TP-Link WR-1043ND

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 148, 149, 150  Next
altas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Evening

is this normaly that the Wireless and the LAN MAC is the same?
Sponsor
martyp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,
I just bought one of these after many happy years with my WRT54G running DD-WRT v24. I'm finding the firmware on it quite flakey especially the web management interface which doesn't load half the time and has to be reset. I'm now thinking about putting DD-WRT on there. In a nutshell noting this is a huge thread, does DD-WRT work well with the WR1043ND V1.4? It worked great on my Linksys but I don't know if that was more the firmware or router hardware itself?
Can anyone advise please if the DD-WRT firmware is very reliable on this model?
Many thanks
altas
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
is this a Bug or normal that the WLAN Software from the Notebook show me G and N Connectin possible for the WR1043ND although i have set the Router on N-Only
voljka
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 16:17    Post subject: Router self-reboot Reply with quote
Hi. I switched from TP-LINK firmware to DD-WRT due to instability on stock firmware. But with latest DD-WRT firmware I have router reboots without reason. Uptime is no more then 2 days.
FW version is: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (06/14/11) std - build 17201

Do I choose very beta firmware or DD-WRT for 1043 model is worst then stock image?
Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Try resetting your router's configuration. I had a similar problem when I upgraded once and kept my old configuration. The old configuration files weren't compatible with the new version of DD-WRT.
xximik
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Firmware 16 214 (17 201). Checked Inssider not working 40 mhz. You start or restart activated for 5 seconds and disappears. How do I use 40 mhz?
martyp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 17:31    Post subject: Problems accessing the web interface on stock firmware? Reply with quote
Hi all,
I'm considering changing to DD-WRT now for the main reason that even on the latest TP-Link firmware the web interface seems to constantly play up. The internet seems to be generally ok on wifi but when trying to access it internally or externally it either doesn't load or says the connection to the server was reset (Firefox).
The web interface for DD-WRT on my Linksys WRT54G I had before was very stable. TP-Link have told me it's probably because of so many configurations being set on the router so it's like the web interface can't load?
Does anyone get these issues on DD-WRT?
Drek
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
The web interface for DD-WRT works perfectly on my TP-Link.
nebbia88
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
@martyp

did you perform a factory reset before and after upgrading firmware? did you tried flashing an older firmware to be sure the "bug" is only in the lastest?

Never use configuration backup when using different firmware versions, always reconfigure manually...

try with different browsers and/or portable editions ;)
Blue_Ninja0
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
What are the values you guys have set for the TX Antenna Chains and RX Antenna Chains?

I've read this router is 3T3R, but DD-WRT defaults the TX Antenna Chains to 1+3.

I think it should be 1+2+3, or am I mixing something up?
martyp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
Drek wrote:
The web interface for DD-WRT works perfectly on my TP-Link.

Thanks Drek, I might give it a shot and see how things go. My web interface has gone down again after just a day or so again. The internet works fine though so no point in rebooting at the moment really.
My ISP (Virginmedia) claims the router is the cause of my internet issues and supplied me with a DLink DIR-615. The TP-Link can sometimes have trouble picking up the WAN IP config from the Ambit 256 cable modem so I have to reboot the modem several times. Will be interesting to know if DD-WRT helps with that.
martyp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
nebbia88 wrote:
@martyp

did you perform a factory reset before and after upgrading firmware? did you tried flashing an older firmware to be sure the "bug" is only in the lastest?

Never use configuration backup when using different firmware versions, always reconfigure manually...

try with different browsers and/or portable editions Wink

Hi nebbia88 Smile When I bought the router I held the reset button in for about 30 seconds and then updated the firmware. I've spent a while adding IP addresses/port forwards etc in and configuring it so would prefer if possible to reload the saved config after a reset. Would that be likely to mess up any fixes done by doing another reset and updating the firmware again?
I tried a factory reset through the web interface last week then reloaded the saved config...
I could try doing a reset or an earlier firmware (if I can find it). Isn't DD-WRT more reliable than the stock firmware anyway?
nebbia88
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
martyp wrote:
CUT

We're a lot OT, you have a PM.
bruce_wein
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 19:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi guys.

I've read the entire thread and i still have a few questions ...

I want to buy TP Link TP-WR1043ND router but the only HW models i can find in stores are 1.5 & 1.8

I've read that the 1.4 is the only HW version which works flawlessly.

I need to know which one is better : 1.5 or 1.8

My needs are :
1 pc connected through LAN, 1 NAS connected through LAN, Xtreamer connected through LAN, iPhone 4 via WiFI, Motorola Defy via WiFi, 1 laptop (Dell Latitude D630) via WiFI.
I'm connected to Cable ISP and i need a L2TP dialer.
My internet line is 12Mb/1Mb

Please help ... which version should i buy and what issues i might encounter if i install DD-WRT ?

Igor
Snoopo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 20:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there is there a way to change ath0 from 2.4ghz to 5ghz or add a second interface to provide the 5ghz network on this wouter?
Or is this physical limitation on this router not to get "real" 300mbit/s on wlan?

thanks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 148, 149, 150  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 76 of 150
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: