Help Installing DD-WRT WRT54G V3.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
zerolegend
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:49    Post subject: Help Installing DD-WRT WRT54G V3.1 Reply with quote
Ok im getting confused on installing DD-WRT on my router. I have read all the info on the peacock thread. I am wondering how do i install DD-WRT on a v3.1 because i check the hardware instruction and it doesn't have the installation step on the page. It has V3.0 but i don't think that's the right one. If i am supposed to follow the V3.0 what does it mean by "reset button for 30 sec(not power cycle)" does that mean i dont do the hard reset? Also, it doesn't say to do any hard reset on the instruction. I also did used search, but it comes up with stupid topics which doesnt even fit the topic i searched for.
Sponsor
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 13:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
While I do not own your router, you should be able to use the 3.0 instructions. Make sure it is in the supported devices wiki. 30 sec reset should be a hard reset.

Most of the early linksys routers can be flashed using the same method. Some really early gs routers don't hard reset well, but those are before your model.

Use 12548 build.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
dpp3530
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
I used the same process to flash both a WRT54G 3.1 and WRT54GL. The guide I followed is at http://www.mandladventures.com/2007/04/12/how-to-flash-the-wrt54gl-with-dd-wrt-firmware/.

Don't use the build referenced in the guide. Use the build Donny refrences above. You can find it off the home page under downloads > Other Downloads > eko › V24_TNG › svn12548. Use dd-wrt.v24-12548_VINT_std.bin.

Linksys WRT1900AC
DD-WRT v3.0 STD
barryware
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
initial flash, you need to use a BS mini trailed build. After that, you can flash whatever your router supports.

trailed means the router model is part of the file name..

BS_MINI_bla_bla_wrt54g.bin

Navigation

Jump to: