UPnP and K26 -UPnP not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 5772

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 23:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
evox2008 wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong (users with WRT320N), but uPnP works (I remember the last time I used it on there) - it just gave me over 100% load, but the ports were shown in the uPnP list...

Yep, shown they are, but not at all opened.
Sponsor
KarlitoBrigante
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 25 Dec 2009
Posts: 2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 18:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot,

your miniupnp script appears to work flawlessly thank you very much.

I am a newb and it would have been helpful if the first post had the following information:

  1. telnet to 192.168.1.1
  2. username is root
  3. password is same as what you set for the web ui
  4. After successful login run the following commands in telnet:

    1. cd /tmp
    2. wget http://hackthecode.googlecode.com/files/miniupnpd.sh
    3. chmod 777 miniupnpd.sh
    4. ./miniupnpd.sh

  5. miniupnp should now be working perfectly. Run a program that uses uPnP and then type "iptables -L MINIUPNPD" into the telnet window and you should see an entry for your uPnP program.

Thank you very much autobot for your hard work and eko for the awesome dd-wrt build 13491M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko.

I can now play cod:mw2 and altitude without a problem ;)
latinpapie
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 274
Location: San Jose, Ca

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 0:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok so i ran the code that autobot sent to me through a pm and it is working fine! thanks man!

EDIT: ok so my xbox 360 cant not connect to live because it says it is having MTU issues...my ps3 works fine though so i dont get it....any suggestions?

_________________
E3000 K2.6 Eko 16758 Mega
E3000 CB K2.6 EKO 16758 STD USB NAS
WRT610N V2 CB K2.6 Eko15337 STD Nokaid
WRT310N V2 CB K2.6 BS 15362 STD Nokaid
ACiDxCHRiST
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
KarlitoBrigante wrote:
autobot,

your miniupnp script appears to work flawlessly thank you very much.

I am a newb and it would have been helpful if the first post had the following information:

  1. telnet to 192.168.1.1
  2. username is root
  3. password is same as what you set for the web ui
  4. After successful login run the following commands in telnet:

    1. cd /tmp
    2. wget http://hackthecode.googlecode.com/files/miniupnpd.sh
    3. chmod 777 miniupnpd.sh
    4. ./miniupnpd.sh

  5. miniupnp should now be working perfectly. Run a program that uses uPnP and then type "iptables -L MINIUPNPD" into the telnet window and you should see an entry for your uPnP program.

Thank you very much autobot for your hard work and eko for the awesome dd-wrt build 13491M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko.

I can now play cod:mw2 and altitude without a problem ;)


Ok I did this and it works great, but do I need to do anything else to make sure this persists through reboots? I assume that resetting the router will require me to redo this but does power cycling and rebooting require me to redo this?
autobot
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 1596

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
You guys need to read the thread and you will see it points to my miniupnpd installation thread which tells you in the first line to save the following as a firewall script and why.


Code:

sleep 10
wget http://hackthecode.googlecode.com/files/miniupnpd.sh -O /tmp/miniupnpd.sh
chmod +x /tmp/miniupnpd.sh
sh /tmp/miniupnpd.sh

_________________
Eko Builds

BrainSlayer Builds

DD-WRT Changelog RSS Feed
ACiDxCHRiST
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 16:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Done.

Thank you for the script.
latinpapie
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 274
Location: San Jose, Ca

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
autobot wrote:
You guys need to read the thread and you will see it points to my miniupnpd installation thread which tells you in the first line to save the following as a firewall script and why.


Code:

sleep 10
wget http://hackthecode.googlecode.com/files/miniupnpd.sh -O /tmp/miniupnpd.sh
chmod +x /tmp/miniupnpd.sh
sh /tmp/miniupnpd.sh


i do so but i still have issues with my xbox saying the MTU or NAT isnt open....ps3 is fine though

_________________
E3000 K2.6 Eko 16758 Mega
E3000 CB K2.6 EKO 16758 STD USB NAS
WRT610N V2 CB K2.6 Eko15337 STD Nokaid
WRT310N V2 CB K2.6 BS 15362 STD Nokaid
edrikk
DD-WRT User


Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 21:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
latinpapie wrote:
autobot wrote:
You guys need to read the thread and you will see it points to my miniupnpd installation thread which tells you in the first line to save the following as a firewall script and why.


Code:

sleep 10
wget http://hackthecode.googlecode.com/files/miniupnpd.sh -O /tmp/miniupnpd.sh
chmod +x /tmp/miniupnpd.sh
sh /tmp/miniupnpd.sh


i do so but i still have issues with my xbox saying the MTU or NAT isnt open....ps3 is fine though



There was a little error I think in the IPTable rules. It's nothing major, so no need to worry. Wait until Autobot is able to take a look at my note on the miniupnp thread (which he has mentioned above).

Once he has done that, all that will be needed is a reboot of your router, and things should be good to go.
latinpapie
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 274
Location: San Jose, Ca

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
ah ok i had no clue...ill be patient
_________________
E3000 K2.6 Eko 16758 Mega
E3000 CB K2.6 EKO 16758 STD USB NAS
WRT610N V2 CB K2.6 Eko15337 STD Nokaid
WRT310N V2 CB K2.6 BS 15362 STD Nokaid
edrikk
DD-WRT User


Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 186
Location: Canada

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
For anyone only reading this thread. The miniupnp 'issue' is fixed. If you reboot your router (if you have added the firewall script already) you will get the latest iptables ruleset, and you'll be good to go. :)

Thanks again to Autobot!

Link to thread:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62622
Eko
DD-WRT Developer/Maintainer


Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Posts: 5772

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have working K26 build now with default upnp...... Smile
ACiDxCHRiST
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
any estimated time for the new build?
bake73
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 14:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
Eko wrote:
I have working K26 build now with default upnp...... Smile


nice work Eko Cool

I'm looking forward to testing it out.
got_milk
DD-WRT User


Joined: 05 Dec 2009
Posts: 377
Location: Toronto, Canada

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
ACiDxCHRiST wrote:
any estimated time for the new build?


In case you've yet to see it...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63539

_________________
Peacock Thread | Wireless Drops/Slow? Got an Intel Card? Read this! | BrainSlayer Builds | Eko Builds

Netgear WNDR3700 - OpenWRT Kamikaze Bleeding Edge Trunk Builds
(retired) Linksys WRT310N v1 - DD-WRT v24-sp2 build 15693 std-nokaid-small NEWD2 K2.6
ACiDxCHRiST
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
got_milk wrote:
In case you've yet to see it...

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=63539

Yep I saw it, and I flashed it.

Thanks for the heads-up though.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum