Please help with a DHCP related issues, as well as others.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:50    Post subject: Please help with a DHCP related issues, as well as others. Reply with quote
I have WRT54GS v2.1 with DD-WRT v24-sp2 (10/10/09) mega
(SVN revision 13064). Over time, I have been having issues with clients connecting to the network. Whether it be wireless or wired, the computers have a hard time obtaining a DHCP address. If they are wired, they do eventually obtain one, but it takes about a minute and a half or more. I am not sure if this is because something is corrupt, or I have put a setting in wrong and thus made the client time renewal longer then usual.

However, we have had several people complain about clients being unable to connect, or just in general issues.

I tried clearing out the configuration settings and set up the settings again. That didn't work. Could it possibly be a corrupt saved running config in NVRAM?
Sponsor
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
Start with the second link in my signature....I didn't find 13064 to be a great build....

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
I am not quite sure I follow you Donny, I read it over about three times, but I don't see how it quite relates to my problem.

The issues stated there, seem to only reference the router being in a bridged mode or client mode, while mine is set to AP. I don't have a problem grabbing a WAN IP either.

Maybe I am missing something?
Donny
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
13064 had connection issues for some people. Try a recommended build. 13064 is not recommended by 'us'. See note 3.

Peacock Thread Sticky- Just read it! (Anyone using SP1 will be taken out back and shot)
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51486
Paceline
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
GH0 wrote:
I am not quite sure I follow you Donny, I read it over about three times, but I don't see how it quite relates to my problem.

The issues stated there, seem to only reference the router being in a bridged mode or client mode, while mine is set to AP. I don't have a problem grabbing a WAN IP either.

Maybe I am missing something?

Do you have 'Filter WAN NAT Redirection' checked under the 'Security' then 'Firewall' tab??? Whilst having that enabled, it caused me grief with clients obtaining DHCP either wired or wireless...
GH0
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Donny wrote:
13064 had connection issues for some people. Try a recommended build. 13064 is not recommended by 'us'. See note 3.

Ah alright, I will try a different build version after I get off of work, and no one is online except for me.
rakstr
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 16:13    Post subject: Populating DHCP Reservations Reply with quote
I am a proud owner of a new RT-N16 running 13309M and it looks great. Looking forward to participating in more of these discussions.

I keep about 20-30 DHCP reservations on my home network for cameras, DVRs, ... On every router I have ever had, I've been able to easily "transfer" these reservations to the new router by setting the LAN to the correct subnet, replacing the old router with the new, allow the devices to reconnect and most of them keep their IPs based on the lease time and show up in the connected list on the router. HERE is where my issue begins. All the other routers have always had a selection drop down or some other mechanism to populate the MAC/Device Name/IP from the connected list into the DHCP reservations table. ALSO, all other routers have automatically changed the subnet of the DHCP reservations automatically if I changed the subnet of the router's LAN. PLEASE tell me I am missing something. The entry mechanism I am seeing is extremely tedious and error prone.

THANKS in advance!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: