DD-WRT support for verizon 7501 bulit by westell

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Author Message
koolit
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 20 Jan 2011
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 19:45    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
ghoffman wrote:
v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes!
i've set my v7501 as above. connects to wpa2/aes main router, and can wirelessly share usb printers.
i've added the p910nd print server software into /WFIO via a usb stick once. it then survives reboot.
thus thus setup does not need a usb stick to launch.

to set up:
1. reset router, disable public lan, and disable dhcp on private lan (see page 49)
2. upload custom frewall script below. save, then apply, then reboot.
3. copy p910nd and usblp.ko onto an empty usb stick, and mount this stick on the router. (see page 44 post from anonomouse)
4. copy these files to the folder /WFIO on the router by telnetting in:
telnet 192.168.1.202
cp /var/usb_mount/p910nd /WFIO
cp /var/usb_mount/usblp.ko /WFIO
remember, it takes a few seconds to write to /WFIO, so be patient.
5. remove the usb stick form the v7501.
6. reboot the v7501

you should be set!


the script i use is posted below. change your ssid and ssidpassword for your network. you may want to change the v7501 ip address (here it is 192.168.1.202, connecting to main router at 192.168.1.1)
good luck!
Code:

#! /bin/sh
/&/& /sbin/telnetd

### Settings ###
ssid='yourssid'
psk='yourssidpassword'
channel='6'
ip='192.168.1.202'
gateway='192.168.1.1'
dns1='192.168.1.1'
dns2='192.168.1.1'

### Firewall ###
ifconfig eth1.2 192.168.200.1
brctl addif br5 eth1.3
cd /var/net_mgr/exec
./FirewallInit
./FirewallNone

### Catch Multiple Executions ###
if [ -f /tmp/started ]; then exit 0; fi
touch /tmp/started

### Housekeeping ###
killall udhcpc
killall pppoe-relay
brctl delif br0 wl0
brctl delif br0 eth1.3
brctl delif br0 usb0
brctl delif br2 wl0.1
ifconfig br0 down
ifconfig br1 down
ifconfig br2 down
ifconfig br3 down
ifconfig br4 down
ifconfig usb0 down
ifconfig wl0.1 down
echo "nameserver ${dns1}" > /var/etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver ${dns2}" >> /var/etc/resolv.conf

### Wireless Client ###
wl ap 0
wl wet 1
wl channel $channel
wl scan
wl scanresults
ifconfig wl0 $ip
killall nas
nas -P /var/nas.sta.pid -H 34954 -i wl0 -S -m 128 -k $psk -s $ssid -w 4 -g 3600 > /dev/null 2>&1 &

### Set up bridge ###
while [ $(ping -c 1 $gateway | grep -c "1 packets received") -eq 0 ]; do echo 1 > /dev/zero; done
brctl addif br5 wl0
ifconfig wl0 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig eth1.3 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig br5 $ip up
route add default gw $gateway br5

### Print Server ###
hostname printserver202
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp0 c 180 0
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp1 c 180 1
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp2 c 180 2
mkdir -p /var/lock/subsys
mkdir /var/printserver
while [ ! -f /var/printserver/p910nd ]
do
cp /WFIO/p910nd /var/printserver/p910nd
done
cp /WFIO/usblp.ko /var/printserver/usblp.ko
chmod +x /var/printserver/*
insmod /var/printserver/usblp.ko
killall p910nd
/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp0 0
/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp1 1
#/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp2 2

### Keep Alive ###
while [ $(ping -c 1 $gateway | grep -c "1 packets received") -eq 0 ]; do echo 1 > /dev/zero; done
foo='$('
echo "while [ 1 ]; do
  if [ ${foo}ping -c 1 ${gateway} | grep -c '1 packets received') -eq 0 ]; then
    brctl delif br5 wl0
    ifconfig br5 0.0.0.0
    ifconfig wl0 ${ip}
    ping -q -c 2 ${ip} > /dev/zero
    ifconfig wl0 0.0.0.0
    brctl addif br5 wl0
    ifconfig br5 ${ip}
    route add default gw ${gateway} br5
    ping -q -c 31 ${ip} > /dev/zero
  fi
  ping -q -c 2 ${ip} > /dev/zero #one second pause
done" > /tmp/keepalive.sh
sh /tmp/keepalive.sh &



Thank you for putting this together.
I have a Westell 7501 from Feb 2010 sale and never open the package yet. Came across with this forum and decided to play with it.
Planning to connect it to my existing 2 wire 1701HG modem/router as a client bridge.
However, I am not interested in USB/Print Server features. Just curious, where can I find p910nd and usblp.ko files? Spent hours reading flipping through pages but I'm lost. Can you help a newbie with intstructions how to set my 7501 as client bridge without USB/Print server features?
Sponsor
wynstan
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Posts: 11

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
You can find the binaries below.

https://sites.google.com/a/tds.net/unlock-your-verizon-westell-7501-wireless-g-router/documents
koolit
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 20 Jan 2011
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
wynstan wrote:
You can find the binaries below.

https://sites.google.com/a/tds.net/unlock-your-verizon-westell-7501-wireless-g-router/documents

Thank you, much appreciated Cool
firesam
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 20:35    Post subject: WAN port static IP from masquerading pc? Reply with quote
Is there a way to use this router connecting to another pc to get internet through the pc? My pc is set up that it shares the internet connection through the ethernet port. currently i can access the internet wirelessly by connecting the pc with internet access to a LAN port and setting a static ip and setting dns and gateway.
If i connect to the WAN port then i can use dhcp i think. the router would work like a regular connection to a modem.
the pc is connecting to the internet via a usb modem. thats why i want to go through the pc and not directly through the router.
calee4nyaboy
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got an easy question. I am getting ready to mod my 7501 with Lemonade. On the Lemonade site, the instructions seem a little off regarding formatting the flash drive. The website says the following two things:

- Get a USB2.0 drive (flash or hdd; small or larger - 8GB or bigger is better for music & video.
- Format your USB drive as a single partition with vfat or fat16 as the file system, master boot partition.

These two things don’t jive together. He says using an 8 GB flash is good for music and video (meaning 8 GB is supported). BUT, he says to make it ONE partition on the flash drive. You can’t format ONE 8 GB partition with vfat or fat16, correct? And if you formatted four partitions of 2 GB each then it wouldn’t be ONE partition as he instructs it to be. So whats the deal? I thought you had to have FAT32 or NTFS to do 8 GB or bigger partitions (neither of those file systems are supported). I REALLY wish FAT32 was supported with Lemonade as I would have just done that.

These instructions don’t make sense to me. Am I missing something? Somebody, please fill me in.

Thanks!

P.S. Anyone know a decent utility to format vFat as I’d rather have that than FAT16.
calee4nyaboy
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:55    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
ghoffman wrote:
v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes!
i've set my v7501 as above. connects to wpa2/aes main router, and can wirelessly share usb printers.
i've added the p910nd print server software into /WFIO via a usb stick once. it then survives reboot.
thus thus setup does not need a usb stick to launch.

to set up:
1. reset router, disable public lan, and disable dhcp on private lan (see page 49)
2. upload custom frewall script below. save, then apply, then reboot.
3. copy p910nd and usblp.ko onto an empty usb stick, and mount this stick on the router. (see page 44 post from anonomouse)
4. copy these files to the folder /WFIO on the router by telnetting in:
telnet 192.168.1.202
cp /var/usb_mount/p910nd /WFIO
cp /var/usb_mount/usblp.ko /WFIO
remember, it takes a few seconds to write to /WFIO, so be patient.
5. remove the usb stick form the v7501.
6. reboot the v7501

you should be set!


the script i use is posted below. change your ssid and ssidpassword for your network. you may want to change the v7501 ip address (here it is 192.168.1.202, connecting to main router at 192.168.1.1)
good luck!
Code:

#! /bin/sh
/&/& /sbin/telnetd

### Settings ###
ssid='yourssid'
psk='yourssidpassword'
channel='6'
ip='192.168.1.202'
gateway='192.168.1.1'
dns1='192.168.1.1'
dns2='192.168.1.1'

### Firewall ###
ifconfig eth1.2 192.168.200.1
brctl addif br5 eth1.3
cd /var/net_mgr/exec
./FirewallInit
./FirewallNone

### Catch Multiple Executions ###
if [ -f /tmp/started ]; then exit 0; fi
touch /tmp/started

### Housekeeping ###
killall udhcpc
killall pppoe-relay
brctl delif br0 wl0
brctl delif br0 eth1.3
brctl delif br0 usb0
brctl delif br2 wl0.1
ifconfig br0 down
ifconfig br1 down
ifconfig br2 down
ifconfig br3 down
ifconfig br4 down
ifconfig usb0 down
ifconfig wl0.1 down
echo "nameserver ${dns1}" > /var/etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver ${dns2}" >> /var/etc/resolv.conf

### Wireless Client ###
wl ap 0
wl wet 1
wl channel $channel
wl scan
wl scanresults
ifconfig wl0 $ip
killall nas
nas -P /var/nas.sta.pid -H 34954 -i wl0 -S -m 128 -k $psk -s $ssid -w 4 -g 3600 > /dev/null 2>&1 &

### Set up bridge ###
while [ $(ping -c 1 $gateway | grep -c "1 packets received") -eq 0 ]; do echo 1 > /dev/zero; done
brctl addif br5 wl0
ifconfig wl0 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig eth1.3 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig br5 $ip up
route add default gw $gateway br5

### Print Server ###
hostname printserver202
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp0 c 180 0
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp1 c 180 1
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp2 c 180 2
mkdir -p /var/lock/subsys
mkdir /var/printserver
while [ ! -f /var/printserver/p910nd ]
do
cp /WFIO/p910nd /var/printserver/p910nd
done
cp /WFIO/usblp.ko /var/printserver/usblp.ko
chmod +x /var/printserver/*
insmod /var/printserver/usblp.ko
killall p910nd
/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp0 0
/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp1 1
#/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp2 2

### Keep Alive ###
while [ $(ping -c 1 $gateway | grep -c "1 packets received") -eq 0 ]; do echo 1 > /dev/zero; done
foo='$('
echo "while [ 1 ]; do
  if [ ${foo}ping -c 1 ${gateway} | grep -c '1 packets received') -eq 0 ]; then
    brctl delif br5 wl0
    ifconfig br5 0.0.0.0
    ifconfig wl0 ${ip}
    ping -q -c 2 ${ip} > /dev/zero
    ifconfig wl0 0.0.0.0
    brctl addif br5 wl0
    ifconfig br5 ${ip}
    route add default gw ${gateway} br5
    ping -q -c 31 ${ip} > /dev/zero
  fi
  ping -q -c 2 ${ip} > /dev/zero #one second pause
done" > /tmp/keepalive.sh
sh /tmp/keepalive.sh &





I spent hours and hours trying to get this to work with no success. What a waste of time. The script would never save correctly and then the router GUI became unaccessable. Even after power cycling it, the GUI would not come up. I was forced to do a factory reset. The instructions are lacking. It does not say whether it works with WEP (which I am forced to use on my network, currently). It does not say whether I am supposed to go into the GUI and change it's wireless settings to match the settings in the script. Others have posted similar things saying they couldn't get this to work.

Before things like this are posted, someone should sit down with a completely stock 7501 and write down EVERY SINGLE step that is required to make this a client bridge. They should be written so a 4 year old can simply follow and reproduce them so all of us dont waste 6 hours with nothing to show for it.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry, a little frustrated right now. Ironically, I really need one of my 7501's to be a client bridge so I had high hopes for this, oh well.
sheffy6
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 21:21    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
calee4nyaboy wrote:

I spent hours and hours trying to get this to work with no success. What a waste of time. The script would never save correctly and then the router GUI became unaccessable. Even after power cycling it, the GUI would not come up. I was forced to do a factory reset. The instructions are lacking. It does not say whether it works with WEP (which I am forced to use on my network, currently). It does not say whether I am supposed to go into the GUI and change it's wireless settings to match the settings in the script. Others have posted similar things saying they couldn't get this to work.

Before things like this are posted, someone should sit down with a completely stock 7501 and write down EVERY SINGLE step that is required to make this a client bridge. They should be written so a 4 year old can simply follow and reproduce them so all of us dont waste 6 hours with nothing to show for it.

Just my 2 cents. Sorry, a little frustrated right now. Ironically, I really need one of my 7501's to be a client bridge so I had high hopes for this, oh well.


Wow man... How about "Thanks for all the hard work guys. I know you have lots of other things you could be doing, so I appreciate the info you've posted here. However, I'm not smart enough to figure it out by myself. Here is the problem I'm having... <INSERT PROBLEM HERE>. Any ideas?"

I spent a couple of hours on this and I was able to get it working as a client bridge, using WEP, and as a print server. I also use it to connect my 8x8 VOIP phone to my network and it is working great! I saw the same issues you saw with the script not saving, so I did have to do a factory reset several times before I got it working (luckily it only takes a few seconds). Unfortunately I didn't write down the exact steps I took to finally get it working. However, it does work and below is my script using WEP. Props to everyone who worked on this. It's been rock solid for 2 weeks!

Also, once I got it working I could no longer connect to the web client at 192.168.200.1 (hard wired with manual IP 192.168.200.2 set for my laptop), but I can connect to the web client on 192.168.0.3.

Code:

#! /bin/sh
/&/& /sbin/telnetd

### Settings ###
ssid='MYSSID'
psk='MYWEPKEY'
channel='7'
ip='192.168.0.3'
gateway='192.168.0.1'
dns1='192.168.0.1'
dns2='192.168.0.1'

### Firewall ###
ifconfig eth1.2 192.168.200.1
brctl addif br5 eth1.3
cd /var/net_mgr/exec
./FirewallInit
./FirewallNone

### Catch Multiple Executions ###
if [ -f /tmp/started ]; then exit 0; fi
touch /tmp/started

### Housekeeping ###
killall udhcpc
killall pppoe-relay
brctl delif br0 wl0
brctl delif br0 eth1.3
brctl delif br0 usb0
brctl delif br2 wl0.1
ifconfig br0 down
ifconfig br1 down
ifconfig br2 down
ifconfig br3 down
ifconfig br4 down
ifconfig usb0 down
ifconfig wl0.1 down
echo "nameserver ${dns1}" > /var/etc/resolv.conf
echo "nameserver ${dns2}" >> /var/etc/resolv.conf

### Wireless Client ###
wl ap 0
wl wsec 1
wl wet 1
wl channel $channel
wl scan
wl scanresults
wl join $ssid key $psk
ifconfig wl0 $ip

### Set up bridge ###
while [ $(ping -c 1 $gateway | grep -c "1 packets received") -eq 0 ]; do echo 1 > /dev/zero; done
brctl addif br5 wl0
ifconfig wl0 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig eth1.3 0.0.0.0 up
ifconfig br5 $ip up
route add default gw $gateway br5

### Print Server ###
hostname printserver202
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp0 c 180 0
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp1 c 180 1
mknod -m 660 /var/dev/lp2 c 180 2
mkdir -p /var/lock/subsys
mkdir /var/printserver
while [ ! -f /var/printserver/p910nd ]
do
cp /WFIO/p910nd /var/printserver/p910nd
done
cp /WFIO/usblp.ko /var/printserver/usblp.ko
chmod +x /var/printserver/*
insmod /var/printserver/usblp.ko
killall p910nd
/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp0 0
/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp1 1
#/var/printserver/p910nd -b -f /var/dev/lp2 2

### Keep Alive ###
while [ $(ping -c 1 $gateway | grep -c "1 packets received") -eq 0 ]; do echo 1 > /dev/zero; done
foo='$('
echo "while [ 1 ]; do
  if [ ${foo}ping -c 1 ${gateway} | grep -c '1 packets received') -eq 0 ]; then
    brctl delif br5 wl0
    ifconfig br5 0.0.0.0
    ifconfig wl0 ${ip}
    ping -q -c 2 ${ip} > /dev/zero
    ifconfig wl0 0.0.0.0
    brctl addif br5 wl0
    ifconfig br5 ${ip}
    route add default gw ${gateway} br5
    ping -q -c 31 ${ip} > /dev/zero
  fi
  ping -q -c 2 ${ip} > /dev/zero #one second pause
done" > /tmp/keepalive.sh
sh /tmp/keepalive.sh &
calee4nyaboy
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:57    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
sheffy6 wrote:

Wow man... How about "Thanks for all the hard work guys. I know you have lots of other things you could be doing, so I appreciate the info you've posted here. However, I'm not smart enough to figure it out by myself. Here is the problem I'm having... <INSERT PROBLEM HERE>. Any ideas?"

I spent a couple of hours on this and I was able to get it working as a client bridge, using WEP, and as a print server. I also use it to connect my 8x8 VOIP phone to my network and it is working great! I saw the same issues you saw with the script not saving, so I did have to do a factory reset several times before I got it working (luckily it only takes a few seconds). Unfortunately I didn't write down the exact steps I took to finally get it working.



Wow man….it's very annoying when someone doesn't fully read and/or understand the scope of a post and writes something stupid like the above comment. This method does NOT work. I spent ANOTHER four hours on it (again) tonight and THE SCRIPT WONT SAVE. I tried it a million times. Sorry, but garbage in, garbage out is what comes to mind here. 1000 people probably sat down for hours trying unsuccessfully to follow these instructions. That’s A LOT of peoples wasted time, including me.

So, understand my frustration (and everybody elses) for following someone's incorrect instructions. Your post, by the way, doesn’t help the situation at all because your script wouldn't save either, then you say that you did not write down what method finally worked after you, yourself, worked on it for hours. Lots of help there, buddy.

Now, will someone PLEASE make a simple, reproducible method for getting this client mode to work. Don't just tell us you got it working but don't know how. Thats about as helpful as telling me to spread peanut butter on the circuit board of this router…cuz that’s about the only thing I haven’t tried. Sounds appealing right about now, though. Can you tell this router is getting on my nerves? Soooo sad DD-WRT wont currently run on it because I’d have client mode working in under 20 seconds. Long live DD-WRT.
SearchForMission
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 18:42    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
Boy, with the attitude you are portraying, not even I would help you. You are the most ungrateful and demanding person I ever came across. Grow up boy. Reality check! These people are gracious enough to test and write down what they have done. If you need clarification, then ask here. Man, I am glad I am not working for you :roll:


calee4nyaboy wrote:
sheffy6 wrote:

Wow man... How about "Thanks for all the hard work guys. I know you have lots of other things you could be doing, so I appreciate the info you've posted here. However, I'm not smart enough to figure it out by myself. Here is the problem I'm having... <INSERT PROBLEM HERE>. Any ideas?"

I spent a couple of hours on this and I was able to get it working as a client bridge, using WEP, and as a print server. I also use it to connect my 8x8 VOIP phone to my network and it is working great! I saw the same issues you saw with the script not saving, so I did have to do a factory reset several times before I got it working (luckily it only takes a few seconds). Unfortunately I didn't write down the exact steps I took to finally get it working.



Wow man….it's very annoying when someone doesn't fully read and/or understand the scope of a post and writes something stupid like the above comment. This method does NOT work. I spent ANOTHER four hours on it (again) tonight and THE SCRIPT WONT SAVE. I tried it a million times. Sorry, but garbage in, garbage out is what comes to mind here. 1000 people probably sat down for hours trying unsuccessfully to follow these instructions. That’s A LOT of peoples wasted time, including me.

So, understand my frustration (and everybody elses) for following someone's incorrect instructions. Your post, by the way, doesn’t help the situation at all because your script wouldn't save either, then you say that you did not write down what method finally worked after you, yourself, worked on it for hours. Lots of help there, buddy.

Now, will someone PLEASE make a simple, reproducible method for getting this client mode to work. Don't just tell us you got it working but don't know how. Thats about as helpful as telling me to spread peanut butter on the circuit board of this router…cuz that’s about the only thing I haven’t tried. Sounds appealing right about now, though. Can you tell this router is getting on my nerves? Soooo sad DD-WRT wont currently run on it because I’d have client mode working in under 20 seconds. Long live DD-WRT.
calee4nyaboy
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:31    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
SearchForMission wrote:
Boy, with the attitude you are portraying, not even I would help you. You are the most ungrateful and demanding person I ever came across. Grow up boy. Reality check! These people are gracious enough to test and write down what they have done. If you need clarification, then ask here. Man, I am glad I am not working for you Rolling Eyes


What a STUPID first post! Welcome to the forum noobie. If you can't help the issue at hand, shut your mouth.
ez2kill
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:34    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
calee4nyaboy wrote:
SearchForMission wrote:
Boy, with the attitude you are portraying, not even I would help you. You are the most ungrateful and demanding person I ever came across. Grow up boy. Reality check! These people are gracious enough to test and write down what they have done. If you need clarification, then ask here. Man, I am glad I am not working for you Rolling Eyes


What a STUPID first post! Welcome to the forum noobie. If you can't help the issue at hand, shut your mouth.

Luckily partner this is not my first post or you would flame me for that too. It does not take a long time poster here to know what good manners are. You insist that you and many others do not understand the directions, but the evidence shows it is just you. It apparently DOES work when you said it did not, because several have posted with their positive feedback. Now as suggested you can calm down and ask nicely for clarification or you can start from scratch and write a set of directions for yourself.

I am afraid, that like the others, I am not getting through to you either and you will post something bitter. I do understand because I have had some of the same issues. I have followed this thread from the beginning and am still waiting on a simpler method for myself to flash my router as I have many others.

Just know that in the big picture an 8$ router is not equal to the feelings of neighbors here at DDwrt. The good Lord would have us to be kind to one another and treat others as we would like to be treated. I want to thank all of those who have worked so hard on this project.
EZ out
calee4nyaboy
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Posts: 81

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:03    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
ez2kill wrote:
I am afraid, that like the others, I am not getting through to you either and you will post something bitter. I do understand because I have had some of the same issues. I have followed this thread from the beginning and am still waiting on a simpler method for myself to flash my router as I have many others.

Just know that in the big picture an 8$ router is not equal to the feelings of neighbors here at DDwrt. The good Lord would have us to be kind to one another and treat others as we would like to be treated. I want to thank all of those who have worked so hard on this project.
EZ out


Wow, where do I begin? First you say that it’s “just me” who is having problems understanding this procedure? Then you go on to say “I do understand because I have had some of the same issues. I have followed this thread from the beginning and am still waiting on a simpler method for myself to flash my router as I have many others.” Sounds to me like youre in the exact same boat, buddy! So who do you think you are posting some BS in here? Um, yeah, that makes A LOT of sense! Unbelievable some of the logic, or lack-there-of, in some people.

Second, then you talk about it being an $8 router. (I happened to get three at $6 each) Anyway, I don’t care if this router cost 50 damn cents. That does not excuse putting lame instructions that don’t work on a website for 7501 owners to sit down and waste their time on.

Third, leave the “good lord” out of this because he’s just a fairy tale in your head. Go on a religious site to have theological discussions.

Fourth, and I want to be very clear here: THIS HAS NOTHING WHAT-SO-EVER TO DO WITH THE DD-WRT FORUM OR IT’S FOLKS HERE. This router is NOT supported by DD-WRT in anyway shape or forum. This started off of the Lemonade mod. which is a totally different website. I have great thanks to the guy at Lemonade who made this router do the things it can do above and beyond the stock firmware.

What this DOES have to do with is a random person posting instructions, that as posted, DO NOT WORK which even you admit.

So, quit posting about how I’m annoyed that me and so many people have wasted our time on these instructions, and instead, offer instructions or a solution that DOES work. Is that so much to ask? I am at a loss at the few people who have not understood the real issue here. Some bitch slapping is definitely in order here.
ez2kill
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Like I figured sis, you are just an unhappy rude jerk who thinks the world revolves around him. while I am still in a free country I can refer to the deity as I like. I said I had some of the same issues of a kind but not the same you have like being rude. While I am concerned that you are so rude and angry and obviously a Godless person who has no hope. I am also sure that you are very brave when it comes to type. Because if you spoke to me in person as you have to me and other here, I would make you back up your threats, and I have found they are mostly hollow.

But we could flame from now on unfortunately and you are now only concerned with being disagreeable instead of fixing you even cheaper router.

I will pray for you in my fairytale way that may you find peace in you entire life as well as your router life.
EZ out
ghoffman
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 453

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:32    Post subject: Re: v7501 working as client bridge printserver with wpa2/aes Reply with quote
[quote="calee4nyaboy
Some bitch slapping is definitely in order here.[/quote]

most people enjoy trial and error, and the successive approximation process to try make things better. if that's not for you, maybe this isn't a good place for you.
i'm quite sure that if you spent time to carefully follow the directions in my post under the heading 'to set up' - which are explicit and sequential - you'd be able to get the router to work, including the script to stay. there is a lag between clicking a button on the verizon gui and the action, so be patient.
matt91
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Sep 2009
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Can anyone who has successfully follow these instructions to setup the 7501 as a "wireless switch" help me out?
https://sites.google.com/a/tds.net/unlock-your-verizon-westell-7501-wireless-g-router/home/make-entire-network-visible

All I need to do is setup the 7501 as a secondary access point. My main DDWRT router can handle the DHCP, etc. So these instructions seem spot-on.

However, I get stuck every time on them.
Quote:

We will assume the following:

* your router that has stock/default settings
* you are connected to the router and can view the its web interface
* the router is connected to your network & modem via the WAN port
* your DSL/Cable modem has a working DHCP server and you know its address range


Should I be using a static IP on my laptop? or DHCP? I would think static, but I actually seem to have more luck with DHCP.

Quote:

2. Disable Private LAN, and enable Public LAN (but with the DHCP function disabled). Use a static IP setting and enter subnet, gateway (of your cable/dsl modem) and other needed settings. Save your settings and make sure you can still connect to your router.


There is a DHCP server option on the Private LAN page - should that be turned on or off?

On the public LAN page, the instructions state that there is a place to enter "gateway (of your cable/dsl modem) and other needed settings." however I don't see any of that. I do see a spot to pick a static IP for the 7501 and enter the subnet, but that's it. I'm not sure if there is a page I'm missing, or if the directions are mistaken.


Appreciate it if anyone can give me a push in the right direction.
Matt
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 51 of 55
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum