provides a 'Continue' button that returns me to the firmware update page (I perform an 'erase nvram' command before each upgrade attempt which has always worked well for me).

Having the same issue here (WRT54G v5) with the micro build. Tried different browsers, and cleared the caches just to be sure.
Pip96
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
pvanb wrote:
sumbuddie wrote:
Just tried to update my old WRT54G v.5 (with 16MB upgrade) from build 13832 to this 13972 using the Broadcom micro_generic .bin without success - unit reports the update failed and provides a 'Continue' button that returns me to the firmware update page (I perform an 'erase nvram' command before each upgrade attempt which has always worked well for me).

Having the same issue here (WRT54G v5) with the micro build. Tried different browsers, and cleared the caches just to be sure.

Same here, I also tried different browsers (IE8, Firefox and Opera) and cleared the caches. Same result in all 3 browsers with the WRT54GS v7.0. Can load the older firmware versions (r13968 or earlier) back in ok but not the new r13972 dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin firmware.
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
Pip96 wrote:
pvanb wrote:
sumbuddie wrote:

Same here, I also tried different browsers (IE8, Firefox and Opera) and cleared the caches. Same result in all 3 browsers with the WRT54GS v7.0. Can load the older firmware versions (r13968 or earlier) back in ok but not the new r13972 dd-wrt.v24_micro_generic.bin firmware.

Follow the wiki install for your models.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
DHC_DarkShadow wrote:
Kaltsu wrote:

Create a ticket in trac

Would have been nice if he had done a gpio test to find out which gpio pin is connected to the wireless LED and included the result in the bug report..

You can not assume that the developers has the router in question so the problem may not be solved until one of the users gives this feedback.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
DHC_DarkShadow wrote:
Kaltsu wrote:

Create a ticket in trac

Would have been nice if he had done a gpio test to find out which gpio pin is connected to the wireless LED and included the result in the bug report..

You can not assume that the developers has the router in question so the problem may not be solved until one of the users gives this feedback.

I could do that if somebody gave me some instructions, since I'm not that experienced with the hardware of these devices. I assume I need to open my router and see where the wireless LED is being connected to?

EDIT:
Just checked http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_detection#Detecting_LED.C2.B4s. So do I just simply need to do the "gpio enable number , gpio disable number" -thing until I find the number whichs activates the wireless LED?
DHC_DarkShadow
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

:oops:

Kaltsu wrote:
Just checked http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Broadcom_detection#Detecting_LED.C2.B4s. So do I just simply need to do the "gpio enable number , gpio disable number" -thing until I find the number whichs activates the wireless LED?
Yea you can log into the router via telnet or ssh and run those gpio commands.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:

Ok, I did the test and here are the results (also posted in the bug report):

gpio disable 0 - All WAN/LAN port LEDs on
gpio disable 1 - BRIDGE LED on
gpio disable 2 - No visual effect
gpio disable 3 - No visual effect
gpio disable 4 - No visual effect
gpio disable 5 - No visual effect
gpio disable 6 - AOSS LED on
gpio disable 7 - DIAG LED on
gpio disable 8 - No visual effect

gpio enable 0 - All WAN/LAN port LEDs off
gpio enable 1 - BRIDGE LED off
gpio enable 2 - No visual effect
gpio enable 3 - No visual effect
gpio enable 4 - Resets DD-WRT to default settings
gpio enable 5 - No visual effect
gpio enable 6 - AOSS LED off
gpio enable 7 - DIAG LED off
gpio enable 8 - No visual effect

So nothing affected the Wireless LED. What should I do next, open up the router and see where the LED is connected to?
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 18:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Kaltsu wrote:

So nothing affected the Wireless LED. What should I do next, open up the router and see where the LED is connected to?

Nah, that is asking to much from you and it is usually not possible to see which pin a LED is connected to.
You did a good attempt even if the result was negative!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
LOM wrote:
Nah, that is asking to much from you and it is usually not possible to see which pin a LED is connected to.
You did a good attempt even if the result was negative!

I had some spare time so I did it anyway and took some pics. Sorry for the bad quality but the my phone's camera was the only one I could get in my hands. Hopefully the pic will be helpful.

bytes2000
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Cyberian wrote:
DHC_DarkShadow wrote:
Eko is on Holiday(vacation)

That's a relief. Thanks.

Yes!, I would like to see new VINT builds too...