TENDA W311R - Bad flash recover and Install dd-wrt firmware!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
konnichiwa2222 wrote:
I got good something but after step "
Quote:
Write the firmware name that you want to upload (and it is located under c:\tftp folder ... in our case new_firmware.bin) like this and hit enter
"

always " time out .."
It seem can not connect to ip 192.168.0.1
I try to ping 192.168.0.1 but no luck.

Please help me

Your computer must have got STATIC IP ON NETWORK CARD !!! Please read carefully 1st kapastratos' post
Sponsor
konnichiwa2222
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
[/quote]
Your computer must have got STATIC IP ON NETWORK CARD !!! Please read carefully 1st kapastratos' post[/quote]

Yes, I already set ip for my network card :
but no luck. I dont know why
sajjadhalai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
i have problem in tenda 311r version 2.0
when i click upgrade for firmware , it says file size must be less than 704kb.
sajjadhalai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
could some describe the way for upgrading Firmware.. using Tenda TFTP?
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
sajjadhalai wrote:
i have problem in tenda 311r version 2.0
when i click upgrade for firmware , it says file size must be less than 704kb.

Which firmware did you upload ? And which was the firmware before upgrade ?

I did update and brick my W311R+. My firmware before upgrade was H2_v3.2.4h. after wrong upgrade H2_v3.2.4.02s
sajjadhalai
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
dont remember.
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
sajjadhalai wrote:
dont remember.

Did you update it firmware ? If "yes", please try to remembre it is very important. What mistake it takes and you can not update ?
easyyu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:28    Post subject: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
I made maxim 232 chematic and I try to recover my Tenda w311R+ router, but when I power router in putty I recive this message (only at 57600 baudrate) LOOK AT THE PICTURE.
What can be the problem?
It stop here I try 20-30 times to plug in and out router power supplay but same!
Is that mean that my router is totaly bricked?

If I use default boudrate 9600 i recive in putty unrecognized symbols..just in 57600boudrate speet it show me text (attachment)

I supply my schematic with 5V but try with 3,3V and same situation.
Please help!
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:42    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
easyyu wrote:
I made maxim 232 chematic and I try to recover my Tenda w311R+ router, but when I power router in putty I recive this message (only at 57600 baudrate) LOOK AT THE PICTURE.
What can be the problem?
It stop here I try 20-30 times to plug in and out router power supplay but same!
Is that mean that my router is totaly bricked?

If I use default boudrate 9600 i recive in putty unrecognized symbols..just in 57600boudrate speet it show me text (attachment)

I supply my schematic with 5V but try with 3,3V and same situation.
Please help!

Did you configure the port at right speed in putty?
Try with NO FLOW CONTROW, turn off windows firewall and go to device manager and set up com port as setings as putty then try again.

and pay attention to this post: Ok, i did it, build a serial adapter with a MAX232 and two resistors on the tx-output for the W311R (to get 3,3V) It´s working again! Flashed it with DD-WRT, yeah ...

which firmware you flashed and bricked the router ?
which was the original firmware ?

If you need more help just write here Very Happy
easyyu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 16:42    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:

Try with NO FLOW CONTROW, turn off windows firewall and go to device manager and set up com port as setings as putty then try again.

and pay attention to this post: Ok, i did it, build a serial adapter with a MAX232 and two resistors on the tx-output for the W311R (to get 3,3V) It´s working again! Flashed it with DD-WRT, yeah ...

First off all thanks to "TendaW311R+" user to helping me!
Yes the only right speed is 57600 all other speed give me uncecognized caracters on putty serial connection!
Yes, I try to turn off flow control and same try to det settings as in putty in serial port and yes I turned off win firewall and ESET NOD firewall.

This part of text:
Ok, i did it, build a serial adapter with a MAX232 and two resistors on the tx-output for the W311R (to get 3,3V) It´s working again! Flashed it with DD-WRT, yeah ...
is not clear for me!
Which two resistor? Where to put? How many Ohm?
Can you put some picture?
Is it correct to supplay max232 with 5V or with 3.3V?
Why in my putty window write that I have 256KB?

I don't know what happent with router.My friend give me if I know to repair it. He said that he didn't flash with any firmware, but when I power router only power led shining. So there is no system on router, he doesn't booting, but when I connect tenda UPT cable in any yellow port to other swtch/router in switch I see that it led diode comes on!
So..please help me and advice me!
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 17:49    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
easyyu wrote:
TendaW311R+ wrote:

First off all thanks to "TendaW311R+" user to helping me!
Yes the only right speed is 57600 all other speed give me uncecognized caracters on putty serial connection!
Yes, I try to turn off flow control and same try to det settings as in putty in serial port and yes I turned off win firewall and ESET NOD firewall.

This part of text:
Ok, i did it, build a serial adapter with a MAX232 and two resistors on the tx-output for the W311R (to get 3,3V) It´s working again! Flashed it with DD-WRT, yeah ...
is not clear for me!
Which two resistor? Where to put? How many Ohm?
Can you put some picture?
Is it correct to supplay max232 with 5V or with 3.3V?
Why in my putty window write that I have 256KB?

I don't know what happent with router.My friend give me if I know to repair it. He said that he didn't flash with any firmware, but when I power router only power led shining. So there is no system on router, he doesn't booting, but when I connect tenda UPT cable in any yellow port to other swtch/router in switch I see that it led diode comes on!
So..please help me and advice me!

Hm, interesting. Did you test the power adapter ? - use multimeter to test it. It seems for me that there is a problem with some chip or power level or baybe the router is die. Maybe bootloader is dead. In first post of kapastratos the size is different and the start is different

According to resistors: I think that it can work without resistor but the text in terminal will not be readable or hard readable.

Did you read my posts in this topic ?
I had tenda w311r+ and damage pins (tx,rx,gnd).

Please tell me what solder did you use because I want to buy one for me to learn how to solder. I want universal one.
easyyu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 23:12    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:

Hm, interesting. Did you test the power adapter ? - use multimeter to test it. It seems for me that there is a problem with some chip or power level or baybe the router is die. Maybe bootloader is dead. In first post of kapastratos the size is different and the start is different

According to resistors: I think that it can work without resistor but the text in terminal will not be readable or hard readable.

Please tell me what solder did you use because I want to buy one for me to learn how to solder. I want universal one.

Yes, I'm test with multimeter and try other adapter for Tenda router it is OK.
The power supplay for max232 is PC power supplay and I try with 3.3V and with 5V. There is no diference.
No didn't find you post about rx tx, but I read whole forum, meybe I do not remember. Tell me the page number and I will find.

So what can I do now?
Is this router fully dead? What can I try yet?

About resistors..where can I find post about resistors? Can you post me here link?

About soldering..I'm buy solder in special electronic store..so I don't know the type of solder.

Can anyone else help me?
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:32    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
easyyu wrote:
TendaW311R+ wrote:

Yes, I'm test with multimeter and try other adapter for Tenda router it is OK.
The power supplay for max232 is PC power supplay and I try with 3.3V and with 5V. There is no diference.
No didn't find you post about rx tx, but I read whole forum, meybe I do not remember. Tell me the page number and I will find.

So what can I do now?
Is this router fully dead? What can I try yet?

About resistors..where can I find post about resistors? Can you post me here link?

About soldering..I'm buy solder in special electronic store..so I don't know the type of solder.

Can anyone else help me?

The post about resistors is in first page of this topic. I think that there is dead chip and you can use router only as a switch. Try to connect some port of router to another router and see if the second router 'see' the mac address of Tenda.
easyyu
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 13:52    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
TendaW311R+ wrote:

The post about resistors is in first page of this topic. I think that there is dead chip and you can use router only as a switch. Try to connect some port of router to another router and see if the second router 'see' the mac address of Tenda.

Ok..I found the story about resistors.
As I understand he only need it to get 3.3V, but he doesn't describe why he used it, which value he used!
Can anyone tell me something abot this?
TendaW311R+
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 14:50    Post subject: Re: Can someone help me? Reply with quote
easyyu wrote:
TendaW311R+ wrote:

Ok..I found the story about resistors.
As I understand he only need it to get 3.3V, but he doesn't describe why he used it, which value he used!
Can anyone tell me something abot this?

Another idea: watch booting from putty and try to connect Tenda to another router/computer and see if there is difference in bootlog
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 23
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: