TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 148, 149, 150  Next
cheebye
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 14:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
cheebye wrote:
banyan wrote:
cheebye wrote:

Can anyone please verify that the latest firmware works with the QSS button?

Yes, I can use the QSS button to toggle radio on/off with the r14815 build, after checking the two options in the WebGUI and rebooting the router. Note that you should hold the button until the QSS LED lights up and then quickly release it. You will see the WLAN LED on/off.

However, the radio status in the WebGUI and sometimes the WLAN LED does not indicate the actual radio status. But the toggling function is working.

After pressing the QSS button, did you verify that WiFi is really off by searching for WiFi? I'm afraid that when the WLAN LED is off, WiFi may actually be still on.
Can anyone help confirm the wireless button functionality?
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 20:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the informations! ... back to DD-WRT again :D

Regulatory Domain = United States
Channel width = Turbo (40 MHz)
WLAN-Channel= 2 or auto
transmission power = 24 dBm
tx = 1 + 2 +3
rx = 1 + 3
ACK timing = 0
wlan security encryption = AEK

seems to be working good Smile
toshoyankov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:12    Post subject: optware problem Reply with quote
Hello,
I have TP-LINK W1043ND with installed dd-wrt (build 14869)
I trying to install some additional software (samba,torrent client,etc), but unfortunately I have problem with ipkg system. When I try to update list of software nothing happens:

root@topche-wifi:~# ipkg update
root@topche-wifi:~#

I try to use this manual : http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware%2C_the_Right_Way but result is the same:

root@topche-wifi:~# sh /tmp/prep_optware
/tmp/prep_optware
Written on: Sat Jul 31 14:10:03 CEST 2010
If you're giving feedback, please post the version as well

This will take a while!
If you need to do some shopping.... do it now! ;-)

Connecting to ipkg.nslu2-linux.org (140.211.169.169:80)
ipk 100% |*******************************| 75822 --:--:-- ETA
Optware is not installed... Let's install it

Connecting to wd.mirmana.com (85.191.0.241:80)
- 100% |*******************************| 3954 --:--:-- ETA
Checking system config ...
Warning: /opt partition not empty!
ipk 100% |*******************************| 75822 00:00:00 ETA
Installing package uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13_mipsel.ipk ...(wget -O /tmp/uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13_mipsel.ipk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13_mipsel.ipk)
Some newer versions of DD-WRT does not show download progress bar,
so just be patient - or check STATUS -> BANDWIDTH tab for download
activity in your routers Web-GUI, and then still wait a minute or two.
uclibc-opt_0.9.28-13 100% |*******************************| 832k 00:00:00 ETA
Updating /opt/etc/ld.so.cache
/opt/sbin/ldconfig: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected
Installing package ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_mipsel.ipk ...(wget -O /tmp/ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_mipsel.ipk http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10_mipsel.ipk)
Some newer versions of DD-WRT does not show download progress bar,
so just be patient - or check STATUS -> BANDWIDTH tab for download
activity in your routers Web-GUI, and then still wait a minute or two.
ipkg-opt_0.99.163-10 100% |*******************************| 75822 --:--:-- ETA
Connecting to wd.mirmana.com (85.191.0.241:80)
- 100% |*******************************| 0 --:--:-- ETA
Alas, your hardware is not supported and I\'m sorry if all this gave you false hopes
Please provide feedback in this thread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=59668
/opt/bin/ipkg-opt: line 1: ELF@4�: not found
/opt/bin/ipkg-opt: line 2: syntax error: "(" unexpected
Optware installation was not successfull... exit!

Can anybody help me? How to fix this problems, Thank you in advanced.
bart2740
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 17:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I'm new in DD-WRT and i have followed this discussion, but i have some questions:

Has version V1.0 supported ? (modem: TL-WR1043ND(DE)
Has this te best firmware:
Quote:
TP-Link WR1043ND v1.1/v1.4 Firmware: Special image for initial flashing factory-to-ddwrt.bin 2010-08-09 7,69 MB
at this moment?

What are te bugs at this moment? Wat will work end what will not work. (N-Wireless), USB.

Can you after installing DD-WRT: rollback to the factory TP-Link firmware?

Sorry for my bad bad English, i can read English but write not good enough.
gizimodo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 18:06    Post subject: Re: optware problem Reply with quote
toshoyankov wrote:
Hello,
I trying to install some additional software (samba,torrent client,etc), but unfortunately I have problem with ipkg system. When I try to update list of software nothing happens:

Check out this blog: http://g300nh.blogspot.com/

Start with software installation on DD-WRT part 1

'Prebuilt binaries for Broadcom routers WILL NOT work on Atheros based devices' and 'Thanks to the OpenWrt guys, with some effort, we can now put the OpenWrt binary on this router and it will run as good as the popular “optware”.'

I've been able to get samba and transmission working thanks to these tutorials Very Happy
immetjes
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
bart2740 wrote:
Hello,

I'm new in DD-WRT and i have followed this discussion, but i have some questions:

Quote:
TP-Link WR1043ND v1.1/v1.4 Firmware: Special image for initial flashing factory-to-ddwrt.bin 2010-08-09 7,69 MB
at this moment?

What are te bugs at this moment? Wat will work end what will not work. (N-Wireless), USB.

Here is the latest I flashed yesterday on my tl-wr1043nd: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/08-12-10-r14929 (anonymous login) then to folder tplink_tl-wr1043nd.

Wireless-n works like a charm. Mixed-NG, turbo-40 = 5.5MB/s (with Hercules HWNU-300).

Returning is not that easy. But why should you? DD-WRT is MUCH better.
tximy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:52    Post subject: I need help to enable the Xlink KAI at TP-WR1043ND Reply with quote
Hello i have an Tplink TP-WR1043ND with ddwrt 24 pre sp2 14929 STD , i stay enabling the support for the Xlink KAI but i dont now. This is the std (unique) version. (without kai).
The opkg is functional now but i can't find the kaid daemon.

Thanks.

p.d. sorry for my english

Last edited by tximy on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:47; edited 1 time in total
toshoyankov
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:06    Post subject: Re: optware problem Reply with quote
gizimodo wrote:
toshoyankov wrote:
Hello,

Check out this blog: http://g300nh.blogspot.com/

Start with software installation on DD-WRT part 1

'Prebuilt binaries for Broadcom routers WILL NOT work on Atheros based devices' and 'Thanks to the OpenWrt guys, with some effort, we can now put the OpenWrt binary on this router and it will run as good as the popular “optware”.'

I've been able to get samba and transmission working thanks to these tutorials Very Happy

Thank you very much gizimodo Laughing
Everything is working Smile Smile Smile
tximy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks toshoyankov
The opkg is functional now, but i can't find the kaid daemon.
bart2740
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 19:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
immetjes wrote:
bart2740 wrote:
Hello,

Quote:
at this moment?

Here is the latest I flashed yesterday on my tl-wr1043nd: ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2/08-12-10-r14929 (anonymous login) then to folder tplink_tl-wr1043nd.

Wireless-n works like a charm. Mixed-NG, turbo-40 = 5.5MB/s (with Hercules HWNU-300).

Returning is not that easy. But why should you? DD-WRT is MUCH better.

Thanks my WR1043ND V1.0 works properly. notice: after installing DD-WRT flash the router 30/30/30 or search her in the topic to the Telnet way. If you not reset, erese the Nv-Ram than you get a unstable router! (wireless drops, not compatible adaptors)
rbej
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 20:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
How back to factory firmware.

Solution.

1st Download and unpack this file to USB drive http://ecco.selfip.net/tl-wr1043nd-luci/wr1043nd_3_9_13.orig.bin.zip (I would advise to change the file name to bios.bin). Connect USB drive to router.

2nd Turn on USB support in the configuration, storage support, and support fat and choose the point where you want to see the files.

3rd The administration options enable the telnet service.

4th Download the Putty program

http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe

5th When you start Putty and enter the router's IP connection type set to telnet. When you are connected enter username and password to the router.(login:root password:the same as in the router)

6th The most important step. In the console type:

mtd-e linux-r write / path to file / bios.bin linux

When you set the directory mnt mount should look like:

mtd-e linux-r write / mnt / bios.bin linux

7th We pray that no voltage is not disconnected after 1-2 minutes the router will automatically reset itself.

Working perfect!!.

PS. Sorry for my english.
scottath
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just got a second 1043ND for my home network.

the new one i am intending on setting up as a client bridge - i have set it up and it works fine - for about 40 minutes.
After ~40-50min it seems to loose the wireless link to the main router (another 1043) - i cannot ping the main router etc - but the new router runs fine as a gigabit switch - just no internet.

I have a tplink 941ND running in client bridge + repeater mode and it works flawlessly.

i have copied the same config across to the new 1043 (rev 1.7) and well - after 40min or so net just dies.

This is running the latest firmware and the one previous too.

Reseting the router (either pull power or via webgui reset) fixes the issue - but again only for 50min or so

Anyone got any ideas on that issue?

EDIT: been doing some googling nad some others had similar issues with other routers and lowering the TX power seemed to help.....i'll give that a go when i get home probably (its set to 20 atm)
bart2740
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
You mean NG-Mixed correct? 40 mhz is not an option with Mixed, this is, on my router anyway. For 40 mhz to become selectable I must also select NG-Mixed or N-only

Hello 05dyna,

Works your router stable? My router has not good speed. If i choose NG-Mixed, then going the laptop (with a G-adapter) to a low speed. On my desktop going i'ts good high.

Over lan has the speed: 2mb/s :(

Can i better DD-WRT 14896 installing? (downgrade from 14929)? is this possible on the Web Gui way?

Sorry for my poor English.. I'm Leaving in Belgium.
milen007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:47    Post subject: ac2726 zte evdo modem Reply with quote
hi guys

i just succesfully flash my 1043 to dd-wrt.

wondering if ac2726 zte evdo usb modem is supported? how to know if it works. as this is the 1st time i attempt to connect usb modem with router.

when in the status page of WAN, i click on connect. but it says connection type disable and then goes back to the wan status and the connection remains disconnect.

any idea or tips?

thanks in advance
Erwin
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
bart2740 wrote:
05dyna wrote:
You mean NG-Mixed correct? 40 mhz is not an option with Mixed, this is, on my router anyway. For 40 mhz to become selectable I must also select NG-Mixed or N-only

Hello 05dyna,

Works your router stable? My router has not good speed. If i choose NG-Mixed, then going the laptop (with a G-adapter) to a low speed. On my desktop going i'ts good high.

Over lan has the speed: 2mb/s :(

Can i better DD-WRT 14896 installing? (downgrade from 14929)? is this possible on the Web Gui way?

Sorry for my poor English.. I'm Leaving in Belgium.
I have the 1.6 currently running 14896 , I had rolled back from 14929 however either way I think both versions still have some issues. For example two days ago the wifi just stopped working until I rebooted the router. I posted the image of the duplicates from my wireless site survey a few weeks ago. I just checked but it is not displaying the duplicates today but clearly that was a problem.

Another issue is the NTP client, I’m in UTC-5:00 however I must set my router to UTC-4:00 for the device to display the correct time. As far as speeds LAN, WAN , or wireless they are excellent. Wifi over the LAN is just over 3mb. Overall speed is no problem here as long as the wifi could stay up. here is a here a typical speed test result from wireless speedtest http://www.speedtest.net/result/940234924.png hopefully the next version is a little more stable.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 148, 149, 150  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 39 of 150
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: