Bricked WRT54G2 V1!!! Need help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
triggerhappytv22
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 22:00    Post subject: Bricked WRT54G2 V1!!! Need help please! Reply with quote
Hey guys,

I am pretty new to the router modification thing, but I have been working on computers for some time now.

I had an extra router laying around that was compatible with the dd-wrt firmware upgrade so i thought i would try and upgrade the firmware and covert the router to give my xbox 360 wireless connection.

I followed these instructions: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=40142

But when updating the firmware for VxWorksKiller the connection timed out...

I searched for 3 hours last night and tried several things go get the router reflashed back to the stock firmware to no avail. This is what I have gathered thus far:

-When I plug the router into a power source, the 4 connection lights come on and the earth light comes on for about 1 sec, then it goes dark.
-When connected to power and my mac, only the connection light lights up and flashes periodically.
-When I ping the router through the browser it just times out.
-When I use Terminal to continuously ping the router it works but i get ttl=100
-I have tried both MacTFTP Client and Draytek Router tool. Both successfully send the bin file but the router doesn't reset and nothing changes.
-I have followed posts trying to get the router to go into management mode or failsafe mode but I don't think it worked.

-I am not sure how to correctly enter the TFTP commands into Terminal to get it to send the bin which is why I tried the TFTP programs.

What should I try next???

Thanks,
Alex
Sponsor
zerofire
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
You need to perform a power cycle and then a reset. After you are done doing that you need to use tftp and upload a new version of DD-WRT. Once uploaded let it sit for 3min and then reset it again. Just for the record you cannot install OEM firmware on a WRT54G2 after the vxworks killer is uploaded.
swordfishx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 13:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
you should try this dude...

mine (wrt54g v3.1) got revive by this helpful site

Exclamation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: