TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150  Next
Author Message
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 3645
Location: UK, London, just across the river..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
SpiderVice wrote:
I just ordered this router (v3), and I'm wondering, of all the recent builds available what is the most stable? Given that Atheros has been having some issues lately and even on my old 841ND I had to be pretty selective with the recent builds...


well currently i use 30880 its working very well but 30731 was great and 30681 and then back to 30082 and 30016 all ware good with my units and for what i use them, witch is the most important thing when choosing operational build what do you need it for ?? ...... Wink look around build treads there is a lot of info always...

_________________
Atheros
TP-Link WR740Nv1 ------DD-WRT 43334 BS AP,NAT
TP-Link WR740Nv4 ------DD-WRT 43028 BS WAP/Switch
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 43516 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -------DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -------DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 via Entware by mac913
Sponsor
greg80
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just ordered V3.
When I tried to flash it, I got this message:

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

my Firmware Version:
3.16.9 Build 160122 Rel.38384n
It's a US version

Any way to play around ?
greg80
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 27 Nov 2015
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
greg80 wrote:
I just ordered V3.
When I tried to flash it, I got this message:

Error code: 18005
Upgrade unsuccessfully because the version of the upgraded file was incorrect. Please check the file name.

my Firmware Version:
3.16.9 Build 160122 Rel.38384n
It's a US version

Any way to play around ?


It's OK I found a workaround to remove the lock
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=283735&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60
I flashed successfully DD-WRT
SpiderVice
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Aug 2015
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 18:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
It looks like I got the v4 instead of the v3. I ain't complaining, but is possible to somehow get DD-WRT on the v4?
Gymmarn
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jul 2007
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:56    Post subject: Help, bricked 1043 Reply with quote
I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I tried to revert my 1043 running DD-WRT to stock firmware. I flashed with this file: tl-wr1043nd_v1-webrevert.rar, from here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

I think I forgot to unpack the webrevert file though, I'm pretty sure I just chose the RAR file and pressed flash.

The router flashed and rebooted happily but instead of TP-Links stock firmware I'm greeted with a newer DD-WRT, namely the 30631 version.

The thing is now that the DD-WRT GUI doesn't seem to have root rights, it can't make any changes to the router. Any changes I make is gone after a power-off.

Telnet works, but I can't login as root/admin or any combination of the old root password.

Any help is appreciated.
golias200
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 08 Feb 2016
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 20:11    Post subject: Re: Help, bricked 1043 Reply with quote
Gymmarn wrote:
I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I tried to revert my 1043 running DD-WRT to stock firmware. I flashed with this file: tl-wr1043nd_v1-webrevert.rar, from here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=85237

I think I forgot to unpack the webrevert file though, I'm pretty sure I just chose the RAR file and pressed flash.

The router flashed and rebooted happily but instead of TP-Links stock firmware I'm greeted with a newer DD-WRT, namely the 30631 version.

The thing is now that the DD-WRT GUI doesn't seem to have root rights, it can't make any changes to the router. Any changes I make is gone after a power-off.

Telnet works, but I can't login as root/admin or any combination of the old root password.

Any help is appreciated.


flash web gui striped fw http://www.friedzombie.com/tplink-stripped-firmware/ extract rar file
aelfinn
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 21 Feb 2008
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 17:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
SpiderVice wrote:
It looks like I got the v4 instead of the v3. I ain't complaining, but is possible to somehow get DD-WRT on the v4?

I was wondering the same thing…
SpiderVice
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 24 Aug 2015
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
They're very different pieces of hardware... We'd need a DD-WRT dev to have one of those. Not much hope for now unless one of them gets one/one is donated to them.
tova
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
colebantam wrote:
Hello...

I cant upgrade my TL-WR1043ND (v1) to any other firmware anymore. On any upgrade I get "upgrade failed" or "upgrade successful", but even after "successful" upgrades the build-date doesn't change. I'm stuck on Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std and cant go back nor forward :/ I also tried to revert to stock-firmware, same result. I already did the 30/30/30 reset, also no change. Any idea how to get to a new firmware image?

Greets, Claus


Hello, I have the same problém with TL-WR1043ND v2.1. No other firmware than build 24461 (06/23/14) is working. Some updates fails, some looks successful, but after reboot the version is still 24461 nad nothing changed.

ToVa
tova
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
tova wrote:
colebantam wrote:
Hello...

I cant upgrade my TL-WR1043ND (v1) to any other firmware anymore. On any upgrade I get "upgrade failed" or "upgrade successful", but even after "successful" upgrades the build-date doesn't change. I'm stuck on Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/23/14) std and cant go back nor forward :/ I also tried to revert to stock-firmware, same result. I already did the 30/30/30 reset, also no change. Any idea how to get to a new firmware image?

Greets, Claus


Hello, I have the same problém with TL-WR1043ND v2.1. No other firmware than build 24461 (06/23/14) is working. Some updates fails, some looks successful, but after reboot the version is still 24461 nad nothing changed.

ToVa


Solution:

http://www.askmeaboutlinux.com/?p=2819

Telnet to the router, download FW by wget and flash it.

This works for me...

ToVa
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 3645
Location: UK, London, just across the river..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
well did you do erase nvram before and after the flash, it seems you guys don't spend much time on reading....
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Installation

_________________
Atheros
TP-Link WR740Nv1 ------DD-WRT 43334 BS AP,NAT
TP-Link WR740Nv4 ------DD-WRT 43028 BS WAP/Switch
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 43516 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -------DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -------DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 via Entware by mac913
violetahall
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 09 Feb 2017
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:40    Post subject: RE: Reply with quote
Hi, everybody! Many thanks for sharing your personal opinions with others. In fact, reading is the most important element when you learn: http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/why-reading-is-important-essay
felipy2k
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 14 Sep 2012
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 17:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
hello! Im on 1043ND v1 is the v3-r31277 the lasted firmware?

Im trying to make this router repeater but using a powerline, one side i got the netgear r7000 (default firmware) and connect to 1043nd tru powerline to get a better connection! Does anyone knows where can i find some good tutorial to make it work tru cable? cause all i found is tru wifi (site survey).


thanx
ricain
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 May 2013
Posts: 27

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
@Alozaros: probably you have reason, but same setting on wifi works on 29409 and not work on version 31791 and 31825.

Reboot on thursdays is choice mine Wink

Quote:
erase nvram
reboot


Erase nvram is 30/30/30? And after put this version 31899 and put settings manually or i can restore with backup settings?
Alozaros
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 3645
Location: UK, London, just across the river..

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
i always set my settings manually, and yes you can restore them using file but only if they are for the same firmware version....

never use saved settings on different firmware version...

30/30/30 does not work well on this router it can cause problems use erase nvram method....

_________________
Atheros
TP-Link WR740Nv1 ------DD-WRT 43334 BS AP,NAT
TP-Link WR740Nv4 ------DD-WRT 43028 BS WAP/Switch
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 43516 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,NAT,AD Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
TP-Link WR1043NDv2 ----Gargoyle OS 1.12.0 AP,NAT,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm/IPQ8065
Netgear R7800 -------DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,NAT,AD-Block,AP&Net Isolation,VLAN's,Firewall,Local DNS,DoT
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 -------DD-WRT 43652 BS AP,Wi-Fi OFF,NAT,AD-Block,Firewall,Local DNS,Forced DNS,DoT,VPN
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stubby for DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 via Entware by mac913
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148, 149, 150  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 147 of 150
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum