IMPULSE DRIVE on my wrt54gs v1 (usb mod)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
skrappjaw
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
The other side of the custom PCB. Only difference between this and my schem is that i jumped the 5v from the 7805 to one usb then to the other usb.
Sponsor
crazy8
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have been reading through this and I have just a few questions that I haven't found answers for. First off I just (last night) flashed my first 2 54G's One is a v2.0 and the other an 8.0. The v2.0 has BBHN (broadband-Hamnet) flashed on it for mesh networking and then the v8.0 has DD-WRT.

I would like to have USB functionality to both routers if possible. Here is what I am wondering...
1. Are all Linksys WRT routers capable of USB, if not which ones are?
2. Is USB 2.0 or 3.0 supported?
3. I noticed that some people have mentioned the solder points on the board being in different spots than what may have been mentioned due to a different version router, will these points still be correct even if they are in different spots on your version board?
4. What tip would be recommended for this type of soldering? I have a Weller 40w, have done some soldering in the past, but am not sure what tip would work best for this. I did see a pic somewhere of a guy who used a tip that look like to wires coming off his iron that were bent in such a way that the tension of the wires could not only touch both end of the surface mount resister, but could also kind of "pinch" them for easy removal. Any ideas?

Thanks for all of the information in this posting. It has been very informative.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Display posts from previous:    Page 6 of 6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: