Remap a LAN port to WAN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
thegodfaza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:50    Post subject: Remap a LAN port to WAN Reply with quote
The WAN port on my router has died. I am wondering if it's possible to remap an unused LAN port to become the WAN port until I buy a new router. I'm using DD-WRT v24 SP1 micro.

And a recommendation for a new router under $60 that fully supports DD-WRT would be nice. I know the wiki has a list, I just want to hear if someone has a favorite or a reliable router to recommend.
Sponsor
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, this could be down from VLANs tab of your webgui
DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
thegodfaza
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I went to VLANs and moved LAN port 4 to it's own VLAN. Then I went to the networking tab and tried to assign the WAN port to the new VLAN, but whenever I try to apply it the WAN port assignment just goes back to Disabled.
yzy-oui-fi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
just uncheck the wan in vlan1 and check port 4 in it
DD-WRT WDS MESH + DASHBOARD (fr), DD-WRT network setting tool (tools.yzy-oui-fi.com), Wifi Business and IT guy After hours, My Blog, Free DD-WRT VPN Community(www.wrt-pptp-ww.com), DD-WRT pré-réglés pour réseau outdoor(hotspot.yzy-oui-fi.com), Nouveau Forum DD-WRT francophone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: