How do I....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
PBega
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:30    Post subject: How do I.... Reply with quote
I have been asked to install wireless access at a local snack shop. The customer doesn't want to spend a lot, doesn't really want to pay labor. For me, thinking outside the box, I thought to myself if I can create a landing page so that users are directed to a page, "this free wifi brought to you by..." I could then just write it off to advertising and both of us are happy. I've done the typical sign on the wall, but want to do something that stands out. Any suggestions? Don't want to buy internet cafe software as all I want is the landing page. Don't need all the features of logins and charges/payments, etc.
Sponsor
LGH
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
dd-wrt supports NoCatSplash, which - if I understand you correctly - does pretty much what you want. I do not think NoCatSplash is included in all versions of dd-wrt so make sure to download a dd-wrt image that does.

There are detailed instructions in the dd-wrt wiki.

I hope that gets you started in the right direction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: