TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 148, 149, 150  Next
bart2740
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
How you do that? Is this without danger?
Sponsor
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
bart2740 wrote:
sorry,I am not sure what you mean?

Linksys EA8500 - DD-WRT v3.0-r42856 std (04/07/20)as OpenVPN client behind pfsense box
Linksys EA8500 - DD-WRT v3.0-r43874 std (07/20/20)as Access Point
ASRock J3455B-ITX Quad Core / 8-GB of Ram pfsense 2.4.5-RELEASE-p1 <--Speedtest
ISP info: Verizon Fios | Alcatel I-211M-L
XPEnology DS3615xs
Not a Guru, just a dd-wrt aficionado...
bart2740
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 14:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
bart2740 wrote:
sorry,I am not sure what you mean?

Sorry, my mistake. My question:
Can you 'rollback' to an older version of DD-WRT without danger? And how do you that.., i'm wil rollback:
to: 14896 ( Is this a better build? (stable)

But how?

I'm have bad English, i now that.

Dutch version:
Quote:

Sorry mijn fout.
Mijn vraag:
Hoe kan je naar een andere firmware gaan van DD-WRT zonder gevaar? En hoe doe je dat. Mijn firmware is nu 14929 build, ik wil naar 14929.. ( is dit een betere build voor de WR1043ND? (stable)
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
rolling back is just a matter of the same thing as upgrading - just go into the upgrade firmware section.

as for safety - i assume the same as upgrading.

i think i got my issue fixed - read a forum that said upgrading to xxxx firmware had issues with disconnections (client bridge) and to use 14311 or older - i couldn't find that build so i used the next previous to that and it hasnt crashed yet with 8hrs of uptime with no disconnect now - vs ~45min with the current latest firmware.
lceron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
hey everyone. can someone please verify this issue i am having with wired connected clients. my windows 7 machine is reporting 100 mbps connection, and this router is supposed to be gigabit capable. i have a gigabit integrated to my mb so it should be working correctly. can someone please verify for me if the router is reporting gigabit connections or not?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
my router is running gigabit fine.
possibly your cable or the computers settings,
schnullimaus
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
Iceron,

make sure you're using an ethernet cable
which has all 8 wires connected, as Gigabit
requires all 8 Pins. There are cheap Ethernet
Cables wich only connect 4 Pins, as this is
enough for 10 and 100 Mbps Ethernet.

Good Luck,
Stephan
lceron
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
thanks for the fast technical support. my driver was faulty and after updating it, my pc is reporting gigabit connections. thanks for the advice... dd-wrt tech support is great... Laughing
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
lceron wrote:
hey everyone. can someone please verify this issue i am having with wired connected clients. my windows 7 machine is reporting 100 mbps connection, and this router is supposed to be gigabit capable. i have a gigabit integrated to my mb so it should be working correctly. can someone please verify for me if the router is reporting gigabit connections or not?

Yes mine links at 1gbps just fine. Check to make sure the duplex setting on card isn't manually set to 100mb and make sure the cables you are using are atleast Cat5e (350Mhz) and not Cat5. I recommend Cat6 (550+ Mhz) Ethernet cable for gigabit.
milen007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:43    Post subject: Re: ac2726 zte evdo modem Reply with quote
guys. i am kinda frustated as i got zero knowledge on linux

my problem is i cant see the usb drive i connected to the router. its mounted good in the usb service.

disc info:
--- /dev/discs/disc0/disc
Block device, size 1.971 GiB (2116026368 bytes)
DOS/MBR partition map
Partition 1: 1.971 GiB (2116009984 bytes, 4132832 sectors from 32, bootable)
Type 0x0B (Win95 FAT32)
FAT32 file system (hints score 5 of 5)
Volume size 1.967 GiB (2111864832 bytes, 515592 clusters of 4 KiB)

i also enabled nas and jffs2. but none of it can allowed me to see my flashdisk from the mac os network.

can someone help? or point me to the right direction? or i need to install samba? really have no clue.

also if anyone has idea about the other problem below quoted.

its really appreciated Smile

milen007 wrote:
hi guys

i just succesfully flash my 1043 to dd-wrt.

wondering if ac2726 zte evdo usb modem is supported? how to know if it works. as this is the 1st time i attempt to connect usb modem with router.

when in the status page of WAN, i click on connect. but it says connection type disable and then goes back to the wan status and the connection remains disconnect.

any idea or tips?

thanks in advance
Erwin
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hey all,

Ive been running a client bridge between my TP-Link 1043ND and a 941ND i have for a good while now.

1043 is the main router with the 941 acting as a bridge and as a repeater for the wifi.

I just got another 1043 with the intention of putting it in my case as a "wifi card" and as a gigabit link to my new itx server that is also going in my case (see project in sig)

Issue is that i cannot get the link between the 2 1043s stable.
It continually drops packets and alot more so when gaming - and thats QUITE annoying.

Has anyone had any experience with trouble shooting this sort of thing?

Ive tried location, signal strength, 6 firmware version, swapped routers (swapped the 2 1043's roles) and still no where.

i got it good for about an hour last night - but thats the best ive managed.

this is my network layout if it helps:

Main router = 192.168.1.1
XBox router = 192.168.1.2
Server/sig router = 192.168.1.5 (for now - will be 3)

SSID of all is the same
Same channel (as the 2 connect to the main router as a client)
All WPA2-PSK

Main router = the central hub.
Xbox router = a client on the main router, repeats signal for study computer + Wii
Sig rig router = a client on the main router, no repeating - only a bridge to the internal gigabit switch

Think of the 2 routers as a laptop thats connected to the wifi and bridges that wifi to its ethernet port (or in the case of the xbox router, to both the ethernet port and to wifi)

Additionally the Xbox router works perfectly - im only having issues with the new 1043ND.

It seems that it has issues only if there are extra clients on the main router.....

if anyone else has had this please do chime in - im just going to be aimlessly fiddling with it otherwise[/img]
nyllet83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 21:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
I doesn't work for me. I'll get this message:
-sh: mtd-e: not found

Do you know whats wrong?

rbej wrote:
How back to factory firmware.

Solution.

1st Download and unpack this file to USB drive http://ecco.selfip.net/tl-wr1043nd-luci/wr1043nd_3_9_13.orig.bin.zip (I would advise to change the file name to bios.bin). Connect USB drive to router.

2nd Turn on USB support in the configuration, storage support, and support fat and choose the point where you want to see the files.

3rd The administration options enable the telnet service.

4th Download the Putty program

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe

5th When you start Putty and enter the router's IP connection type set to telnet. When you are connected enter username and password to the router.(login:root password:the same as in the router)

6th The most important step. In the console type:

mtd-e linux-r write / path to file / bios.bin linux

When you set the directory mnt mount should look like:

mtd-e linux-r write / mnt / bios.bin linux

7th We pray that no voltage is not disconnected after 1-2 minutes the router will automatically reset itself.

Working perfect!!.

PS. Sorry for my english.
nyllet83
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have tried mtd -e linux-r write / path to file / bios.bin linux and it don't work.
Please help me.

nyllet83 wrote:
I doesn't work for me. I'll get this message:
-sh: mtd-e: not found

Do you know whats wrong?

rbej wrote:
How back to factory firmware.

Solution.

1st Download and unpack this file to USB drive http://ecco.selfip.net/tl-wr1043nd-luci/wr1043nd_3_9_13.orig.bin.zip (I would advise to change the file name to bios.bin). Connect USB drive to router.

2nd Turn on USB support in the configuration, storage support, and support fat and choose the point where you want to see the files.

3rd The administration options enable the telnet service.

4th Download the Putty program

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe

5th When you start Putty and enter the router's IP connection type set to telnet. When you are connected enter username and password to the router.(login:root password:the same as in the router)

6th The most important step. In the console type:

mtd-e linux-r write / path to file / bios.bin linux

When you set the directory mnt mount should look like:

mtd-e linux-r write / mnt / bios.bin linux

7th We pray that no voltage is not disconnected after 1-2 minutes the router will automatically reset itself.

Working perfect!!.

PS. Sorry for my english.
LOM
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
nyllet83 wrote:
I have tried mtd -e linux-r write / path to file / bios.bin linux and it don't work.
Please help me.

No spaces in your /filepath/filename
mtd -e linux -r write /path/filename linux

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
I plan to buy this router because the specs are very good. But since the D-Link DIR-825 was a total failure, I ask here before:

The Dir-825 also has an Atheros chipset and with DD-WRT I was unable to change the transmitting power of the WLAN. Actually I use the Linksys WRT54GL with two 9dbi antennas and 100mw tx power. I hope, that the TP-Link can also handle these settings? I want to attach 3x 9dbi antennas and increase the tx power. Is this possible?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 148, 149, 150  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 40 of 150
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: