TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 148, 149, 150  Next
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
well i tried all the settings i could in that link that was posted - the wireless link seems stable during normal use.

although - when online gaming on my computer or on my xbox the link often dies - many times in a single game even.

anyone got any further ideas?
my next plan is to flash the main router to the latest firmware and leave the client on the 14311 firmware and see if that helps at all......
Sponsor
BlackOmega
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm thinking about flashing my 1043nd with DD-WRT, but my main intention in doing so is using EXT3 ou EXT4 as file system on my NAS harddisk, since the NTFS performance on the default firmware sucks really hard (speed and cpu usage), and fat32 has a 4gb file size limit..

BUT, I haven't found much information on how to get samba running on this router.. apparently hdsamba2 only works on broadcom routers, and this router is a atheros one.. I need samba because I want my xbox (using XBMC) to be able to acess the content on the nas, also, it's a whole lot better for windows acess.

Can anyone tell me if SAMBA share is working on the current builds of the DD-WRT firmware for this router???

Also, is overclocking possible using dd-wrt?

I using a 1.5tb harddrive as NAS storage with the default firware, my tests showed me that write perfomance using NTFS as file system, stands at 1-2.5 mb/s TOPS, read speeds are Ok, 7-8mb/s.

Using FAT32 as filesystem I got the same 7-8 mb/s for read and write, but the file size limit on fat32 units really spoils the whole thing.
Diablokiller999
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 15:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got some Problems with my Alice IPTV :(

For testing I turned the whole Firewall off, so multicasting should be allowed. But no lifesigns yet, what did I miss?
By the way, where's the good old vlan box in "setup"?^^
e-ghost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
scottath wrote:
I just got a second 1043ND for my home network.

the new one i am intending on setting up as a client bridge - i have set it up and it works fine - for about 40 minutes.
After ~40-50min it seems to loose the wireless link to the main router (another 1043) - i cannot ping the main router etc - but the new router runs fine as a gigabit switch - just no internet.

I have a tplink 941ND running in client bridge + repeater mode and it works flawlessly.

i have copied the same config across to the new 1043 (rev 1.7) and well - after 40min or so net just dies.

This is running the latest firmware and the one previous too.

Reseting the router (either pull power or via webgui reset) fixes the issue - but again only for 50min or so

Anyone got any ideas on that issue?

EDIT: been doing some googling nad some others had similar issues with other routers and lowering the TX power seemed to help.....i'll give that a go when i get home probably (its set to 20 atm)

Hi scottath, in the place I live, there are a lot of people facing instability after flashing dd-wrt. Seems most of us are hardware v1.6 and v1.7.

http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1504259
(sorry, chinese)

for my own case, i already enabled as few items as possible:
1) i already replaced another brand new v1.7 (including power adaptor) but the same (hang);
2) i disabled wifi completely
3) i haven't enabled qos (those heavy stuff)
4) i haven't enabled any services
5) i only enabled the port forwarding for my in-home web server which, indeed has quite a lot of traffic
6) tried 30/30/30 to re-do the minimal settings also will hang

I got daily 1-3 times hang after flashed to dd-wrt. As you can see, there is really very few I can do. Everything were tried. May be the recent hardware variety caused the instability?

what do you guys think?
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
hmm interesting.

well the new one is a rev 1.7 - the older one is a rev 1.4

might be worth me flashing the 1.7 back to the orginal firmware, running that as the main router and having the 1.4 connect as the wireless bridge to the 1.7.....

Currently ive got the 1.7 as the main router (dd-wrt) and the 1.4 as the client bridge (have tried both configs)

would be worth a try - will try it next weekend when i have some time to play with it.

thanks for the suggestion.
mrkek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I originally posted this in the stock vs dd-wrt firmware thread, but I think it should be in here.

I've got DD-WRT on my D-Link DIR-825, and I tried each as the AP, and each as the client. All is well with wireless security disabled, but as soon as you enable it, it breaks.

I've got a Linksys WRT54GL and it works fine, but the wireless is too slow, hence the upgrade.

The DIR-825 works fine, with the TPLINK as the AP with stock firmware, but I really want it the other way around.
I want the DIR-825 as the AP, so the 5GHhz band works properly, and not routing via the 2.4Ghz connection, but I can't get the TPLINK to work as with client bridge with WPA on.

The TPLINK with DD-WRT on it is the problem, and this is sad as this was why I bought it, so I can stream HD to my PS3 via the tplink's wireless N connection, as G is too slow.

Anyone else able to successfully set the TPlink 1.7 with ddr-wrt to running as client bridge with WPA on, and get it to work??
Mine definately does not work in this mode. Evil or Very Mad
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
so im not the only one struggling with it - well thats good and bad.
good - its not me
bad - its not working.....
e-ghost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
something not right for dd-wrt on v1.6 or v1.7 1043ND. I found that:

a) stock firmware (2010/08 latest) should be considered stable. but it lack the functions that enabled me to buy it;
b) dd-wrt-r14311 may be really more stable then all later or earlier version. but, of course, it will still hang.... Crying or Very sad

may be dd-wrt need to split a branch to support newer hardware version of 1043ND?
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
e-ghost wrote:
something not right for dd-wrt on v1.6 or v1.7 1043ND. I found that:

a) stock firmware (2010/08 latest) should be considered stable. but it lack the functions that enabled me to buy it;
b) dd-wrt-r14311 may be really more stable then all later or earlier version. but, of course, it will still hang.... Crying or Very sad

may be dd-wrt need to split a branch to support newer hardware version of 1043ND?

I have the 1.6 version and have had issues with all the dd-wrt releases at some point but IMO the 14896 has been the most stable. the duplicates that I was seeing in site survey are now gone and it’s been up 19.5 days without dropping the wifi connection as in other releases.
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
my 1043s are only dropping the wireless connection in bridged client mode - all the other clients are running fine

so its an issue with the client bridge part.....
maverick-luke
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have one of these routers, just got it today.

Heres the info after logging into the router:

Firmware Version: 3.11.5 Build 100427 Rel.61427n
Hardware Version: TL-WR1043ND v1 00000000

The info on the back of the router:

Model: TL-WR1043ND Ver 1.7
S/N: 10565103984

Would this be a revision 1.7 maybe? Anyone point me in the right direction for getting a working and stable(ish) dd-wrt build on this router? Should I just use the standard build and procedure for the 1.1/1.4's? Thanks for any replies.
Diablokiller999
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm, why do I have 100% CPU usage with only one FTP-Write-Process on USB-HDD? Using ProFTPD built in DD-WRT and NetDrive for access, about 10MByte/s but is this cpu usage normal?
e-ghost
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
scottath wrote:
my 1043s are only dropping the wireless connection in bridged client mode - all the other clients are running fine

so its an issue with the client bridge part.....

my case was a bit different. I have already disable the wifi completely but still hang.... Shocked
hovedo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:06    Post subject: own WEB server, CPU load Reply with quote
Hello there, tis is my first post here, so i would like to thank all of you involved for an amazing work!

I succesfully flashed TL-WR1043ND with r14311 - almost everything works as expected, even a wifi.
but WEB server is causing problems - at times I do not have access tu my index.htm, even port 81 is not working at all, I must access using Management.asp(which is quite all right, I`m fine with it).
I folllow steps http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WEB_server :
1, mounted USB flash storage as /jffs
2, added startup script
Code:
killall httpd
httpd -p 81 -h /www
httpd -h /jffs

- port 81 not working at all
- my own index.htm at times not working(need to modify and save, then it works)
3, CPU load to high, httpd process 99%, web server freezes for few seconds after few pages(my own galleries, but photos less then 500kB)

do you have these issues as well? do you know how to fix them?
is there a detailed documentation about the httpd service in this version..?

thanx for any help
ankhazam
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't use such old builds... I recommend 14896

Navigation

Jump to: