Asus RT-N10

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sorry for my noobness but I'm confused.

The wiki has the RT-N10 in the supported device list.

The router database lists this device as supported with a big green Yes next to it's name.

Yet when you select the particular device you are not presented with any download options.

The link cdkiller posted contains one file which is a mini (I suppose it has no vpn support).

Is this device supported or are both the wiki and the device pages erroneous? Is it possible to get dd-wrt with openvpn client running on this gateway? (first flash with mini then flash with some unknown vpn build?)

Any help would be appreciated, I too bought this router since I saw it as supported and have a few days to return it if it is not.
Sponsor
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
The developer has not yet announced support for the RT-N10 in the forum but it looks like some optimistic tester has entered it into the support database.

The developer has the last say so it is currently not supported, still a work in progress.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Couldn't have been a tester because if they had tested it they would have seen neither of the files would work I tried the 13525 and 13637 version twice for a total for 4 tries and the same outcome. Oh well,
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the info.

I edited the wiki to explicitly say the router is not currently supported, which is what is said here. As it was it was misleading. I did end up buying an AP which I will promptly return.

I think somebody higher up the food chain needs to edit the router database to change that big green Yes in the supported section to a NO. It is very misleading as it is currently, the current state being the opposite of correct.
Hondo88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
wrote:

I just bought a couple of RT-N10s based on the wiki list of supported devices and was all set up to flash.

I did the same thing. Well, just 1. Saw the big YES (supported), but failed to dig any deeper...
Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.
cdkiller
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hondo88 wrote:
I did the same thing. Well, just 1. Saw the big YES (supported), but failed to dig any deeper...
Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.

From what I see in the timeline, full support should be in the next release. I went ahead and ordered a RT-N10, hopefully to replace my WHR-G125.

Just a heads up, I paid $31.49 with free shipping from Buy.com Very Happy Get yours before stocks run out or the price goes up.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
It is "kinda" working - if you don't need lan port 4 and some wireless options (no N speeds - only up to 54Mbps). I'll check if anything can be done today and then post here test firmware.
benmcnelly
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 0:24    Post subject: ORLY?! Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
It is "kinda" working

Hey, I bought one on sale thinking dd-wrt would work too, so if you need a beta tester let me know Surprised

I have a borrowed wrt54gl, so I am not depending on the asus right now, and would love to test out a dd-wrt build. If it works it works and if not I can help debug it.
scribebox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 0:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
yea i just ordered one off buy.com, i already have the wl-520gc on the way, but i seen it only supports ddwrt micro :/.. anyway, im down to beta test.

thanks
fatihinag
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
i bought rt-n10 and waiting for new supported firmware Smile
SlickFerret
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Me too, it said it was supported.

BTW, you guys rock!
BurtonSnol3order
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
This Asus firmware is driving me nuts... it needs a reset like every single day. I was spoiled a linksys 54gl running dd-wrt and I miss the stability so very much. Please get back to us on the firmware whenever it gets done. I'm about to throw this router out the darn window... (I know begging doesn't get it here any faster, but it sure makes me feel better)
oldgarfield
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
BurtonSnol3order wrote:
This Asus firmware is driving me nuts... it needs a reset like every single day. I was spoiled a linksys 54gl running dd-wrt and I miss the stability so very much. Please get back to us on the firmware whenever it gets done. I'm about to throw this router out the darn window... (I know begging doesn't get it here any faster, but it sure makes me feel better)

I bought this router also. But I am still using my 4-year-old non-DDWRT-able D-Link router, and waiting...
cdkiller
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Build 13832 is out. Anyone willing to try it on their N10?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 19:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
cdkiller wrote:
Build 13832 is out. Anyone willing to try it on their N10?

Did, No wireless. It loads but will not connect a CB or even show up as a access point. It won't connect to anything even though it will at times pick up access points but won't connect.
I even tried messing with X-mit power. Encryption, No encryption, no dice.

WRT310n V1 CB BS 15337 Mini K2.6
WRT310n V1 Main BS 15337 K2.6
WRT54GL V1.1 RB
Asus RT-N16 BS13832 Big
2x RT-N10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 15
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: